“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Oyster Bar
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Dockside Sea Grille serves the freshest seafood in Lake Park, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens and North Palm Beach. Whether it be Maryland crabcakes, a Maine Lobster Roll, or the fresh catch of the day, Dockside can fill all your seafood needs.At Dockside Sea Grille, we've poured our heart and soul creating a small locally owned business that takes pride in creative, uniqely crafted seafood filled with outside the box ideas. We aren't Applebee's, TGI Fridays, Olive Garden or any type of corporate restaurant and we certainly don't do things by the book. We love to acknowledge our customers, getting to know more about them, their favorite drinks, and menu items. Dockside is a hole in the wall local Lake Park, West Palm Beach, and North Palm Beach restaurant and we love our customers, friends, and family that we get to share it with. We hope to see you soon! So stop in and enjoy great food and drink while dining outside on the water under the thatched tiki roof. You'll feel like you walked into paradise! Please visit us at docksideseagrille.com
palm beach gardens,florida
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Despite living in the area for many years, I saw a local dines special for this restaurant so we gave it a shot. When walking into the restaurant it looked worn but when we got outside on the deck, it was a nice view. I cannot imagine dining in the heat in the middle of summer but since it was a cool January day, we were very comfortable. The waiter was more than friendly. I had the steak on garlic toast which was good. My husband had the blackened mahi which he said fit the bill. It is a relaxing atmosphere but the place could use a sprucing up such as the wicker chairs versus as I called them the "old type ballroom chairs" which were mismatched. Also, there are signs to include the person holding a sign outside the establishment for $1.00 buffet with no indication of restrictions. However, it is $1.00 per item which is still cheap but just to advise. Overall we were happy with our meal and would certainly return again but only on a cool Florida day.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Certificate holders-Beware!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I bought 4 certificates for Dockside at 50% off to be used with my party of 4. Wnen I began to pay with the coupons, the waiter stated that I could only use one, even thiough we ordered of the regular menu where the prices are inflated and ordered more than the value of the certificates. I stated that there were no restrictions such as "one per table". A heated discussion ensued and he allowed the four to be used.for this time only.
It is a weird restaurant in a strip mall , a small bar/restaurant in the front and a boardwalk with tables in the rear. The fried captain platter was OK, but the experience made me feel that I was being hustled.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
DocksideSeaGrille, Owner at Dockside Sea Grille, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Hi dmfchamp,

Thank you for the feedback.

Firstly, we apologize for the sour experience. These coupons were worded incorrectly and we were caught off guard by the request. We’re extremely sorry for not handling it better at the time. We would like to make it up to you by offering a free dinner for two on our waterfront tiki deck.

Secondly, your feedback made us realize we need to be much more clear, open, and transparent with our guests regarding coupons. We have taken the initiative to create a standard transparent wording for all coupons going forward.

Here is our new standard coupon policy:
Not valid with any other discounts or offers. Tax and Gratuity are not included. Limit one coupon per table. Not valid on holidays or special events.

We hope you will take us up on the offer and re-join us at Dockside for some of the freshest seafood in Palm Beach. Yeah, we are a bit weird. But who isn’t ☺

Best Regards,
west palm beach, nyc
“You are Kidding!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I had a coupon, and when I gave it to the sorely waitress she protested - it's supposed to be for 2! Well it didn't say that, now did it. Regardless, the food was worthless, and with such lovely spot. No wonder noone was there! I hear they opened a $1 Lunch nexdoor - I'm thinking it's the leftovers from this practical dump!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hi bnmydream,

Thank you for your feedback.

We’d like to sincerely apologize for the experience you had when visiting Dockside. This is not the norm at Dockside. We’d like you to give us one more chance to make it up to you by offering a free dinner on our waterfront tiki deck for you and a friend. Please send us a TripAdvisor message and we will ensure your next experience will be top notch.

Additionally, your feedback made us realize we need to be much more clear, open, and transparent with our guests regarding coupons. We have taken the initiative to create a standard transparent wording for all coupons going forward.

Here is our new standard coupon policy:

We created the Dockside Dollar Grille ($1 Lunch) next door because we believe that in the middle of a recession, good hard working guests need a place to eat where affordable food is prepared fresh, not pre-packaged fast food or leftovers. Where else can you get a freshly prepared greek salad (with our homemade dressings), mac and cheese, carved roast beef, and a glass of wine, beer, soda, or liquor for $4?

Regardless, let us make it up to you in a big way. Shoot us that message back and we hope your next Dockside experience will be memorable (in a positive way!).

Best Regards,
Juno Beach
“dockside will float your boat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I saw their advertisement for the early bird special for $12.95 and on Tuesdays and Thursdays you get 2 dinners for the price of one. (It sounded unbelievable) I had to telephone in advance to confirm that it was true and it was! Eight of us decided to try it as an experiment. Well, the results of this experiment were great. We started with Happy Hour at the bar. 2 for l until 7p.m. The bar area is a bit dated and the bartender was also our waiter, but he made the evening very pleasant. The good news is that they have a huge tiki porch on the lagoon in back of the restaurant. The ambiance was fantastic and after dark the lighting was romantic and intimate. The special menu is limited to 5 or 6 items, all of which were, believe or not, great. It starts with a large truly mixed salad with choice of 3 dressings. Most had the stuffed flounder or shrimp scampi and loved every bite. The dinners came with mashed sweet potatoes and ratatoile and the portions were really large. (especially for the price). Dessert was a small eclair, which was presented with a drizzle of chocolate sauce. I felt that they really tried very hard to please and What a Bargain! Our waiter was a pleasure throughout the meal although service was really slow and it took a long time for the check to arrive, but with the great atmosphere on the porch who cared!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jupiter, FL
“Average, at best.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Went with the wife and friends, enticed because they know I like "waterfront" dining. This is South Florida, where "waterfront" means on the beach or the Intracoastal - you know, big waves, and/or big boats going by? This place in on the water, but it is only a large lake off a small access canal - a mile inland - so don't go if you are wanting a true waterfront experience.

The food I will give an average rating, I thought the fish and chips was fresh, tasty and above average, but the wife hated her clam poor boy, too greasy and not at all tasty. To be fair, I took a bite and thought is was OK, but not good.

The real failure here is in the pricing and atmosphere - prices way too high, and although they have clearly tried to make this place have a fun atmosphere, it comes across as old and weary, starting with an uncomfortable walk through a cramped front end bar on the way to the dock out back, and as I already said, this is not true "dockside."

Not going back, too many places with great food and true "dockside" dining.

• Visited August 2012