This motel is like a flashback in the 1950s or 1960s. Not that I lived in those times, but the way they show those motels in the Hollywood movies.. Its decor (if that could be called a decor) probably has not been changed since the place was built. Dated carpets, dated chunky furniture, dated lamps. On a plus side, the motel is clean. Something to be aware of - since it has not been remodeled for a long time, anything can happen. Meaning, I woke up one morning from the sound of water dripping - someone above my room was taking a shower and the water started coming through the ceiling in my bathroom... Thank God they finsihed their shower within minutes and the water stopped dripping. Otherwise I might have been in trouble. The breakfast is served at the adjacent restaurant, which they call Russian, but it is actually Uzbek (the place is called Chaihana Oasis). So keep in mind - your breakfast will be served not the buffet type way they usually do at the hotels, but you will be seated at the table and waitress will come up to you to take your order. There is nothing wrong with that serving style, but... the owner of the restaurant must be quite greedy as when I came in, there was only one waitress and about 15-20 people waiting to be served. The girl was running around like mad, completely irritated. When I finally came up to her and asked if I could get some sugar and cream for my coffee she sort of exploded at me. Finally I was served breakfast after more than half an hour of waiting. So if you only have that many days in Miami, you might be better off eating your breakfast somewhere else close by (there are a few fast food places and diners nearby). Another thing to keep in mind - the receptionist mentioned to me on the phone before I arrived that there is a free shuttle at the motel that runs to South Beach. Mind you, the shuttle never runs. Or at least it never ran when I needed it. They would tell you at the reception "Oh, yes, the shuttle just left and the next one is not until two (or three?) hours later." What is the point of having a shuttle if it is never available?? So, I ended up taking regular bus 'S' to South Beach. It takes about 35 minutes to SoBe. The only good thing about this motel is its closeness to the beach - 2 minutes and you are by the ocean.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Travelodge Monaco/N Miami/Sunny Isles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Monaco/n Miami/Sunny Isles Hotel North Miami Beach
- Travelodge Sunny Isles Beach
- Travelodge North Miami Beach
- Travel Lodge North Miami Beach
- North Miami Beach Travelodge
- North Miami Beach Travel Lodge