“Not your ultimate romantic place...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Monaco/N Miami/Sunny Isles

You added Travelodge Monaco/N Miami/Sunny Isles to your Saves list
Travelodge Monaco/N Miami/Sunny Isles
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17501 Collins Avenue, North Area Sunny Isles, North Miami Beach, FL 33160   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Chicago
“Not your ultimate romantic place...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

This motel is like a flashback in the 1950s or 1960s. Not that I lived in those times, but the way they show those motels in the Hollywood movies.. Its decor (if that could be called a decor) probably has not been changed since the place was built. Dated carpets, dated chunky furniture, dated lamps. On a plus side, the motel is clean. Something to be aware of - since it has not been remodeled for a long time, anything can happen. Meaning, I woke up one morning from the sound of water dripping - someone above my room was taking a shower and the water started coming through the ceiling in my bathroom... Thank God they finsihed their shower within minutes and the water stopped dripping. Otherwise I might have been in trouble. The breakfast is served at the adjacent restaurant, which they call Russian, but it is actually Uzbek (the place is called Chaihana Oasis). So keep in mind - your breakfast will be served not the buffet type way they usually do at the hotels, but you will be seated at the table and waitress will come up to you to take your order. There is nothing wrong with that serving style, but... the owner of the restaurant must be quite greedy as when I came in, there was only one waitress and about 15-20 people waiting to be served. The girl was running around like mad, completely irritated. When I finally came up to her and asked if I could get some sugar and cream for my coffee she sort of exploded at me. Finally I was served breakfast after more than half an hour of waiting. So if you only have that many days in Miami, you might be better off eating your breakfast somewhere else close by (there are a few fast food places and diners nearby). Another thing to keep in mind - the receptionist mentioned to me on the phone before I arrived that there is a free shuttle at the motel that runs to South Beach. Mind you, the shuttle never runs. Or at least it never ran when I needed it. They would tell you at the reception "Oh, yes, the shuttle just left and the next one is not until two (or three?) hours later." What is the point of having a shuttle if it is never available?? So, I ended up taking regular bus 'S' to South Beach. It takes about 35 minutes to SoBe. The only good thing about this motel is its closeness to the beach - 2 minutes and you are by the ocean.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
manhattan ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

they advertised breakfast and when we got there we were told it was cancelled a month ago!! reservation was made in the summer... management was rude..... construction going on all day and were told if we did not like we could check out and stay at another hotel... and thank goodness we did.... big waste of time and money.... rooms were not clean, outdated, beds were too soft.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

we arrived from scotland in miami to hot humid weather just what i was wanting :) *scotland being cold most of the year* we were jet lagged got to the travel lodge monico costing us $60 from the airport in a yellow taxi, went in to some out of date looking furnature but were greeted by a nice old chubby lady, then we got shown to our room,an helped up the stairs with our luggage by the nice man. on entering the room it felt like some1 had left the heeting on but it was simply because there was no controlable aircon in the room. Once the man had left we looked about the room it was kinda old needs updating...an comeing all that way to a hard bed isnt realy what i wanted but hey iv slept on worce things lol, the safe didnt work in the room but like other people have said in reviews you can put some things in an office behind the main desk at reception, the safes behind there are not big in hight so cant fit video cameras in ect,but all the other stuff ,passports money, wallets ect fit fine.this cost $2 per night or $14 for the week and i think the room safes are made not working so thay can make money from people useing the one's behind the reception.
the hotel is well located 10mins on bus from Aventura mall and about 40mins the other way to south beach.plus the hotel's back door is right on sunny island beach with a bar down stairs. We got told about the FREE breakfast on our 4th day there but only used it 1nc as it smelld like curry an was kinna weird inside lol. we also went on the star island trip that the hotel can book for you but take some extra cash for doin so and you can book a trip to the bahamas there to, also if your wanting to go jetsking take advantage of the $15 vouchers on the stand next to the help desk awtough theys jetskez are on 45st wich is down in south beach about 30mins bus away.all all the hotel was not to bad and the locatio was great.

for short vid of hotel check out my vid link

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Manaus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

This hotel is a nightmare. I'm very surprised that Priceline is working with them. I booked for 3 days, but in 1 night me and my family decided to find another hotel.
The room is very old, very dirty, the towels and bed linens have stains and are dirty!!! It's unbelievable!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
East Greenwich, RI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

My wife, 2 year old son, and I stayed at the Monaco "Resort" with my parents for 1 night before our flight out of FLL. Glad it was only 1 night as there was some European family checking in for 5.
I'm not expecting the Ritz or anything for the price, but this was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at (and I've been to some dumps!). We had 2 rooms between us, there was no air conditioning in either. There was exposed wiring next to the front door. My toilet in my parents room began to leak from the bottom and my father went to the desk to tell them. The guy at the front desk was rude and had a bad attitude. They sent the maintenance man up with 2 towels to put around the toilet. My father went back down to the desk and they moved their room to an ocean front room. That room wasn't bad, a nice view, and decent air conditioning. We all ended up sleeping in that room with the A/C and were still charged for the 2 rooms that we didn't use for more than 20 minutes. Next door to us there was a loud party with music blaring that didn't end until after midnight. People were outside walking up and down the walkway screaming and yelling at 4AM. The pool had green stuff growing on the sides and at the bottom of the deep end, like pond scum. The "baby pool" looked like it was filled up in 1972 and hadn't been touched since then. The ice machine wasn't working. The website we booked through said there was wireless internet in the "public areas" of the hotel. The guy at the front desk pointed us across the street to Denny's for the internet.

The only good thing was the beach, it's really nice. There was a little restaurant with a free breakfast that wasn't bad, there was a nice Russian girl waiting the tables.

This place could be nice if they cleaned it up, a lot. If it were remodeled they'd have a pretty nice, old style hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

After 25 years, we'll say goodbye to the Monaco. When we arrived, the safe was not working. So much for storing our passports in a safe place. Oh yes, they said we could leave stuff in the office, but no, we weren't comfortable with that, after they lost our reservations, too. After swimming we noticed there were no towels. They said the dryers were broken and they were working on it. We only had to wait about an hour. Towels are not amenities. Oh yes, we were told there was free breakfast on our LAST day there! We had already eaten. The final straw, however, was the horrendous and constant LOUD NOISE all night. There were parties on our deck, right outside our room. In an adjacent room, they hosted about 30 people who apparently came for the night---toddlers screaming and running around, coolers, cooking, dancing and a loud stereo (with their door open) all night. We called security 2 nights in a row, but nothing changed. We realized that WE were the oddballs here. I would take an older hotel with no towels and workable safe for this gorgeous beachfront location, but when you are kept up ALL night during vacation, and it happens night after night, it's time to say goodbye to an era, and after 25 years, will not return.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

To start off with ,the parking at the hotelis terrible you pay $8 per day and have to leave the car keys at the front desk because they will block cars and might to move them. I was very dissapointed with the room . Beds are uncomfortable , tv does not work properly,air condition does'nt work, bathroom was very unpleasant , the tub feels like it would collapse when you stepped in it, and not enogh towels, maids was'nt very friendly, this "resort" does'nt have room service, and on top of that you have to pay a fee for "resort".[--] I will never recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Monaco/N Miami/Sunny Isles? Share your experiences!