“Needs TLC” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Monaco/N Miami/Sunny Isles

You added Travelodge Monaco/N Miami/Sunny Isles to your Saves list
Travelodge Monaco/N Miami/Sunny Isles
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17501 Collins Avenue, North Area Sunny Isles, North Miami Beach, FL 33160   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ontario, Canada
“Needs TLC”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Part of hotel facing the beach is not in use due to balcony falling down/apart...there was no bar or restaurant at the beach...no breakfast was offered or available. I cannot believe Travelodge keeps this place operating. I booked there expecting the Travelodge quality and service. I was very disappointed. I will no longer assume I can rely on the Travelodge name.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
East Palestine, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Worst experience ever!
We spent 2 nights at this "hotel" and here are the reasons it was a bad experience:
1.Hidden costs: there is construction going on next to the hotel, it is $20 cheaper to stay near the construction side then to stay "away" from it but you can still hear the construction! there is also $12 charge to park in front of the hotel. it is double parking per space so you will have to leave your keys at the front desk so they can move your car.

2: a lot of Room issues:
No room AC. the hotel decides at what temperature your room will be.
Mold growing on the caulking around bathtub and there was what sounded like water under the tub.
Toilet was running all day/night,
While in the shower, it was like someone was constantly flushing the toilet, water went from cold to scolding hot in seconds, which tells me there water system also sucks.
We had to ask for a TV remote, at first they acted like we didn't look for it, to top it all off we had to program it so it would work for the TV in our room.

They "offer" a continental breakfast. What they wont tell you is that every morning you have go to the front desk and ask for a "ticket" for the continental breakfast which only consists of coffee, toast and juice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pueblo, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Yep, it is an older property more of what the beach was like 30 years ago. The price is reasonable for the location and they are maintaining the property. The beach front rooms are closed, not sure if they were damaged by the construction next door. The pool and grounds are kept up with.
The rooms are older and need upgrading, but our rooms were clean and everything worked.
The staff is friendly and helpful. The guests we encountered seemed happy there.
My guess is this property won't be there very long as the real estate is too valuable and I'm sure someone is eyeing it to put another ugly 40 story high rise there. The beach is nice but those high-rises don't make it a place I want to go back to.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Gatineau, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We spent 3 nights at this hotel and came back home with a stiff neck for myself and a throat infection for my wife caused by a very old, dusty, noisy, air conditioning system. The system was running full blast 24 hrs a day with no control in the room. Carpet was so dirty that we could not walk bare feet in the room. To add to the story the very poor quality of the beds made our sleep very difficult. The restaurant inside the hotel was rather a greasy spoon... Although the pool was nice and clean outside and the access to the beach was very nice the very poor quality of the room made our stay there very disapointing. This hotel was built in the '50s and has hardly never been renovated... Just add the new highrise construction just beside and you end up with an accumulated state of frustation. We do not recommend this hotel. On top of all this we are very surprised that they are part of theTravelodge chain... Sylvain R

Room Tip: Are there good rooms there??
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I travel for work and I was familiar with the area which led to me booking a hotel at this horrific establishment. When I arrived the hotel seemed adequate. From there things went downhill. The guests next door to me argued relentlessly from everything to when is the right time to take a medication to gambling. The walls are paper thin and I heard everything. My sheets and towels had someone else's hair on them. The next morning I woke up and realized that there wasn't an iron or ironing board in the room. That was something you have to request. The next night I figured I would just suffer through, but I saw not one but TWO gigantic cockroaches. I went to the front desk and the only room that they could put me in was a room near all the construction. I discovered that there was no penalty to check out, but in my haste to gtfo of that awful place I left a shoe. I just called to see if they could send it to me and they said iI should arrange for someone to pick it up. I live 4 hours away and I don't have any family or friends that can "just pick it up." They have allegedly forwarded my request to the supervisor, but if my experience is any indication of how they treat their guests I wouldn't bet on it.

Room Tip: Run don't walk away from this establishment.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

What a lousy place...front desk staff was rude, not even a "welcome" or "thank you" upon departure,......the room was very plain, noisy, the A/C could not be regulated so the noise kept me up most of the night.....the beachfront section of the hotel is undergoing renovations, so it is closed, and so is one side of the hotel as it faces another construction site.....the hotel charges fees for anything else besides the room,.... To get a beach chair, I had to go back to the front desk and ask for help, as the attendant was nowhere to be found, then when I asked to place my beach chair under one of the palapas, (only three of them available) I was told I had to pay extra for them, as the only have 3.....(?) the breakfast was a joke..... I had stayed at this hotel many years ago (@20) and it was ok then, but now......will never stay here again,.....not even considering the hotel is right on the beach. Drive up to Hollywood and stay at the Hollywood Beachside Boutique.....well worth it.....

Room Tip: If this is your last choice. ask to see the room first if you can.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to Travelodge Monaco/N Miami/Sunny Isles? Share your experiences!