First I'll start with the good.
1. Great Front Desk Staff, I Encountered Two Males & One Female Agent
2. Clean Carpet
3. Walking Distance To Haulover Beach (nude beach)
4. Located In A Very Nice Area With Food & Shopping Within A Short Drive
5. Fresh Wall Paint
6. Shower Pressure & Water Temperature Good
The Bad: I take some responsibility from opting to spend the first two nights of a five night stay in a 3.5 star Hilton property, and then coming to a 2.0 hotel that was near the beach I visit
1. Parking Nightmare!!!!One Car Per Room, Really No Space To Turn Around Once You Are Parked Because The Parking Spaces All Slant In the Direction Of The Hotel And There Is No Way To Loop Around. You Literally Have To Back Out Into Traffice Blindly. Dont Think About Having A Guest, I Think If There Are 50 Rooms, There May Be 30-40 Parking Spaces????
2. The Cleaning Ladies Failed Twice. I Checked In Almost At The 3p Time, Then Came From The Beach After Dark When I Would Think Housekeeping Would Be Gone, And The Cleaning Lady Was Forcefully Trying To Come In And Bring The Bedspreads That Had Been Missing. My Room Was Cleaned, Four Used Towels Were Taken, And NONE Were Replaced, So I Had To Call Front Desk
3. The Room Just Wasnt Cosmetically Attractive And Looked Like It Had NEVER Been Updated. From Rust On The Door Chain To Dust On The Bathroom Vent (There Was No Switch To Turn On The Bathroom Vent On Either, Nor Did It Activate When The Light Was Turned On). The Hangers In The Closet Space Were Mismatch As If All Guest Just Leave Them And Hotel Doesnt Put Any. I Saw Tiny Black Bugs On The Dusty Baseboards, But They Were Not Bedbugs Or Roaches. I Did Not Feel I Would Store Food In The Room, Nor Would I Want To Eat There
4. The Bed Was Terrible, Well Both Of Them, The Fitted Sheet Was A Small Flat Sheet That Didnt Stay Put, And The Mattresses Both Had Sink Holes In the Middle, So No Matter Where I Laid, I'd Eventually Roll To The Middle (I Am Not A Big Guy, 5'11" 190lbs)
5. They Give You One Door Key, Its Not A Card, Its Literally A Key & You Pay A $20 Deposit For It, So No Speedy Checkout Because You Have To Go Return The Key
Bottom Line, If You Want To Walk To Haulover Nude Beach Or Something In The Vacinity, Plan To Spend Minimal Time In The Room, And You Dont Want To Have Guest Drive Over & Park, And Pretty Isnt Priority, You Can Stay Here For Affordability & Convenience Easily. I Have Stayed In Some Pretty Nice Two Star Updated Chain Hotels, But The Key Word Is Chain Hotel Which May Have The Budget Power To Have New Fridges, Locks, And Decor.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.