“HORRIBLE! DON'T STAY HERE!!! PLEASE!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Miami
Golden Glades Inn
16500 NW 2nd Avenue, North Miami, FL 33169 (Formerly Howard Johnson Hotel)   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in North Miami
Baltimore, Maryland
“HORRIBLE! DON'T STAY HERE!!! PLEASE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Where do I begin? Well, when we first arrived there were police cars everywhere! The room as a decent size along with the bathroom but the toilet overflowed constantly, we waited over an hour for the front desk to clean up the mess. I will say the staff at this hotel were VERY helpful and kind but the place is a dump! I'm not sure where those pictures came from but they certainly aren't from this hotel! As for the pool? Well if you wanted to swim in a swamp that looks like its made for alligators go right ahead! It was horriffic! It belonged on the set or a horror film. Please don't stay here! Big mistake!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

This hotel was absolutely horrible. Our room was filthy, frigerator filthy, bathroom filthy, balcony door wouldn't open, carpets were filthy. Do you see the pattern here. We tried to check in at noon, room wasn't ready, no big deal check in wasn't until 4pm. Tried to check in at 5 pm, room not ready was told it would only take 10 minutes to clean it... hmm.... Tub had hair and soap scum everywhere as did the floor. There were ants of some kind crawling all over the bedside table. Elevator and carpets in the hallway did not look like they were every vacuumed. Faucet and shower head in tub were not really connected right. Side door, which was supposed to be locked didn't even close right. The area in which the hotel was located was SCARY. I would have rather slept at the airport and actually considered it but I had a ten yr old with me and that wasn't possible. Phones in the whole hotel did not work, a line had been cut LAST WEEK. The restaurant was supposed to open at 4pm, at 5pm didn't look like anyone was around. I would not stay here again even if I was desperate.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — Filthy, Filthy, Filthy
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bethesda Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2007

I stayed at the Golden Glades for a conference in town, I enjoyed the stayed. When I checked in the front desk people were very friendly and helpful in giving me direction to the conference. The room was very nice, on the first floor, very quiet and clean. The next morning I had breakfast in their restaurant the food and service was good. I would recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Friendly staff, great rooms, very spacious
  • Disliked — I liked everything about this property
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
south florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2007

First off, we had a hard time finding the hotel and when I tried calling their number, I was greeted with an automated message telling me to press 0 for someone to help me and then I get disconnected. We were tired and just wanted to sleep. After several more attempts to reach someone, I finally talked someone who had no idea there was a problem with the phones and then proceeded to ask for directions. I was a bit perturbed with her attitude. The bedroom was pretty standard but the bathroom, specifically the shower/tub was dirty and our wake up call request didn't happen and we woke up late the next morning. And finally, the volume on the TV didn't work, we were stuck (couldn't get it higher or lower) with whatever volume there was when we turned on the TV. When I got an email from Hotels.com a while later asking for a review and told them of my experience, they responed with some hotel bucks, which took a bit of my bitterness away.

Stayed February 2007
las vegas,nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2006

The golden glades is a nice hotel when you want to close to it all.
I was only 15 minutes from the beach and about 30 minutes from airport. I went to visit my Grandmother who lives in miami and she met me there. I stayed in 1st floor close to the lobby since I have a walking condition. I heard other people complain about the hotel, but wanted to give a good review because it deserves it. The front desk clerks were very friendly and would always ask if I needed anything. The maids are friendly and would leave extra towels on the counter. The food in the restaurant was good. I would have dinner everynight there in the Bar section. The hotel is very nice , just needs more life to it.

• Liked — Accesibility
  • Disliked — needs so refurbish
  • Tips/Secrets — sightsee
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sarasota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2006

The name has changed so travelers beware. The new name is Golden Glades Inn and Conference Center. This was without a doubt the nastiest place I have ever seen. No one had EVER cleaned the room or the bathroom The "clean" towels were filthy, I requested a room change 3 different times and each time was refused. The staff could have cared less, the found the whole thing amusing. When we first entered the room, someone had used the commode and left it without flushing. WE were having a TV problem so I turned the TV, on a turntable, and found an assortment of pills etc under it. When they came to fix the TV they moved the bureau and you don't even want to know what that disclosed. Even the cheap price not worth is. Avoid this place at all costs.

• Liked — Getting out of there
  • Disliked — DIRT
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rockford IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2006

I stayed with my children, 9 and 10 before a cruise out of Port of Miami. It took and hour and a half from the airport to get to this hotel, and it was far from worth the drive. I paid in advance for that night and the night following our return, and I got my money back for the second night. Not only was the room filthy, there were holes in the walls, burns on the bedspreads, and the carpet was so bad that I wouldn't let my children take thier socks off. The pool area was crusted with bird feces, and there were things floating in the pool. This wasn't the worst of it! It was in a very bad neighborhood. I went to the car to retrieve something and was followed back to my room by two men. The surrounding area is full of DUI schools, tattoo shops, and adult book stores. We were not only in an unclean environment, but a dangerous one. Never, never, never stay here.

• Stayed March 2006

Been to Golden Glades Inn? Share your experiences!