“Great Time at Miami” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Miami
Golden Glades Inn
Save Saved
You added Golden Glades Inn to your Saves list
16500 NW 2nd Avenue, North Miami, FL 33169 (Formerly Howard Johnson Hotel)   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in North Miami
las vegas,nevada
“Great Time at Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2006

The golden glades is a nice hotel when you want to close to it all.
I was only 15 minutes from the beach and about 30 minutes from airport. I went to visit my Grandmother who lives in miami and she met me there. I stayed in 1st floor close to the lobby since I have a walking condition. I heard other people complain about the hotel, but wanted to give a good review because it deserves it. The front desk clerks were very friendly and would always ask if I needed anything. The maids are friendly and would leave extra towels on the counter. The food in the restaurant was good. I would have dinner everynight there in the Bar section. The hotel is very nice , just needs more life to it.

• Liked — Accesibility
  • Disliked — needs so refurbish
  • Tips/Secrets — sightsee
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sarasota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2006

The name has changed so travelers beware. The new name is Golden Glades Inn and Conference Center. This was without a doubt the nastiest place I have ever seen. No one had EVER cleaned the room or the bathroom The "clean" towels were filthy, I requested a room change 3 different times and each time was refused. The staff could have cared less, the found the whole thing amusing. When we first entered the room, someone had used the commode and left it without flushing. WE were having a TV problem so I turned the TV, on a turntable, and found an assortment of pills etc under it. When they came to fix the TV they moved the bureau and you don't even want to know what that disclosed. Even the cheap price not worth is. Avoid this place at all costs.

• Liked — Getting out of there
  • Disliked — DIRT
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these North Miami hotels

Rockford IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2006

I stayed with my children, 9 and 10 before a cruise out of Port of Miami. It took and hour and a half from the airport to get to this hotel, and it was far from worth the drive. I paid in advance for that night and the night following our return, and I got my money back for the second night. Not only was the room filthy, there were holes in the walls, burns on the bedspreads, and the carpet was so bad that I wouldn't let my children take thier socks off. The pool area was crusted with bird feces, and there were things floating in the pool. This wasn't the worst of it! It was in a very bad neighborhood. I went to the car to retrieve something and was followed back to my room by two men. The surrounding area is full of DUI schools, tattoo shops, and adult book stores. We were not only in an unclean environment, but a dangerous one. Never, never, never stay here.

• Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2006

Stayed here for one night before heading off to Orlando. Checked in around 6pm. Firstly trying to turn into the hotel is a nightmare, the entrance is just around the corner on a very busy street, and if you miss it, good luck trying to turn around and get to it again. Secondly the elevator stated that it had a capacity of 500lbs, realistically that could be around 4 people, not including any suitcases. The check in went quite fast, the area surrounding the hotel is dirty, dingy and scary. The element staying in the hotel is not any better. As the hotel is quite cheap it attracts a certain element.
The room itself was quite large, however the locks on the door didn't work, therefore we jammed all four suitcases against the door for protection. If you managed to open the glass doors to the balcony area, and dare to step out you will immediately feel unsafe as it felt like the balcony was going to collapse. The television did not work and we spoke with maintenance who sent someone up to fix it, evidentally the wires were blown and they needed to use another power plug. If you looked behind the cupboard you could see very dodgy wiring. The bed was rock hard and had various stains and cigarette burns, even though it stated "non smoking" room. The carpet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 20 years. You wouldn't have dared walk on it bare foot it felt that horrible. Most of the lights did not work and most of the light bulbs were falling out. The bathroom was disgusting, the bath tub had a yellow ring, there was only 2 towels provided and the towels would not even fit around a 2 year old. The towels, both of them, had stains. When we requested some more because of the stains we were told to come down and get them. I think they should have brought them up for the inconvenience. The car park did not look safe at all, and I found I constantly woke up to check on the car.
My husband and I woke early the next day as we couldn't wait to leave the place, only to find the elevator did not work, needless to say we then had to drag 4 suitcases down 4 flights of stairs. What fun that was!!! Because of the horrible stay, and disgusting lodging's we didn't even bother to stay and complain as we just wanted to leave. When we left and handed the keys in the hotel staff didn't even ask how the stay was, which I think attests to the fact that they don't care nor do they want to know how bad there hotel is.
I repeat, do not stay here under any circumstances it is not worth the trouble and it definitely requires some mojor overhaul, in fact the only thing that will save this hotel is to tear it down and rebuild it.

• Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2006

thishotel was very dirty ,dirty sheets,towels pillows was flat as a pancake the mattress had no box-spring everytime you sit on the bed part of the mattress would pop up >employees not friendly-had attitudes

Stayed January 2006
Boalsburg, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2006

This hotel is no longer affiliated with Howard Johnson. It is now called the Golden Glades Inn and Conference Center.

When we stayed in January 2006, there was absolutely no sign for this hotel. There was the skeleton of an old sign, which we presume may have been destroyed in a hurricane. In any case, the lack of signage made us and many other guests drive around in circles for a long time to find the place.

We reserved two rooms at this hotel for the night after the Orange Bowl. It was the second cheapest room that I could find at hotels.com, and it was the closest to Pro Player Stadium. The fact that it was cheap and close kept this experience from being terrible.

When we arrived an hour before the official check-in time, they told us to come back in an hour. We came back in an hour, to find ourselves in a line about ten people long. It took us an hour to get checked-in. I have never stood in a line so slow-moving. They only had one attendant at the check-in counter, and it was the most inefficient system I have ever seen. Everyone was anxious to get to the Orange Bowl, so the entire group was extremely cranky. It was a miserable experience.

After finally getting our room, we dropped off our luggage and got changed to go to the game. I saw a cleaning lady in the hallway, and I asked her for another clean towel because there was only one. I'm glad I looked at the towel before using it, as it was the nastiest towel I've ever seen.

The bathroom was dirty. The room smelled dingy. The neighborhood around the hotel was somewhat frightening.

Because we just needed a bed for a short night after the game, we weren't too concerned about much of this stuff. Again, it was cheap ($60) and close to the stadium, so it served our purpose. I'd never stay there under any other circumstances, though.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Golden Glades Inn? Share your experiences!