“Best Thai food I ever had” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Boston
“Best Thai food I ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

The flavors were wonderful. The service was great. It's a small place and maybe a little hard to find but worth it. I have eaten in many Thai places but never had food like this. Will be sure to go back when in the Miami area. Great people. Great food. What more do you want?

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

miami
“Hard to find but worth searching for mmmmm good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

Not fancy not big but this place has the absolutely best Thai food I've had in south Florida. Not expensive but fill of flavor charm and I'll be frequenting Ricky's since I'm in the neighborhood. Look for happy times on the corner of 123rd and 16th ave and park in the back. Well worth the search. Excellent Massaman curry. I had the shrimp And a house salad. Fresh hot and delicious

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami
“Casual, good Thai food - a nice change in Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Ricky Thai is a hole in the wall. Very small (intimate if I were marketing) - about 8-10 tables. It appears that the husband is the front of house guy and the wife cooks the meals. I've been here more than five times (including with my parents and mother-in-law). The food is consistently tasty. The first time I was here, it was VERY slow to get the food (that was months ago), and I gave them a pass because I was happy to have reasonably priced meals that have good tastes in the Miami area. The other times I have been, the delay from ordering to eating was very reasonable.
So, atmosphere isn't great -- just basic tables. The parking is behind, which isn't great since you have to walk through puddles in the Miami rain. So, if things aren't great, why do I go here? Ahhhh, good question young grasshopper. The price / food quality / flavor. Yes, I like to support the local mom & pop place, but if it isn't good, I'm not going back. This place is good. The flavors are nice and Thai, and they spice it to your request. Food is fresh -- I mean, the dishes are steaming when they arrive. Oh, and they are BYOB, so that cuts down on the price. I generally spend $35 including tax & tip for two people (shared appetizer, each with an entree) and take some leftovers home. I have no problem deciding that I don't want to cook and come here for dinner. Soup is very tasty! Spring rolls are nice and crunchy! Curry is smooth, flavorful, and packed with goodies. The jasmine rice is ... well, jasmine rice just rocks and they do it just fine. Their Pad Thai is a staple and really good, and their fried rice (I hadn't heard of Thai fried rice before) is actually really tasty and different from Chinese fried rice. Anyway, if you're looking for a casual place that has good food, try Ricky Thai. Not too many of you, because I don't want to have a line when I go.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hollywood, Florida
“Cozy and Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We went cause it came recommended by a friend but left as fans. This small place right in the middle of busy North Miami is quiet and comfortable, great for a low key dinner for two or hanging out with friends. The food was delicious and well prices. I loved the spices and favors. If you like a hot ( spicy) appetizer, I strongly suggest the Tarp.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Amazing Food, Amazing Service, Authentic Culture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

This is a smaller restaurant and if you are not looking for them specifically you will pass right by. But they are more than work the looking out for. The food was real Thai food! I ate here with my significant other who studied in Thailand many times and said everything we had was prepared the same. Great portions and very cheap. The family that runs it was so nice and so welcoming. Service was excellent and the food came out of the kitchen fast. If your looking for thai food anywhere in maimi come here!

• Visited February 2012