“Not bad for the price at all” 3 of 5 stars

Holidays Golden Glades Boutique Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   148 NW 167th St, North Miami, FL 33169   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in North Miami
Orlando, FL
“Not bad for the price at all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Listen, most hotels around MIA airport are $100+ a night just for a 2 star. This hotel wasn't bad at all for a 1 star. Clean room, clean beds, bathroom was clean and a decent size. The continental breakfast is minimal but dunkin donuts is right across the street. Our room faced I-95 so there was a little bit of noise. Hotels around MIA were out of our price range, and at $65 a night this wasn't a bad deal and it was only 12 miles north of the airport. If you're looking for a clean bed to sleep on for the night with no added luxuries it's worth a consideration. Some people have way to high expectations knowing darn well what kind of hotel they're booking. Depending on the price range of hotels on my next visit I will consider this again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side face I-95 and are a bit noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Santiago, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

When I booked this hotel I wasn't looking for a resort and you need to know that Miami Beach is expensive so don't pretend to pay a $50.00 room and get a 100 or $200 room because you wont. I arrived late at night and saw some nasty guys at the door that scare me. The parking was full so they have an adjacent parking lot crossing the street and I was forced to use that. I went to the mall during the day so I was with a few bags and no bell boy or security around.

I spend there the weekend and had a great stay. Asked for a non smoking room and they got me just what I asked. The room and the place smells but seems clean and it is surrounded to a lot of fast food places and close to Aventura Mall and 5 miles to Haulover & Miami Beach. Has free parking and free breakfast that consist of orange juice, milk, coffee, raisin bran, frosted flakes, bagels with cream cheese and jelly and some pastries. The hotel is old and dated but for sure it is clean, I was on the forth floor and the ice machine was removed they just left the pipes so need to go one floor down to get ice and did it in white socks and they were clean after that also no ice bucket on room need to use 2 plastic glasses to get the ice.

The hotel is well located, just off of I-95 so you can reach any point of Miami-Fort Lauderdale in a breeze and for a budget I will stay again if im traveling alone and need a place to crash, for the family vacation or with my wife I will choose something better. I paid about $50.00 per night it is not excellent but for Miami it is a good deal. Also the internet it is a joke.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Nadi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed one night. What reviewers say is all true. This is a really terrible hotel. Where to begin. I booked 48 hours in advance on hotels.com. I arrived round11pm to be told they had 'no record' of my booking...and they were full. Unfortunately I had not printed out my booking number and their 'free wi-fi in public areas' ie at the reception desk, did not work so i could not retrieve the confirmatory email on my tablet. I was peremptorily told to 'find somewhere else'. There appeared to be no nearby hotels. On my refusal to budge, a 'manager' emerged who, after wading through a bunch of paperwork, DID find my booking and decided to honor it. He told the previously unhelpful assistant to 'get a room'. Luckily for me but not obviously for them, some later arrivals would 'have to be turned away', he said. Then: only one working lift to get to a very smelly room with an ancient TV with no coffee- maker or refrigerator, an ironing board but no iron. I did not use the safe I was charged for. Then: poor breakfast (bagels and one cereal)...and again no wi-fi in any public area (I asked several guests. No-one had managed access). Generally staff indifferent at best. I was given wrong advice ('no nearby restaurants': there were 2 in walking distance; 'no Tri- rail service on Sundays': there was). Oh, yes, and the one ice machine that was declared to be working was still not! I often think some reviewers are picky and fastidious. Not so in this case. I spent a month in a large number of hotels across America: this is the unchallenged worst! Stay away even if desperate!!

Room Tip: Rooms in other hotels are better.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
San Diego, California, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This place was awful! If you're staying here, bring your patience and a sense of humor. (Most) of the staff was really rude and inept. We called to let them know we would be checking in late, we called about 6 times before someone answered - then they hung up on us. We called back and finally talked to someone that assured us everything would be ok, we asked him to double check our confirmation and they had us down for ONE room (we booked two), when we arrived the lady was very rude and told us she didn't have ANY reservation for us. Thank goodness we remembered the name of the person we talked to. Carpets are disgusting, dirty and had holes in it - I didn't even want to walk on it with my bare feet, the AC was so loud it was hard to sleep, and the hair dryer didn't work the first day. Their continental breakfast was horrible - I don't know what kind of milk they had for the cereal (powdered milk???), but it tasted bad. Go out to eat, you'll be better off.

We went to the pool and the hall was full of maid's carts, we could hardly squeeze by. The staff was standing right there and didn't even try to move them a bit so we could get through.

If you don't care about rude people, terrible customer service and lousy food, this place was cheap and the location was fine.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is old and very out of date. The ice machines were mostly broke and my room safe was broken and that is something they charge you extra for. The staff did not seem to understand customer service such as letting you on the elevator first or stepping out of the way. This is my last stay there ever. I made a bad pick as it was close to the stadium. I should have done more research.

• Stayed January 2013
Bangalore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had a very bad experience for our stay in Holidays Golden Blades Boutique Hotel.
We are not satisfy with the services of the hotel. The local of the hotel is not near the beach, beakfast is also ok

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

It was our first trip to Miami. Room was ok but bathroom was terrible..it was dirty and using tub was out of question. Only option was to take a shower. Front desk staff was rude and didn't even greet us and since the we reached early our rooms were not ready. So we had to wait for an hour to get our room. Breakfast was not much.We stayed there for one night and will never go back again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holidays Golden Glades Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!