“Sometimes you get what you pay for” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Miami

You added Rodeway Inn Miami to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Miami
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   148 NW 167th St, North Miami, FL 33169 (Formerly Holidays Golden Glades Boutique Hotel)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in North Miami
San Diego, California, USA
“Sometimes you get what you pay for”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This place was awful! If you're staying here, bring your patience and a sense of humor. (Most) of the staff was really rude and inept. We called to let them know we would be checking in late, we called about 6 times before someone answered - then they hung up on us. We called back and finally talked to someone that assured us everything would be ok, we asked him to double check our confirmation and they had us down for ONE room (we booked two), when we arrived the lady was very rude and told us she didn't have ANY reservation for us. Thank goodness we remembered the name of the person we talked to. Carpets are disgusting, dirty and had holes in it - I didn't even want to walk on it with my bare feet, the AC was so loud it was hard to sleep, and the hair dryer didn't work the first day. Their continental breakfast was horrible - I don't know what kind of milk they had for the cereal (powdered milk???), but it tasted bad. Go out to eat, you'll be better off.

We went to the pool and the hall was full of maid's carts, we could hardly squeeze by. The staff was standing right there and didn't even try to move them a bit so we could get through.

If you don't care about rude people, terrible customer service and lousy food, this place was cheap and the location was fine.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The hotel is old and very out of date. The ice machines were mostly broke and my room safe was broken and that is something they charge you extra for. The staff did not seem to understand customer service such as letting you on the elevator first or stepping out of the way. This is my last stay there ever. I made a bad pick as it was close to the stadium. I should have done more research.

• Stayed January 2013
Bangalore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had a very bad experience for our stay in Holidays Golden Blades Boutique Hotel.
We are not satisfy with the services of the hotel. The local of the hotel is not near the beach, beakfast is also ok

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

It was our first trip to Miami. Room was ok but bathroom was terrible..it was dirty and using tub was out of question. Only option was to take a shower. Front desk staff was rude and didn't even greet us and since the we reached early our rooms were not ready. So we had to wait for an hour to get our room. Breakfast was not much.We stayed there for one night and will never go back again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was able to check in quickly, the clerk was very polite and professional. The entry lobby is quite large and in nice condition, the smell is pleasant, seems of a grander era.. I had room 403, near the end of the corridor, with a view of the pool and spa ( nice large area I did not visit) and the highway in the distance, far enough away so you did not hear it. The room was decent, some old, some new, but clean and smell good. Bed was decent, had pillows that were OK. Came with room safe ( $2 charge but they did not charge me ) iron & board, blow dryer and simple toiletries. The common areas were nicely air conditioned, parking free and fairly safe looking on site. There is a gas/c-store next door for snacks/beer/simple food, many chinese restaurants close by also think I saw a Subway close. I booked the hotel thru the internet at a price (49) that was about the same as an open corridor low level chain, this was much better. The "breakfast" was coffee, bagel and some mini pastries. The internet did not work well in my room but worked fine in the lobby, not sure why. No ice maker on my floor, had to go to the 3rd floor floor, and no ice bucket in my room, but I travel with a mini cooler so not really a problem. It is a better choice when looking in the budget range.

Room Tip: I did have some low noise from the wall unit that cools the inside corridor so a more central room w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Key West, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for one night. It was basic but at $65 per night I wasn't expecting anything else. The breakfast is really poor! Also it is across the road from an emergency room so ambulance sirens could be heard for most of the night. However, it was clean and comfortable and suited our purposes. Therefore, if all you want is a cheap hotel with clean sheets, for one or two nights, then this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

My first day I arrived early. Admittedly, I did not call ahead but I did ask the front desk staff if it was at all possible to see if the room was available. They refused to even check to see if the room was rented. OK.

So I stayed in their lobby for hours relying on their free WiFi for work. The WiFi was spotty at best and the humidity in the lobby left my laptop's trackpad nearly unusable.

The room itself was ok. That was until the third morning when we discovered house cleaning either using or tracking in an unwrapped CONDOM. Disgusting! When the front desk was alerted, there was not so much as a discount offered for current or future stays and not a very sincere apology either.

The free continental breakfast consisted of a big bowl of fruit loops, stale mini-bagels, and coffee. YUM!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel. I only stayed here because it was last minute
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
#69 of 113 in Miami
3.5 of 5 stars 10 reviews
Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Miami-Airport
Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miami
Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel M...
#8 of 8 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.0 of 5 stars 797 reviews
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
New Yorker Boutique Hotel

Been to Rodeway Inn Miami? Share your experiences!