“I would stay again, kind of a lost time hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Holidays Golden Glades Boutique Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   148 NW 167th St, North Miami, FL 33169   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in North Miami
Las Vegas, Nevada
“I would stay again, kind of a lost time hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was able to check in quickly, the clerk was very polite and professional. The entry lobby is quite large and in nice condition, the smell is pleasant, seems of a grander era.. I had room 403, near the end of the corridor, with a view of the pool and spa ( nice large area I did not visit) and the highway in the distance, far enough away so you did not hear it. The room was decent, some old, some new, but clean and smell good. Bed was decent, had pillows that were OK. Came with room safe ( $2 charge but they did not charge me ) iron & board, blow dryer and simple toiletries. The common areas were nicely air conditioned, parking free and fairly safe looking on site. There is a gas/c-store next door for snacks/beer/simple food, many chinese restaurants close by also think I saw a Subway close. I booked the hotel thru the internet at a price (49) that was about the same as an open corridor low level chain, this was much better. The "breakfast" was coffee, bagel and some mini pastries. The internet did not work well in my room but worked fine in the lobby, not sure why. No ice maker on my floor, had to go to the 3rd floor floor, and no ice bucket in my room, but I travel with a mini cooler so not really a problem. It is a better choice when looking in the budget range.

Room Tip: I did have some low noise from the wall unit that cools the inside corridor so a more central room w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Key West, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for one night. It was basic but at $65 per night I wasn't expecting anything else. The breakfast is really poor! Also it is across the road from an emergency room so ambulance sirens could be heard for most of the night. However, it was clean and comfortable and suited our purposes. Therefore, if all you want is a cheap hotel with clean sheets, for one or two nights, then this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

My first day I arrived early. Admittedly, I did not call ahead but I did ask the front desk staff if it was at all possible to see if the room was available. They refused to even check to see if the room was rented. OK.

So I stayed in their lobby for hours relying on their free WiFi for work. The WiFi was spotty at best and the humidity in the lobby left my laptop's trackpad nearly unusable.

The room itself was ok. That was until the third morning when we discovered house cleaning either using or tracking in an unwrapped CONDOM. Disgusting! When the front desk was alerted, there was not so much as a discount offered for current or future stays and not a very sincere apology either.

The free continental breakfast consisted of a big bowl of fruit loops, stale mini-bagels, and coffee. YUM!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel. I only stayed here because it was last minute
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Crieff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

To start, im not going to bash the location because it's the "Ghetto" it's not. The reason location was a downside was because we spent $30 taxi to get downtown, or $40 to South Beach, and we did this everyday. You could spend $2 to get Downtown on the bus, but it was more than an hour and a half. The amount we spent on travel was enough for us to check out early, but thats all. The room was well kept and clean, this was our first time in America( for Wrestlemania ! ) so adding tax on after everything was surprising but oh well. TV was old but worked fine, plenty of channel's. Shower was awesome, hairdryer was a bit tempremental and Air Con was a tad loud. Our room (228) was at the corner of the building next to a busy road, which woke us up in the mornings due to people feeling the need to honk their horns, as well as the busy hospital over the road.

There is a 7/11 and a gas station on either side, so snacks and drinks are no problem to get, as well has all your Fast Food chains a short walk down the road, we never used the pool, or seen anyone in it for that matter.

Breakfast was poor, bagels and cereal. We were never around at tea-time so no comment, there was a young guy on reception who went over and above(and working in a hotel myself, this is appreciated) he phoned us taxi's when we needed, and on one day when a taxi wasn't available, he phoned his friend to give us a lift! It was excellent service.

My last niggle is the music in the lobby, please change it, I felt as if i was in a psych ward!

As mentioned earlier, we checked out early due to distance from where we wanted to be costing us a bomb.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I have stay at worst but have stay at better it was not a 150 a night motel but I paid it for the closest to were i was going, only two friendly staff memeber I meet was one of the house keeping crew but she was very limited on her english and the security guard was friendly and helpful. When to front desk and ask for change of a 10 dollar bill so I could get a soda and was told no. I only found one working ice machine and it was on floor 3 and my room was on floor 7 no internet in the room but thank God I have a smart phone. This place is good for someone that does not want to be around anything to do and wants just to have a place to sleep

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Otherwise simply big, ugly and everything negative written by those who came before me and found it lacking in so many respects. Once perhaps, twenty years ago, it might have been grand, gorgeous and fun. Now it's beat up, neglected, tatty, and to be avoided. The water feature out front last functioned when Ponce de Leone stayed here. The pool is "closed for repairs" and appears to have been in that condition since 1958. Lobby? Huge, empty, dismal. Check-in was probably more pleasant at Bergen-Belsen back in the day. Curiously several of the employees spoke French. Curiously none were terribly friendly. Room's rack rate was $301 but I paid only $101 with tax for another $29.99 room. Yes, they will ding you $2.00 for a safe you may or may not use and then another $50.00 refundable deposit one hopes to see again on check-out. Which can't be soon enough. Breakfast? As described elsewhere bu t the coffee was good and hot. Juices cold and refreshing. Neither makes staying at "Holidays" worth while. Go elsewhere. Anywhere else.

Room Tip: #300 was quiet at the end of a hallway but chances of the "help" granting a specific room...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Otherwise simply big, ugly and everything negative written by those who came before me and found it lacking in so many respects. Once perhaps, twenty years ago, it might have been grand, gorgeous and fun. Now it's beat up, neglected, tatty, and to be avoided. The water feature out front last functioned when Ponce de Leone stayed here. The pool is "closed for repairs" and appears to have been in that condition since 1958. Lobby? Huge, empty, dismal. Check-in was probably more pleasant at Bergen-Belsen back in the day. Curiously several of the employees spoke French. Curiously none were terribly friendly. Room's rack rate was $301 but I paid only $101 with tax for another $29.99 room. Yes, they will ding you $2.00 for a safe you may or may not use and then another $50.00 refundable deposit one hopes to see again on check-out. Which can't be soon enough. Breakfast? As described elsewhere bu the coffee was good and hot. Juices cold and refreshing. Neither makes staying at "Holidays" worth while. Go elsewhere. Anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holidays Golden Glades Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!