“Location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in North Miami
Crieff
“Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

To start, im not going to bash the location because it's the "Ghetto" it's not. The reason location was a downside was because we spent $30 taxi to get downtown, or $40 to South Beach, and we did this everyday. You could spend $2 to get Downtown on the bus, but it was more than an hour and a half. The amount we spent on travel was enough for us to check out early, but thats all. The room was well kept and clean, this was our first time in America( for Wrestlemania ! ) so adding tax on after everything was surprising but oh well. TV was old but worked fine, plenty of channel's. Shower was awesome, hairdryer was a bit tempremental and Air Con was a tad loud. Our room (228) was at the corner of the building next to a busy road, which woke us up in the mornings due to people feeling the need to honk their horns, as well as the busy hospital over the road.

There is a 7/11 and a gas station on either side, so snacks and drinks are no problem to get, as well has all your Fast Food chains a short walk down the road, we never used the pool, or seen anyone in it for that matter.

Breakfast was poor, bagels and cereal. We were never around at tea-time so no comment, there was a young guy on reception who went over and above(and working in a hotel myself, this is appreciated) he phoned us taxi's when we needed, and on one day when a taxi wasn't available, he phoned his friend to give us a lift! It was excellent service.

My last niggle is the music in the lobby, please change it, I felt as if i was in a psych ward!

As mentioned earlier, we checked out early due to distance from where we wanted to be costing us a bomb.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I have stay at worst but have stay at better it was not a 150 a night motel but I paid it for the closest to were i was going, only two friendly staff memeber I meet was one of the house keeping crew but she was very limited on her english and the security guard was friendly and helpful. When to front desk and ask for change of a 10 dollar bill so I could get a soda and was told no. I only found one working ice machine and it was on floor 3 and my room was on floor 7 no internet in the room but thank God I have a smart phone. This place is good for someone that does not want to be around anything to do and wants just to have a place to sleep

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these North Miami hotels

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Otherwise simply big, ugly and everything negative written by those who came before me and found it lacking in so many respects. Once perhaps, twenty years ago, it might have been grand, gorgeous and fun. Now it's beat up, neglected, tatty, and to be avoided. The water feature out front last functioned when Ponce de Leone stayed here. The pool is "closed for repairs" and appears to have been in that condition since 1958. Lobby? Huge, empty, dismal. Check-in was probably more pleasant at Bergen-Belsen back in the day. Curiously several of the employees spoke French. Curiously none were terribly friendly. Room's rack rate was $301 but I paid only $101 with tax for another $29.99 room. Yes, they will ding you $2.00 for a safe you may or may not use and then another $50.00 refundable deposit one hopes to see again on check-out. Which can't be soon enough. Breakfast? As described elsewhere bu t the coffee was good and hot. Juices cold and refreshing. Neither makes staying at "Holidays" worth while. Go elsewhere. Anywhere else.

Room Tip: #300 was quiet at the end of a hallway but chances of the "help" granting a specific room...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Otherwise simply big, ugly and everything negative written by those who came before me and found it lacking in so many respects. Once perhaps, twenty years ago, it might have been grand, gorgeous and fun. Now it's beat up, neglected, tatty, and to be avoided. The water feature out front last functioned when Ponce de Leone stayed here. The pool is "closed for repairs" and appears to have been in that condition since 1958. Lobby? Huge, empty, dismal. Check-in was probably more pleasant at Bergen-Belsen back in the day. Curiously several of the employees spoke French. Curiously none were terribly friendly. Room's rack rate was $301 but I paid only $101 with tax for another $29.99 room. Yes, they will ding you $2.00 for a safe you may or may not use and then another $50.00 refundable deposit one hopes to see again on check-out. Which can't be soon enough. Breakfast? As described elsewhere bu the coffee was good and hot. Juices cold and refreshing. Neither makes staying at "Holidays" worth while. Go elsewhere. Anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Bonaire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a good stay at this hotel. We only needed a bed, wich was clean, and shower, wich was clean. We had a room at the 4th floor, no noise of any traffic, clean towels and sheets every day. So, no complains about that. The only thing you don't have to try is breakfast. You can get some coffee, tea or orange juice, a bagel with cream cheese, cereals with milk of cinnamon rolls. We tried it ones, but never did it again. The staff was very friendly and helpful. You get what you pay for. For this price you cannot expect more than a clean room and bathroom and towels.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

The hotel employs the most incompetent people i have ever seen.The rooms are very dirty.I was given a dirty room that was not cleaned and when i complained,they said they were overbooked and i should wait for someone to change the sheets!! Really?
The door locks are unreliable.My friend was locked out of his room and ended up missing his flight the next morning.The front desk guys are a joke.Especially,a gay guy named Andi and the another black guy with dread locks.They make fun of their guests.I saw it with my own eyes.Never take your family here ever.The manager doesn't care about the place and is always unavailable if you ask for her.I would never recommend this Hotel to anyone ever.STAY AWAY FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY AND HEALTH!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Anchorage
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

So, we booked this hotel through a third party booking source and requested a non-smoking room. This was guaranteed through our source, but the hotel did not want to hold up their end of the bargain. When we asked if they had anything available in a non-smoking room, they said, "Nope, we are all full for tonight and if you want to know about the other two nights you are staying with us, please call back each morning." Suffering from severe allergies and asthma, this was not going to work out for me and my fiance as I would wake up with my eyes and throat swollen shut. We called the third party billing source and asked if they would cancel our reservation with the hotel and reserve another room elsewhere due to the smoke. The source said yes, but they called us back and said the hotel was unwilling to not charge us for the room we had only used as a place to sit in order to make all these phone calls. Eventually, I called the front desk and asked for the customer service or front end manager. Having worked in a hotel, I knew the hotel had fallen short on their reservations and that is why we were placed in a smoking room. She eventually was able to move us to a room that mysteriously became available all of a sudden. I know all she had to do was rearrange a few things that should have already been taken care of before we arrived. My fiance and I appreciated this very much.

Now for the cleanliness...It left much to be desired. There were stains all over in the hallways and both of the rooms we saw. There were stains in the bedding and the furniture in the room. The lobby appeared decent, but it had some kind of tiled flooring and nothing that was upholstered. The staff was not super rude, but not super cooperative either.

The continental breakfast left much to be desired as well. I couldn't eat there two out of three mornings after experiencing it the first morning we stayed.

My recommendation, if you can stay somewhere else, do. If you can't afford much else, pretend that you are camping because if not, it might gross you out.

Room Tip: I would specify non-smoking as much good as it will do you, but even for someone who smokes, I imagi...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holidays Golden Glades Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!