“A quiet place” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in North Miami
Denver, Colorado
“A quiet place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Otherwise simply big, ugly and everything negative written by those who came before me and found it lacking in so many respects. Once perhaps, twenty years ago, it might have been grand, gorgeous and fun. Now it's beat up, neglected, tatty, and to be avoided. The water feature out front last functioned when Ponce de Leone stayed here. The pool is "closed for repairs" and appears to have been in that condition since 1958. Lobby? Huge, empty, dismal. Check-in was probably more pleasant at Bergen-Belsen back in the day. Curiously several of the employees spoke French. Curiously none were terribly friendly. Room's rack rate was $301 but I paid only $101 with tax for another $29.99 room. Yes, they will ding you $2.00 for a safe you may or may not use and then another $50.00 refundable deposit one hopes to see again on check-out. Which can't be soon enough. Breakfast? As described elsewhere bu t the coffee was good and hot. Juices cold and refreshing. Neither makes staying at "Holidays" worth while. Go elsewhere. Anywhere else.

Room Tip: #300 was quiet at the end of a hallway but chances of the "help" granting a specific room...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Otherwise simply big, ugly and everything negative written by those who came before me and found it lacking in so many respects. Once perhaps, twenty years ago, it might have been grand, gorgeous and fun. Now it's beat up, neglected, tatty, and to be avoided. The water feature out front last functioned when Ponce de Leone stayed here. The pool is "closed for repairs" and appears to have been in that condition since 1958. Lobby? Huge, empty, dismal. Check-in was probably more pleasant at Bergen-Belsen back in the day. Curiously several of the employees spoke French. Curiously none were terribly friendly. Room's rack rate was $301 but I paid only $101 with tax for another $29.99 room. Yes, they will ding you $2.00 for a safe you may or may not use and then another $50.00 refundable deposit one hopes to see again on check-out. Which can't be soon enough. Breakfast? As described elsewhere bu the coffee was good and hot. Juices cold and refreshing. Neither makes staying at "Holidays" worth while. Go elsewhere. Anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Bonaire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a good stay at this hotel. We only needed a bed, wich was clean, and shower, wich was clean. We had a room at the 4th floor, no noise of any traffic, clean towels and sheets every day. So, no complains about that. The only thing you don't have to try is breakfast. You can get some coffee, tea or orange juice, a bagel with cream cheese, cereals with milk of cinnamon rolls. We tried it ones, but never did it again. The staff was very friendly and helpful. You get what you pay for. For this price you cannot expect more than a clean room and bathroom and towels.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

The hotel employs the most incompetent people i have ever seen.The rooms are very dirty.I was given a dirty room that was not cleaned and when i complained,they said they were overbooked and i should wait for someone to change the sheets!! Really?
The door locks are unreliable.My friend was locked out of his room and ended up missing his flight the next morning.The front desk guys are a joke.Especially,a gay guy named Andi and the another black guy with dread locks.They make fun of their guests.I saw it with my own eyes.Never take your family here ever.The manager doesn't care about the place and is always unavailable if you ask for her.I would never recommend this Hotel to anyone ever.STAY AWAY FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY AND HEALTH!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Anchorage
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

So, we booked this hotel through a third party booking source and requested a non-smoking room. This was guaranteed through our source, but the hotel did not want to hold up their end of the bargain. When we asked if they had anything available in a non-smoking room, they said, "Nope, we are all full for tonight and if you want to know about the other two nights you are staying with us, please call back each morning." Suffering from severe allergies and asthma, this was not going to work out for me and my fiance as I would wake up with my eyes and throat swollen shut. We called the third party billing source and asked if they would cancel our reservation with the hotel and reserve another room elsewhere due to the smoke. The source said yes, but they called us back and said the hotel was unwilling to not charge us for the room we had only used as a place to sit in order to make all these phone calls. Eventually, I called the front desk and asked for the customer service or front end manager. Having worked in a hotel, I knew the hotel had fallen short on their reservations and that is why we were placed in a smoking room. She eventually was able to move us to a room that mysteriously became available all of a sudden. I know all she had to do was rearrange a few things that should have already been taken care of before we arrived. My fiance and I appreciated this very much.

Now for the cleanliness...It left much to be desired. There were stains all over in the hallways and both of the rooms we saw. There were stains in the bedding and the furniture in the room. The lobby appeared decent, but it had some kind of tiled flooring and nothing that was upholstered. The staff was not super rude, but not super cooperative either.

The continental breakfast left much to be desired as well. I couldn't eat there two out of three mornings after experiencing it the first morning we stayed.

My recommendation, if you can stay somewhere else, do. If you can't afford much else, pretend that you are camping because if not, it might gross you out.

Room Tip: I would specify non-smoking as much good as it will do you, but even for someone who smokes, I imagi...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton Head, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

The place was in a weird part of town and the check in desk was a little unusual. They had a $50 charge for "damages" which was refunded the next day. The free breakfast was rolls, cereal and coffee.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I have read all these reviews about this hotel, about how bad it is. just negative information, but what do you expect for a hotel that $60 bucks come on , if you all want the Ritz pay the prices and stop whinning complaining. I stayed here 2 years ago , and I stayed here just last night. The lobby is very nice, the staff is nice if you treat them right, and the 7 story rooms of the hotel is not bad. Again I paid $60 plus tax what are you expecting to get in Miami for this price? This hotel should be charging more money in my opinion. The neighborhood isnt that bad, yes its close to gas station and 711 which makes getting forgotten items handy or getting water or any drinks. And another plus they have a decent breakfast included in the price, and wi fi in the hotel lobby. I think this is a excellent hotel for the price. I would definately recommend this hotel to everyone, but to those of you who are anal and will complain and have problems with everything maybe you should not be traveling in the first place save up and go spend $500 a night at the Ritz.

Room Tip: I would suggest you get the rooms away from the freeway so there will be less noise and on the highe...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holidays Golden Glades Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!