“Good price and clean.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in North Miami
Bonaire
“Good price and clean.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a good stay at this hotel. We only needed a bed, wich was clean, and shower, wich was clean. We had a room at the 4th floor, no noise of any traffic, clean towels and sheets every day. So, no complains about that. The only thing you don't have to try is breakfast. You can get some coffee, tea or orange juice, a bagel with cream cheese, cereals with milk of cinnamon rolls. We tried it ones, but never did it again. The staff was very friendly and helpful. You get what you pay for. For this price you cannot expect more than a clean room and bathroom and towels.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

The hotel employs the most incompetent people i have ever seen.The rooms are very dirty.I was given a dirty room that was not cleaned and when i complained,they said they were overbooked and i should wait for someone to change the sheets!! Really?
The door locks are unreliable.My friend was locked out of his room and ended up missing his flight the next morning.The front desk guys are a joke.Especially,a gay guy named Andi and the another black guy with dread locks.They make fun of their guests.I saw it with my own eyes.Never take your family here ever.The manager doesn't care about the place and is always unavailable if you ask for her.I would never recommend this Hotel to anyone ever.STAY AWAY FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY AND HEALTH!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Anchorage
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

So, we booked this hotel through a third party booking source and requested a non-smoking room. This was guaranteed through our source, but the hotel did not want to hold up their end of the bargain. When we asked if they had anything available in a non-smoking room, they said, "Nope, we are all full for tonight and if you want to know about the other two nights you are staying with us, please call back each morning." Suffering from severe allergies and asthma, this was not going to work out for me and my fiance as I would wake up with my eyes and throat swollen shut. We called the third party billing source and asked if they would cancel our reservation with the hotel and reserve another room elsewhere due to the smoke. The source said yes, but they called us back and said the hotel was unwilling to not charge us for the room we had only used as a place to sit in order to make all these phone calls. Eventually, I called the front desk and asked for the customer service or front end manager. Having worked in a hotel, I knew the hotel had fallen short on their reservations and that is why we were placed in a smoking room. She eventually was able to move us to a room that mysteriously became available all of a sudden. I know all she had to do was rearrange a few things that should have already been taken care of before we arrived. My fiance and I appreciated this very much.

Now for the cleanliness...It left much to be desired. There were stains all over in the hallways and both of the rooms we saw. There were stains in the bedding and the furniture in the room. The lobby appeared decent, but it had some kind of tiled flooring and nothing that was upholstered. The staff was not super rude, but not super cooperative either.

The continental breakfast left much to be desired as well. I couldn't eat there two out of three mornings after experiencing it the first morning we stayed.

My recommendation, if you can stay somewhere else, do. If you can't afford much else, pretend that you are camping because if not, it might gross you out.

Room Tip: I would specify non-smoking as much good as it will do you, but even for someone who smokes, I imagi...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton Head, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

The place was in a weird part of town and the check in desk was a little unusual. They had a $50 charge for "damages" which was refunded the next day. The free breakfast was rolls, cereal and coffee.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I have read all these reviews about this hotel, about how bad it is. just negative information, but what do you expect for a hotel that $60 bucks come on , if you all want the Ritz pay the prices and stop whinning complaining. I stayed here 2 years ago , and I stayed here just last night. The lobby is very nice, the staff is nice if you treat them right, and the 7 story rooms of the hotel is not bad. Again I paid $60 plus tax what are you expecting to get in Miami for this price? This hotel should be charging more money in my opinion. The neighborhood isnt that bad, yes its close to gas station and 711 which makes getting forgotten items handy or getting water or any drinks. And another plus they have a decent breakfast included in the price, and wi fi in the hotel lobby. I think this is a excellent hotel for the price. I would definately recommend this hotel to everyone, but to those of you who are anal and will complain and have problems with everything maybe you should not be traveling in the first place save up and go spend $500 a night at the Ritz.

Room Tip: I would suggest you get the rooms away from the freeway so there will be less noise and on the highe...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Miami Lakes, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Calling this place "Boutique Hotel" is quite a fraud. The place is only a "hotel", 1 1/2 star at most.

Breakfast is just terrible - the breakfast cereals was placed on a bowl and covered with a linen - no signs of higyene. Selection of bread is limited to donuts only. The A/C in the breakfast area was off, and the place was quite hot even at 8 AM.

The fraud doesn't stop at the hotel name: they scam you charging US$ 2/night (plus tax) for the safe storage in your room. This is not an insurance, it is a fee if your safe needs to be opened by the technician. I tried to spoke about this fee with the manager (Caroline), but she refused to refund the fee because it was not intended for the usage of the safe, but to call the technician if you can't reopen. And they will charge you even if you are able to open the safe by yourself.

This hotel is located near the airport. This means the hotel is in a NOT SO PLEASANT area. It is safe as long as you are inside your room, door bolted up. I was afraid even to go to the breakfast room and leave my belongings in the room.

I really didn't enjoy my stay at this hotel and I hope never to return - specially because of the US$ 2 fee for the safe.

Room Tip: Tip to choose a good room: Choose ANOTHER hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
St. Pete, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

I had a reservation that I had at A Best Western in the area in order to be near my neighbors who had reservations at this hotel,but were sharing a ride with me. A bit pricey for what they offer. My room had no security lock, it had been removed. WI FI that was advertised did not work . No remotes in room for old zenith TV. Desk chair was broken. My room had the noisiest AC in North America. We had reservations for two nights but upon return to the hotel after attending a funeral, the keys would not work. They had only programmed the keys for one day..So we had to go to the desk get new keys and wait for someone to let us in and redo the door settings.First time ever having a room with no facial tissue. AC unit could not be controlled, you had HI or Low or OFF no temp settings possible. Ice Machine had been removed plus drink machine was out of order but no sign posted.. I can say ALL the staff was very friendly. I don't know how long the pool has been closed, but it looked like longer than 2 months. Don't stay at this hotel. It used to be a holiday inn years back and decent. with a restaurant etc.

Room Tip: go to another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Holidays Golden Glades Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!