“Weighing Machine or Scale” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12210 Biscayne Boulevard, Bal Harbour Area, North Miami, FL 33181-2714   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in North Miami
Nassau, Bahamas
“Weighing Machine or Scale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I will always stay at your hotels again and again. Just the name attracts my attention. I don't have a comment, I have a suggestion. My suggestion is, I think your chain of hotels should put in place a small WEIGHING MACHINE OR SCALE for a small fee, so that shopping guest like myself and others from out of the town and country can weigh our bags and luggage s, before checking out and getting to the airport to find out that they are over weight. Finding this out and having to reopen, remove and reorganize before checking in, mostly the cause for getting to our departure gate late or missing a flight. It can be a little help for your hotel and a little time consuming for happy guest of yours. Could you consider my suggestion please? Thank you kindly

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

B W, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and
service during your recent stay at our Hotel. We certainly enjoyed having you with us.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus Windsor Inn the next time you are in North Miami. We look forward to your return.

292 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very good hotel for a moderate budget stay. The staff is very helpful and polite. Clean rooms. Free internet and parking. It has a pool and an exercise room too. Several shops nearby. Great place to stay to go shopping because it has easy access to malls. Cons: it doesn't have a safe box in the room; during my 8 days stay the elevators didn't work three times, and I had to go to my room on the fifth floor using the stairs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

A good choice for a budget oriented traveler, The staff is above average and the place is clean. Internet works well and it is free of charge.
Parking is also free and it is huge. I did not use the pool but it looked pretty nice too.
There are several shops and restaurants arround the hotel, within walking distance. It is close to everything, yet pretty quite.
I ate at the pizza place across the street, recommended by the desk person and it was very good.
I was very pleased with my stay and would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013

Minerva, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We booked online, rather far from port but location was ok. room was nice except the mattresses were horrible!!!! I mean lumpy, not a good nights rest. The guy who checked us in early was great, ordered room service, long wait but food was great.

• Stayed February 2013

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I'm not going to rant. I will make this very simple...no safe in room and personal belongings were stollen by hotel staff including iPhone and beats headphones. I left the room for a few hours without these items intentionally (which were not a set). See, the phone was a work phone (I should have taken them both with me) and headphones were my sons. The hotel staff including cleaning personal and management tried to convince me I misplaced it somewhere. Really, I'm a very organized And clean person. As a matter of fact I always make my own bed at hotels. I can't stand leaving the room without the bed made. Pet peeves. Back to the story..
No security cameras in hallway and they checked to see how many times the card was swiped that day. Get this 2 times both one minute apart...funny because I was back and forth from the pool area 4 times that day within two hrs before noticing the stuff was missing. I ended up filing a police report but nothing they can do really since there is no proof. It was 1:30pm when I came back from an event and noticed cleaning staff didn't clean my room yet they were in our hallway..I noticed garbage dumped out on the floor. I overlooked it thinking I or one of the kids knocked it over.
Before checking out of our room the next day. We tried to find management staff to compensate us for our troubles but after calling and stopping down at the front desk for over 6 hrs. Management could not be located. Huhhh interesting because we saw the same guy in the parking lot when we pulled in..he took off in the hotel.
To top it off the next morning, i was in my room around 8am...houskeeping was getting ready to clean my room...humm but at 1;30pm the previous day they didnt clean it yet? Yeah right...i strongly believe management and cleaning personal are targeting families, taking items (just a few) and trying to convince people they misplaced things on their travels..i would have believed it myself if it hadn't been my work phone...
Never again will I stay at a best western. Do not pay the price of this room. Ohhh I had a no smoking room and the hallway of my room reeked of smoke. It was disgusting. This experience made me hate Miami in the worst way. Never again!!

• Stayed February 2013
B W, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are terrible sorry for your loss, we understand how frustrating it can be to lose an item of such importance. It is unfair however, to blame on any member of our staff.

We have shared with you the report of your door lock reading , it clearly shows no one else has keyed your room door other than yourself or members of your party. That said no one from our staff has been to your room, and as you know the room was not cleaned yet.

It is our understanding you had stomach issues and made few trips, from the pool into your room, the report did not show you entered the room that many times, it leads us to believe you may have left the door unlocked.

Again, we are very sorry, and we truly hope you will find your lost item.

Best Regards,
Hartsdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed at the Best Western Plus for 3 days, great location and great staff , specially the manager Pete which was very help full, the place is clean the internet is fast, close to everywhere,I wouls stay there again, be sure to ask for Pete

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
B W, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2013

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to stay in the North Miami area to make my trip more affordable yet be in a central location between Fort Lauderdale and South Miami so I could travel to see all the different sights. I was also traveling alone so I wanted to feel safe. The people at the front desk were so friendly and helpful it was nice. My room was clean, had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker which was convenient and I liked having them if I wanted a late night snack. I used the pool area and gym and everything was always clean. I usually left in the early mornings to go sight seeing but sometimes stayed in my room while it was being cleaned. The cleaning staff were so nice to me and if I wanted for extra towels, etc they were happy to accommodate me. I had a rental car but everything you might need was within walking distance including a pharmacy, groceries, liquor, fast food, department stores, etc. I ate at the cafe located in the front of the hotel a couple of times. The woman running the cafe cooked a steak dinner one night for me. It was one if the best tasting steaks I have eaten, everything was made fresh, and I was made to feel very comfortable while dining alone. I stayed at the hotel for 10 days. I would go back there in a heartbeat. I recommend this hotel highly. DTK

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn? Share your experiences!