“Love this hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12210 Biscayne Boulevard, Bal Harbour Area, North Miami, FL 33181-2714   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in North Miami
Toronto, Canada
“Love this hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

It was my first time in Miami and people warned me about being in North Miami because of the crime and whatnot so I was kind of nervous when arriving at the hotel. I was pleased to see that throughout the week I was there, there were no problems at all in the area. Pete checked us in and was very friendly. Our room was a great size and although we didnt have a balcony in our room we had a screen door that we could open if we wanted to get fresh air at night.

This hotel is about 20 minutes from anywhere you want to go. It took us about 25mins to get to South Beach in rush hour.

One thing I recommend doing is getting breakfast room service! The breakfast was AMAZING and it beats the prices at Denny's across the street. To this day my fiance and I talk about how good the pancakes were.. they reminded us of home cooking. I loved the fact that their prices for room service arent inflated unlike other hotels. It was a really good convenience!

I would definitely come to this hotel again! The beds were comfy, the service was amazing and the location was very ideal if you want to get away from all of the hustle and bustle of the city.

Room Tip: If you have a room facing the pool, dont count on sleeping in, the kids will wake you up as early as...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
B W, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and
service during your recent stay at our Hotel. We certainly enjoyed having you with us.

We consider dedicated and competent staff members like Pete Desai our most valuable
asset. He was pleased that you acknowledged his efforts.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus Windsor Inn the next time you are in North Miami. We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I long to Miami and we're always in this hotel, the location is perfect and the service always perfect! Thanks in particular to the employee PETE DESAI and SANDRA, always very attentive and impeccable service with my family!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We consider dedicated and competent staff members like Pete and Sandra our most valuable
asset. Both was pleased that you acknowledged their efforts.

Assen, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

The staff is not friendley or helpfull! Watch your creditcard!! The staff tried to copy my creditcard details, I don't know why, because that autorized my card allready? When I asked what was going on they reacted very strange and nervous? I complained about this situation and the manager reacted very rude and uninterested.
The housekeeping stole also some clothes from two of our rooms after several complaints the housekeeping give it back?
There are also students staying in the hotel that were having a party in the hotel?
If you stay in this hotel please be aware to your personal belongings and never give your creditcard details.
I will never visit this terrible hotel again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
B W, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

First and foremost let me thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I would like to apologize for your dissatisfaction with our services as it is our goal to provide our guests with the best experience possible. I would like however to explain that, it is a common procedure to ask for as well as, to swipe the credit card at as part of the check in process, we also make sure the credit card matches the ID . The procedure protects the hotel as wells as the credit card holder against possible fraud. I can also assure you our housekeepers did not steal any of you belongings from your room, it is possible however some clothing were mistakenly taking down to the laundry along with the linen, and as you mention the laundry attendants have found it and returned it to you. To address your complaint regards to students, we have no control, neither we discriminate against any guest, as most are welcome at our property, however we do make sure the silence curfew is respected.

Once again please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations,

Thank you.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Just like being home. Pete Desai, front desk, did a super job with my request for accomodations. Mabel, in the dining room, is always ready to add a special touch for my stay.
The food is excellent and at a reasonable price. Please add some wall decorations to dining area and brighten up the bar area. It looks deserted.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
B W, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you at our location and we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We will certainly share your feedback with our employees and let them know how good of a job they did.

Thank you..
North Miami, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

My family always uses this hotel when they come to visit in Miami, FL. They have been coming to this hotel for about over five years or more. My family just recently came to visit for couple of days and everything was great, however on the last day of staying there an incident happen where my family member lost something very important to her in the room. When she went to the front desk to file a complaint, the front desk manger was not cooperating with her. The manger sent the supervisor of housekeeping to come look at the room. This individual came up with an attitude and was very rude to my family. She spoke roughly to my family which made the situation worst, also went and spoke to the other housekeepers in the hallway in different language about the issue. My family had to call the police to file a complaint because of this situation. My personal opinion is when working in any establishment that gives services to a guest or guests; you need to know how to handle certain situations. I advise anyone that comes to this hotel to be on high alerts. The staff here doesn't know how to treat the guest.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
B W, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for not exceeding your satisfaction this time around as we certainly appreciate your business.

It is my understanding we have failed to handle the situation to you satisfaction. The intent of sending the Housekeeping supervisor to your room was so that we could help locate the item your family had misplaced, and the reason she spoke to the room attendant in a foreign language, (their native language) was solely to make sure she would entirely understand the situation, as again our intent was to find the item as we new how important it was for you. Unfortunately our staff was not able to locate the item in question between all the items scattered all over the floors. As your family was understandably upset, they slammed the door hitting the supervisor, as I assure you she did not intend to be rude at any moment, but rather got shaken by the episode. So at this time we have than offered to call the police for you, as surely we did not want to upset anyone else with our continue effort to find the item. Please accept our apologies, as we hope and believe your family has located the item.
It is our goal to provide our guests with the best experience possible, and we hope you consider giving us another change to redeem ourselves in the near future.

Thank you.
Dexter, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Just spent 10 nights here while we moved a family member into the N miami area.
Room was comfortable and clean.
Staff was very friendly

Room Tip: pool side best view, might be a bit warm during summer.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
B W, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Let me start by thanking you. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

Let me start with appreciation - staffs are courteous, considerate and always try their best to help, and room is clean.

However, the place shows age and lack of needed upgrades - if I have to guess, I think the owner is a very aggressive cost cutter, and unwilling to spend necessary funding to keep the place up to date. From its wifi network (break every other few hours), to its phone (80's style phone), etc, the place leaves a lot to be desired, despite a team of very helpful staffs.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn? Share your experiences!