“Ehhhh.....OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12210 Biscayne Boulevard, Bal Harbour Area, North Miami, FL 33181-2714   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in North Miami
georgia
“Ehhhh.....OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I spent a little over a year staying at this hotel, about every 4-6 weeks. I had a brother in hospice nearby. I'll be honest, it wasn't the greatest but it fulfilled the need. Always seemed like there was a problem, tv didn't work, patio doors didn't open, fire alarm going off in the middle of the night for no reason, etc... Restaurant only has a minimal amount of food that is on the menu...great breakfast though! But it was clean and anytime there was a problem, usually taken care of right away. Staff is GREAT! It suited my need at the time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
B W, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and
service during your recent stay at our Hotel. We certainly enjoyed having you with us.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus Windsor Inn the next time you are in North Miami. We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
essex,england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our Florida trip.The hotel is pleasant,rooms clean although the decor is a bit dark and dingy and could do with brightening up a bit.All the staff we met were friendly and helpful.The location probably isn't the best but just a short drive away are the beaches and shops.There is a small restaurant adjoined to the hotel for a convenient place to have breakfast.The lady in there is sweet but the service was just painfully slow.If we had of stayed longer we would have gone over the road to Dennys instead.We didn't use the pool but it looked very nice and the area was well maintained,also plenty of car parking.When in the area again i would probably look for a hotel in a slightly better location.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
B W, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Let me start by thanking you. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.
Thomasville, ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Property Is adequately maintained
Room and amenities are average
Neighborhood is deteriorating so don't leave valuables visible in your car overnight
Staff is pleasant but indifferent to your needs / wants
Hotel charged my credit card nearly $1000 for another patrons stay weeks after my stay had been concluded. Watch your credit card closely.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
windsorinn09, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Dear Mr. Steve P,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

On behalf of the entire front desk staff, I would like to apologize for your credit card being charged for another guest stay. I can assure you they did not do it purposely, as it was a glitch on our system and it copied your card into a different reservation. We have never experienced this issue before, yet, we have since changed our property management software to assure it will not happen to anyone else.

Please accept our apologies for any frustration you may have gone through and for us not being able to rectify it at the same time.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again, so that we can have a chance to redeem ourselves, and provide you with superior care.
Palm Harbor, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

This place is far from decent. The staff is condesending at best. They just outright lie to your face. Our room was like a sweatshop. You could only feel the air cond if you sat on it. But we were told that it worked fine. Another room we tried smelled and the carpet was under water. Finally by 1AM we were switched to yet another room that was handicapped so we had no tub for my grandaughter or me for that fact. No balcony or patio so we felt trapped. The manager flat out denied being the manager so that he didn't have to do anything. One of the elevators did not work so there was always a wait. I put in a complaint with Best Western customer service, what a freaking joke those people are. I did some research on web and found the owners corporate office in Greensboro,NC and agin another bunch of morons. It has been 2 weeks and I'm still waiting for a callback. No one takes responsibility they just keep passing the buck. Well don't spend your bucks here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you choose to do so, remember I told you so.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
windsorinn09, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

It is disturbing to us when we cannot meet the expectations of our customers as it is our goal to take care of any guests issues or concerns during their stay. However I have personally investigated your situations. Our staff indeed moved you into three different rooms in an effort to please you. I find it intriguing while not satisfied, not once did you attempted to check out during your 3 nights stay but rather continued to use our services and facilities. We made a member of our staff available to you even after you checked out. Yet again, the Customer Service Manager was unable to address your concerns, as you also declined speaking to her. Additionally you were offered a discount but you declined seeking full refund.
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations or your demand for a full refund. Windsor Inn is reasonable priced Miami hotel, and would not be fair to pass on the cost of your stay to other guests. Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations or your demands.

Regards,

Sandra Griffin
Pinellas Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband, son, his girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights. We had a single room with two double beds and a balcony. I could not get over how clean the room and bathroom were. My husband was impressed by the attention to detail. The toilet was angled to give you more room when sitting and there was a huge multi outlet bar which fit all of our chargers. The alarm clock even had a night light for night time trips to the bathroom. We stayed on the third floor. Since this hotel is off the beaten path, there really isn't a view, but our room overlooked the pool which was really nice. We are eco friendly so we didn't use housekeeping, but every day there was a note under our door reminding us that if we needed anything we only needed to ask. We paid $70 a night for 4 people. They could have charged us for extra people, but they didn't. There is a restaurant inside the hotel which provides room service, however, there is a Burger King, Denny's and one of the best pizza places, Steve's Pizza, located right across the street. It's a 10 minute trip to downtown Miami and 5 minutes to the beaches. We were extremely pleased with this hotel and would definitely stay here again and recommend it to any one looking for a nice, CLEAN, affordable hotel.

Room Tip: Since there's really no view, ask for a room in the middle overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Decatur, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed here one night before leaving on a cruise out of Miami. This hotel was nice. The staff was very friendly and gave us clear directions to the Port of Miami. They had 2 computers available for guests to use. The room was very big with a balcony. Our family will stay here again if we are ever in the Miami area again. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a nice, reasonably priced hotel. They did not have a free breakfast because a restaurant was connected to the hotel, but the advertised price for breakfast seemed reasonable. We did not go to the restaurant. There is a Burger King right across the street.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Willemstad, Curacao
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised by this 3* hotel with excellent location! The room was very clean, we got new towels every day and the bed was nicely made each time we came back from our trip, There were also a good size fridge and a microwave in the room, which we were very happy with. The fact that the hotel offered free parking was also great. And the most important thing to us was the cleanliness of the whole hotel and great service of the staff! We'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a good place to stay in the area!
To Best Western Plus Windsor Inn: Thank you so much for a wonderful stay here :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
windsorinn09, Customer Service Rep at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2011
Let me start by thanking you your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

Fabiola Tanis
Customer Service
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Miami
BEST WESTERN On The Bay Inn & Marina
BEST WESTERN On The Bay Inn & Ma...
#1 of 1 in North Bay Village
4.0 of 5 stars 1,122 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aven...
#2 of 5 in Hallandale Beach
#1 of 1 in Bay Harbor Islands
4.0 of 5 stars 710 reviews
Courtyard Miami Aventura Mall
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn? Share your experiences!