“location, location, location (and price)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of White House Inn on The Bay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Miami
White House Inn on The Bay
Save Saved
You added White House Inn on The Bay to your Saves list
2305 NE 123rd Street, North Miami, FL 33181   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in North Miami
New Orleans, Louisiana
“location, location, location (and price)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Now if these motel had been 5 miles east of its location, or even 3 blocks east on "seedy" Biscayne Avenue (the equivalent of Sunset Strip in L.A.), I would not pay $80 a night for a single. But, to stay on the bay, with balcony views of million dollar homes just a stone throw across an intercostal access canal, and views of Bal Harbor and Miami Beach across the bay, I can get that touristy feel even though I was born and raised in Miami. You see, I travel there to Miami 4-5 times a year either dealing with a rental property or visiting family and friends. I know seedy! I'm from the inner-city there in Miami (Liberty City). The white house inn would blend into my old neighborhood perfectly. The rooms have the look of heavy traffic and only the bear necessities are there: bed, dresser, table, and TV; all which looks like stuff from a thrift store or Goodwill. Its the location that makes this place a diamond in the ruff. You are just a walk down the street to eatery and necessities. A two mile drive across the bridge next to the Inn in the opposite direction and you are in Bal Harbor. And if you've never heard of Bal Harbor, then you should Google it. The pool over looks the bay and you definitely can get your "Miami Beach" feel and photos on out there for a fraction of the cost if you were to stay on Miami Beach. I've never felt un-safe there. Don't expect any luxuries and you'll be fine (especially with the money you save). No hookers walking the avenue or fellas hanging on the sidewalks. Nope, the area is safe for a stroll down to the Walgreens or Denney's. This place is really a $30/night, 2 story motel in a million dollar neighborhood. That's why they charge $80/night. BONUS!! I can fish off the backside of the property, right into Biscayne Bay (plenty of light for night fishing).The reason I gave it a "very good" rating above is simple: LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION, and price.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the office because that's where the WiFi is. It doesn't cover the entire...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I were going to the big boat show down here and came across the whitehouse online. They had a special rate for the weekend, so we booked 2 nights. We ended up getting a really good deal, and the staff has been very helpful showing us how to get around the place. The free wifi (using now) is also a nice perk for a spot in this price range.

Room Tip: Ask for a waterfront room on the north or east side.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I happened to stay here by chance, and it turned out to be a good choice. It's a few minutes away from pretty much everything- beach, aventura, and a bunch of sweet restaurants on biscayne. Room was adjacent to the bay and had a killer view. Will stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stopped in here just to stay the night because we got to Miami a day earlier than our reservation the resort for our vacation. The lady at the front desk was very nice and let us look at 3 different rooms before we decided to stay. The only problem is that the room was a little outdated, other than that it was clean and had all of the things you would need. There was a beautiful view and it is surrounded by everything you could need. We would definitely stay again if we needed a place to stay for one night!

Room Tip: Ask to look at rooms first, some are better than others.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the night before out cruise. As we travelled far and needed a place to sleep. It looked nice on the outside so we stopped. And cheapest in the area(now I know why) we step into the room and were hit with the smell of mold. There were little bugs everywhere. Outdated kitchenette, which is useless unless u travel with pots and pans and utensils. I had to take an Ativan to sleep since there were loud people right outside after midnight. What happened to quiet time??? We were tired and it was late so we sucked it up. Only plus side was the desk staff were nice. But really? How can anyone be so blind to not see te mold in te ceiling etc. never again.

• Stayed April 2014
WhiteHouseBay, Front Office Manager at White House Inn on The Bay, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
As one of the front desk desk managers our staff checks with all guest once they check in and out.
One that has an issue we wish to resolve. We are one of few motels that will honor a room tour, the guest will choose which room they please prior to checking in. Our staff is very friendly, professional an hands on, they are there 24-7 for guest services... If a guest needs assistance, wishes to depart early ,switch room or doesn't wish to stay, and be refunded, our staff will honor in guest favor. We strive on guest satisfaction, and wish for all guest to bring any concerns to our attention immediately so we can resolve.

Kind regards

Esther FDM

Travelers are raving about these North Miami hotels

Dix Hills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I came to Miami for a week with my friends to celebrate my birthday, this hotel was very affordable, clean and wonderful. The staff was incredible and very helpful. Unlike other hotels the check ins and outs were quick and easy, easier for us to enjoy the Miami weather. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Last week I staid at this amazing hotel for my bacholer party! Rates were perfect for my friends and i . our rooms were fantastic with the amazing view of the bay!!!! Everything was so clean and organized! My stay here was an amazing experience and will always stay here on my future trips!!! Staff were so friendly couldn't ask for anything better! Check in and check out was very easy and didn't take long at all! Loved it here!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to White House Inn on The Bay? Share your experiences!