My husband and I have been staying here since 2001 and absolutely love this place! The rooms are updated and clean. You literally step out your front door and you're in the sand. The property sits underneath some gorgeous large Australian pines that give you shade throughout the day. The kitchens are well appointed and the bathrooms are clean. If you have never been to Captiva before, you need to know that these are some of the most beautiful beaches in Florida. Jensen's on the Gulf is situated in a mostly residential area so there are no crowds. Most often the only people you will see on the beach are the other guests at the resort. If your looking for rest and relaxation away from it all, this is the place for you. Make sure you stop at the Publix on the mainland before heading over the Sanibel causeway. Grocery shopping on the island is very limited and very expensive! There is a general store a couple of miles north of Jensen's but they are very limited. They have beer, ice, bread and eggs. Don't count on anything else. There are a few places to eat around Captiva. A few of our favorites are The Mucky Duck, The original Lazy Flamingo (on the Causeway just as you approach the bridge into Captiva from Sanibel) and The Bubble Room. DON'T FORGET YOUR BUG SPRAY!! The no-see-ums are relentless here!! You cannot step outside from dusk till dawn without bug spray! You will get eaten alive by them! Their bites are bad and the effects will stay with you for a couple of weeks.
- Also Known As:
- Jensen`s `On The Gulf` Hotel
- Jensen`s `On The Gulf` Hotel Captiva Island
- Jensen's "On The Gulf" Captiva Island, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Captiva Island's only small resort directly on the beach. Our intimate setting & front row seat to glorious sunsets will take your breath away. Reserve one of our beach homes, cottages or view suites and learn the secret of the best location on Captiva! Walk to everything including our Jensen's Twin Palm Resort & Marina on Captiva Island's bayside for Boating & Fishing. Join the generations who've returned in the last 30+ years the Jensens have preserved this natural beauty on Captiva Island. ... more less