“You want cake, you got it! Wow!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Dessert
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
New Port Richey, Florida
“You want cake, you got it! Wow!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

While on a mini vacation to the area, my husband and I were craving dessert. Since we were already on the beach on Capitva Island, I suggested The Bubble Room, so off we went to the unique, nostalgic atmosphere. The waitress brought over a huge tray of decadent offerings and rattled off each cakes name and ingredients. Not being able to make a choice to share just one slice, we opt to choose two! I got the White Christmas which was vanilla cake, whipped cream layers with bits of pineapple and also frosted with whipped cream with coconut flakes sprinkled all over. My husband chose their award winning Brown Sugar Crunch cake with it's layers of buttery, crunchy brown sugar between vanilla cake, then frosted in a creamy orange frosting. These slices are of mega proportions, so prepare to ask for a take home container! Our slices were so fresh and flavorful, it's really hard to stop eating. The prices seem high until you get the slice in front of you, you won't believe your eyes but you're stomach will be very happy. I would highly recommend enjoying a fresh slice of "cakezilla". We always enjoy visiting the Bubble room.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

North Carolina
“Must see if you like fun crazy eclectic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We just had desert, and it was ok. The decor was wild though. Tons of memorabilia everywhere. A fun place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, FL
“If you like BAD attitudes, below average food, and dingy decor...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

...then this is the place to go! I wanted an appetizer and house salad, so Karen told me that was the $20 Tiny Bubble which includes dessert. I said I didn't want dessert and she said that was no problem. The Greek salad was pretty poor and the shecrab soup was so so. When she came around with desserts, I said if the Tiny Bubble comes with dessert I would take one to go. She snapped at me that I said I didn't want the Tiny Bubble, but all I said was I didn't want dessert. So feeling totally dressed-down, I kept quiet. Then after going through the entire dessert spiel, she looks at her orders and said, "Oh, I did give you the Tiny Bubble." I believe she just expected to charge us the entire amount and omit the dessert, not the dollars. Everyone at our table was astonished at her attitude.

I am extremely reasonable with wait staff because our daughter is a manager of a popular large chain restaurant and we've heard the stories of unpleasant diners. I understand what a tough job servers have, so her rudeness was certainly not due to my bad manners! My daughter and I talked to the manager who said he would deal with it and had nothing more to say other than hoping we would have a better experience next time, to which I replied there would NEVER be a next time.

We were a table of 10 with 4 restaurant professionals in the party, so we would have seriously over-tipped for good service. Karen really blew a large tip last night!

After reading other recent reviews, it appears the Bubble Room is not at all the restaurant it has been in previous years. Next time we will go to the Mucky Duck nearby where we can see a beautiful view (instead of a dark interior with dirty, dingy, bad decor), excellent food for less money than the Bubble Room, and wonderful service (instead of rudeness and abuse). Trip Advisor needs a negative rating for this restaurant!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Whimsical restaurant; memorable desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Quirky restaurant decorated with all manner of colorful items, ranging from delightfully retro to straight up bizarre. Certainly worth a visit just to check out the place. As for our dining experience, the appetizers/main dishes were so-so, but the desserts were AMAZING!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Interesting Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a very unique place.  It reminds me of a creepy haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights.  It is filled with toys and photos from the 40’s and 50’s.  You have to spend a few minutes wondering around.  Something about those dolls with the plastic faces gives me the creeps.  But the service decent and the food was good.  I loved the “Carolina Moons”, homemade chips with bacon and cheese.  The homemade cakes looked good too but we were too stuffed to try any of them.   We did have to wait a bit for a table and then I was little disappointed when I went exploring and found a whole floor of empty tables.  But what do I know about running a restaurant?  I think you have to try this place once just to experience it.  But I don’t know if I would go back.  I think I watched too many horror movies as a kid that were in a similar setting.  I just can’t get passed that.  But that is no reflection on the food or service.  That is just my crazy mind.

Visited September 2013