“Super friendly staff and great hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jensen's Twin Palm Resort and Marina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Captiva Island
Jensen's Twin Palm Resort and Marina
You added Jensen's Twin Palm Resort and Marina to your Saves list
15107 Captiva Drive, Captiva Island, FL 33924   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Captiva Island
Macedon, New York
“Super friendly staff and great hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is not a review of the accommodations but rather the property and owner/staff.
My daughter and her husband own a home in Sunset Captiva and as such are just across the street from this Jensen's site (the other Jensen site is Gulf side).
We have gone over to Jensen's a lot of times during the past 3 years. One of the neat things is to go over there to see the aquatic life (late afternoon for the manatees) up close and personal. About once a month (I'm told) some of the locals gather at Jensen's to play some good old and not so old music. Gotta tell you that when we saw them they put on a great performance.
This past Christmas (I believe it was 12/14/13)we were at Captiva and they held their traditional flotilla of various boats (sail, motorized, etc) decorated for the Christmas season. This is a contest for whoever enters with prizes awarded at the conclusion.
The boats/mini ships (very large, large and small) were beautifully decorated with some playing Christmas tunes or just singing Christmas carols. It truly was a sight to see especially for someone who has never seen such a display.
The parade cruised directly in front of Jensen's (on the bay) down towards Tween waters.
If you are in the area during the Christmas time frame I would put this event on the "to do list" for sure.
Now back to the hospitality of the Jensen's. They aren't like some other property owners in resort areas as they don't post threatening signs saying that "if caught trespassing you'll be fed to the sea creatures or worse". Instead they welcome your visit with a warm greeting and a smile.
We plan on using their cottage's next Christmas as our daughter's home will be packed and we will need to seek alternate shelter and I could not think of a better place to stay.
Keep up the super hospitality and occasional music fests.

Room Tip: They all appear to be nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

If you are looking for a laid-back vacation on Captiva, then Jensen's cottages (marina on Pine Island Sound) are the way go go. Sure, you could spend more, depending on season, for something at Tween Waters or South Seas, and you could have fancier things awaiting you, OR you could have a very nice cottage waiting you and just walk outside your cottage and viola! You could watch the manatees and green herons, go rent a boat, or walk right into the village. You can enjoy everything within the village. Park your car in front of your cottage when you get there and that's it. Explore everything from there - it's such a lovely place, and you'll appreciate being able to come right back to your cottage whenever you please. If you're here to fish, you'll love the little "Fishing Museum" on site. I recommend booking a trip during the weekends after Thanksgiving through the New Year so you can enjoy some of the fun holiday events that Captiva puts on each year. It's always great fun, and it's even more fun if you don't have to leave the island. Jensen's is a great spot to sit and watch the boat parade, too.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bonney Lake, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We have seen it briefly in the past; saw the recommendations and perused the web site. Relaxing place, the Jensen family hospitality, "Old Florida" in an area of gazillion-dollar estates. I am here to tell you it is all true!
We stayed in cottage #8. No screened porch, but adjacent to the water with a view of the marina from the window. Our intent at the beginning of a 17-day visit to Florida was to come here and basically shut down for three days. Mission accomplished. We were offered a fishing pole if I wanted to try my luck from the dock. There were plenty of fish in the area, and the dock does have a cleaning station. I did not rent one of their boats because of shallow and unfamiliar waters in Pine Island Sound - but after taking a boat ride out, I will definitely rent a boat next time!
Walking distance to a few local eateries and the Island Store. Beware, the prices reflect being on an island. Get your groceries at the Publix market on the mainland on your way here. 1/4 mile walk to the Gulf beach. (Jensens also offers a property on the Gulf beach) The Mucky Duck pub on the beach is a great place for dessert and a beer - and the sunsets are amazing!
The Jensens are welcoming and willing to show you anything about their operation and the area. They even took time to show us how to spot the manatees in the water before you can actually see them.
The cottage is air conditioned, great for those of us not accustomed to the humidity here. Full kitchen and dishes/utensils are provided. The on-site store caters mostly to the fishing crowd, but seemed to have what we needed - including some sunglasses after I broke mine. Weber grills are outside (I grilled up my own Cheeseburger in Paradise)...thank you to the staff for loaning me a lighter to start my charcoal.., and the grounds are well-maintained. Coming from the Pacific Northwest and our own brand of paradise, we will be back here on our next trip to Florida!

Room Tip: Cottage #8 has the water view, others have large screened porches. Depends on what you are looking...
North Palm Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Very clean cottages. We rented a boat for $165.00 for a full day of inshore fishing. The fish were practically jumping in the boat. It was a lot of fun. I also recommend the lunch spot that you can only get to by boat-the name escapes me but ask the Marina folks, they'll know. You can pretty much park your car once you arrive as there are several good choices for dinner within walking distance. We will return!
P.S. Not all cottages have screened porches-ours did not. Also, we could hear the people above us walking around but it wasn't too bad. I imagine it could be if you got some noisy folks upstairs. Not all cottages are 2 stories. Also, no swimming pool which would be nice!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Newark, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This review is for the marina. We did not stay here but will consider next time we come here! From the outside the cottages were quaint all with a screened in porch. The folks at the marina were very welcoming, informative and hospitable. Hubby and I splurged because it was our 25th anniversary on a private trip to N. Captiva Island from here with Captain Shawn who was the "captain of the day" . We stayed out for 6 hours, Shawn dropped us off on the bay side of the island and got us in as far as he possibly could. Nice guy, wish we would have done it earlier in the week because we would have gone on a fishing trip instead of spending $60 bucks at the fish monger parked at the Island Store on Thursday.( The fish was great though and worth the size that we bought) Note to self for next time, and we WILL be back. Anyway at the arranged upon time for pick up Captain Shawn was right there. Wading back out into the bay at high tide was kinda freaky for me even though I'm a water girl I am not familiar with the aquatic life in that area. Just walking out to meet the boat was awesome! We saw some clear, straight, seahorse looking fish (I apologize to the locals for being a dunce) And another group of big fish, and some type of an eagle ray that headed right toward me as I was wading out that scared the crap outta me. On top of that we saw a manatee raise its nose above the water and at the time Im thinking what the H**ck is that! Thankfully Captain Shawn was pulling up as I saw the manatee and confirmed thats what it was. ( Reminder Im a North Eastern shore girl used to jelly fish, crabs, sharks and sting rays but was spooked a bit being in my bare feet, wear water shoes if you get goose bumps too). LOL It was a great day shelling where he dropped us off to walk across from the bay to the ocean which was a very short distance. We took a cooler and a waterproof bag and had a great time! Plan ahead, plan that you will walk a tad to get to the oceanside and you will be A OK. We did hit a honey hole for shells the day he dropped us off and most of the day we were the only one on the beach. Well worth it and hope to go back soon!

Room Tip: We saw manatee and an eagle ray when we came back, dont be in a hurry to go!
Indialantic, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We spent four nights here for our 26th anniversary. We came here because my brother-in-law, who passed away last year, used to come here to go fishing. We were familiar with Captiva, from business conferences, and my wife coming in the 60's. We picked cottage #2 because it had a king bed. You can see all the cottages online, but the photos don't do them justice. Our cottage was spotless, and looked recently updated. The bathroom was very modern, no tub, just a very nicely tiled shower. The property is in the bay, and has a dock for boats and fishing. The office has bait and tackle, drinks, ice etc. You are walking distance from the gulf of Mexico, shops, and restaurants. The staff at Jensen's are wonderful. They brought us ice, and when we locked ourselves out, cheerfully came and let us in, even though they had gone home for the night. We cooked in our kitchen, and barbequed by the bay. We had a wonderful time.

Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I can't say enough good things about the Jensen's! The brothers made us feel welcome from the first time we called to inquire about reservations. My husband called a couple of times to get their recommendations on fishing guides and they were helpful. Upon checking in, our cabin was spotless and had everything in it that we would need for the week! When we got back from our fishing trip, they offered us all the stuff to grill our catch from the day.

We will stay with the Jensen's on our next visit to Captiva Island. Thanks for making our vacation wonderful!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Jensen's Twin Palm Resort and Marina? Share your experiences!