“Great Place, Great food, Great fun” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Captiva Island Inn Bed & Breakfast

Save Saved
You added Captiva Island Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Captiva Island Inn Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   11509 Andy Rosse Lane, Captiva Island, FL 33924   |
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Place, Great food, Great fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2005

We booked two rooms for a little family reunion. What a great location in the center of the Village. Once we parked the cars, we were able to walk to all we wanted to due. The Beach is just down the road, several restaraunts within walking distance, the market for groceries is next door. We all had a great time. The breakfast is served off the menus at the Keylime Cafe and RC Otters. Both offered a great menu and good food - breakfast served until 11am - that is helpfull when you are out late the night before. We had the Hibiscus Room - very large living area with a big bathroom and separate bedroom. The deck was furnished with a table, chairs and umbrella. The hammock was real comfortable for naps - or - even sleeping under the stars. My brother and his family were in the Gardenia - nice 2 bedroom unit, but the living area was small. We all had a great time.

• Stayed June 2005

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2005

I read the reviews from some other past guest and was about to cancel my reservation and I called them. I stayed in the Hibiscus Cottage for one night and then the Orchid cottage the other night. We couldn't have been happier! Yes, their is the restaurant, Keylime Bistro. It was our restaurant that we ate breakfast every morning. Pam the server was a real charmer and showed us pictures of Hurricane Charley. The owner stayed right through the hurricane to protect her property and they all painted, chainsawed and got it open within a month.

If you're looking for a five star resort, I would say that it is about a 4 star. The lovely house that is part of the inn was next door. While we were there, Bill took us through it and it is a five star. We could have stayed there, but we loved the quaint cottages.

I never saw a dumpster. I looked for it.

• Stayed March 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2005

We decided to book this place with some friends--friends we've had since the 1st grade. We were really excited about this trip and thoroughly enjoyed this trip--only because of our friends presence.

Everything you on other reviews are true: the rooms (cottages) are located behind the restaurant dump and smells like fish; the bands never stop playing; the room is not that cute/nice; the bed is terrible; the service is even worse; and it is way, way overpriced--do not waste your money!!

Speaking of price, they charge you before you come and once they charge you, if there are any errors, they just say--"oh there's nothing we can do about it." There were some errors in the charges, and when we discussed it with them, they said, "I can't do anything about it. Call us." So I've called them and was told "well, I'll have to let the owner handle this." I made him promise that I would get a response from him--have not gotten one. I have e-mailed them--no reply. The point is, any place that charges you before you stay, should be viewed with suspician.

Having said all this, we really enjoyed our time with friends and the location in a small little village was really nice! Just DO NOT stay at the Captiva Island Inn!

• Stayed April 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2005

After traveling for 11 hours, we finnaly arrived to the Captiva Island Inn. After getting into our room (the rosebud room), we were very dissapointed! After walking over to the pool, we decided to check out without staying there one night (we booked 5 nights)! There were several problems with the room, the biggest problem was it was small, dirty and smelled of must, mold and mildew. The pool area reaked of raw sewage! There was no way we were going to lay our heads down in this place. A week later we found out that we only had to pay for 3 nights instead of 5. We were so disapointed, we came home 3 days early from our vacation! STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed March 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2004

It looked so charming on the web site. Fooled again! And even when I asked the manager about the location, specifically mentioning that we were looking for a quiet, private stay in a historic inn, he did not tell me about the abutting parking lot, house full of screeming kids in the pool next door, food smells from the restaurants, and total lack of any bed and breakfast ambiance! The inn is in the middle of a very busy village center. I do not mean conveniently near the center, I mean surrounded by noise, music, and smells. Ugh! They sent us across the street for breakfast and that was the best part...really nice food at the bistro. Would we go back? Never, and it is way overpriced!

BERLIN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2004

It was our second time in captiva !! And would should I say it is fantastic !! Stay at the main house and take samantha?s room !!! Totally very very very nice furnished the kittchen some people will kill to have it at home ! Very nice people arround there totally realaxed. I will give it a A++

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2003

I made reservations for the Inn and then only found the other reviews at this site and was very worried. What a relief to have a completely different experience than the other reviewers! As soon as we got back, I knew I had to post my experience so that others aren't completely frightened away.Our cottage was on the restaurant side of the property and we did not have a problem with noise or smells at all mentioned in other reviews.Our cottage was very comfortable and was a nice place to come back to after a day at the beach. (It's a quick walk to the beach for great shelling and dolphin watching.) Every morning, we had tasty breakfasts at the restaurant with good service. We also enjoyed the Inn's bikes and beach chairs.Further, it was a great value. They have specials for September and October, that make it super affordable. We also stayed at a small inn on Sanibel for the first part of the vacation. It was nice, but did not have all the amenities of the Inn and was more expensive!It could be that we had such a great time because it is so quiet in September -- maybe more people make the Inn less comfortable. However, I would definitely recommend the Inn to friends and family for any time.

Been to Captiva Island Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!