“What a great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rehoboth Beach
“What a great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

I have recently returned from a "girlfriends getaway". I had not been to Tween Waters for quite a few years so I wasn't sure what to expect. It was looking like it needed some TLC the last time I was there. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the rooms had been remodeled. I was impressed with the decor and happy that the bed was so comfortable.
Trying to please 11 ladies is not the easiest chore, but the staff did their best to do so. We even had to borrow a DVD player for one of our events and if I'm not mistaken one of the staff members brought one from their own home for us to use.
There was a problem with the phones, Verizon didn't have a good reception , but AT&T seemed to work well. That is to be expected for afterall, Captive IS an island.
I would not hesitate to recommend Tween Waters to friends.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
fort lauderdale, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

I live in Fort Lauderdale and wanted to get away for a couple of days with my girlfriend so I focused on the Gulf Coast of Florida since it was a convenient drive distance and uncovered Captiva Island and the Tween Waters Inn. I reviewed their web site and was very impressed so I gave them a call. That's when I knew this was a good choice.

I spoke with Don who could not have been nicer and full of great info so I booked a 2 night (Tuesday and Wednesday) night stay right then and there. Well, you know how some web sites are not exactly what you get when you get there? Not the case here at all. Their web site was a spot on representation of their entire property, if anything the place was BETTER than their web site.

The check in was smooth, the room was very clean on arrival, and the facilities were well maintained. The person at the desk was friendly and thorough and suggested we try their 2 for 1 prime rib dinner (Tuesday night). We got settled in and decided to try the prime rib dinner special at their restaurant. The service was nice and friendly and the food was also very good.

We had the continental breakfast in the morning (included) which had a wide array of fresh fruits, cereals, and breads in a bright comfortable dining area. Very good. We spent the day taking advantage of the beach and pool areas, including the pool bar. The bartender Lisa was super nice and showed great excitement in her job and the hotel even though it was mid week in September and a little quite just before the Labor Day weekend. I treated my girlfriend to a deep tissue massage in their spa. The ladies in the spa were also happy and helpful and my girlfriend enjoyed her massage.

We decided to go back to the restaurant for dinner which was offering a pasta night theme as well as their regular menu. We got a different server but still the same friendly service.

The whole stay was great from beginning to end. This property is well managed and everything they have on their web site is accurate if not actually better once you get there.

We highly recommend this resort and will definitely be back

(I had to remove and add this review because I made a mistake when I rated elements of my stay)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

We live 45 minutes away but wanted a one day get-a-way. We bought a day pass for 25$ and went to the restaurant on the 14 acre premises and used the pass toward the breakfast. We had a choice of a cold or hot item buffet-$9.95 or $14.95 or $ 5.95 for hotel guests. Excellent food and big portions. 6 different juices, delicious coffee ( a pot was placed on our table), eggs, pastries, cereals, fruits,bacon, etc. We walked around to the marina, pool, and looked at some of the cabins and then across the road to the beach. Cabanas and umbrella with chairs are available to rent. Quiet/clean beach. Patrols on foot or golf carts are around for questions and guidance. Lots of activities list in registration area. EVERYONE couldn't have been nicer to us. We will be back!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Estero, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We are local to the area and booked a room through Orbitz for a two night, quick getaway. Unfortunately, only minutes later, we received an emergency call regarding family, and called to cancel. The staff at Tween Waters said they had not received the reservation from Orbitz, so they would not book the room when they did receive it. I called Orbitz, who cancelled the reservation right away (no charge) and Orbitz called Tween Waters (while I remained on the phone) to let them know the reservation was officially cancelled. Twwen Water told them the same think...the reservation would NOT be booked. Wow.....today I received a one night charde ($270.30) on my credit card because I cancelled!!!! UNLESS YOUR LIFE IS PERFECT, DO NOT STAY AT TWEEN WATERS. THEY WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO CANCEL FOR ANY REASONS WHATSOEVER.........THEY WILL CHARGE YOU FOR ONE ROOM.....WHICH, BTW, IS NOT AS NICE AS THOSE AT THE NEW SOUTH SEAS RESORT.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Vine Grove, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband and I were driving up the Gulf Coast and decided at the last minute to stay on Captiva. I had previously viewed Tween the Waters online but it doesn't do it justice. We received a great walk-in rate on their King Studio which overlooked the Gulf. The resort spreads from the Gulf to the Bay and is just a short walk. On the Bay side, I waded out into the water and interacted with the Manatee and on the Gulf side, you can watch the dolphins play. The entire Island is a slow-paced relaxing atmosphere. A great place to rest and enjoy the beauty of the ocean. Their marina also offers dolphin tours, shelling tours, etc. It is a great place to travel as a couple or with a family. The staff was so very friendly and accomodating! We look forward to another visit soon!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
west palm beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

My husband and I visited Tween Waters Inn right after the 4th of July for the rest of that week. We took advantage of the get a night free/$100 dining credit promotion. The resort is charming and not pretentious. I had never been to Sanibel or Captiva so was excited at how relaxed and quiet it is. Lots of shopping and restaurants in Sanibel on the way. Our room faced the bay and we were lucky right next to the ice machine and close to the pool too. We parked underneath the building and never had to move our car because the resort had everything we needed. The continental breakfast buffet was outstanding and you can also purchase a cooked breakfast to order. Between the dining credit, resort coupon book at check in, complimentary breakfast and the free night, we couldn't have been happier. The bed was super comfy, we took our dog, he sure was happy, and the beach right across the road is close and unobstructed. There are no high rises...it feels very unspoiled. We took turns going to the beach and pool. Sunsets are amazing at around 8:30 p.m. at the beach. Some of the things we didn't utilize were the tennis courts, fitness center, spa and kayaks. Since we drove, we took our cooler, beach chairs and umbrellas, otherwise would have rented cabana chairs. Having drinks at the pool bar and the restaurants and then not having to drive was a big perk for us. No worries. We wore comfy casual clothes and flip flops the whole time. Our air conditioner worked great, but it did come on a lot and made the screened in patio too warm to enjoy most of the time. We stopped at Publix on the way in and got some charcoal and food to bbq since they have a few grills on the property. We didn't have a suite so requested a microwave which worked out great with the little fridge. The room was nicely appointed and I hope the maid appreciated that we were low maintenance. The resort encourages guests to be green and not change sheets/towels every day. I could not agree more. The evenings had amazing cool breezes...especially when the east coast of the U.S. was having a heat wave...we felt lucky. Overall we really liked the place. The only downside were the little ants which made their way into my bags and have since taken up residence in my bathroom at home. Also, the not so nice woman at the front desk who gave me a hard time because I had requested to stay an extra day and then decided not to. Sorry we had to go to a funeral at home. She became difficult and unfriendly claiming she could not verify my package deal free night with dining credit so I provided her with my mailed receipt and then was subsequently charged an extra tax on the daily dog fee which was not quoted in my original agreement, but whatever, hope she's having a better day. They have since upgraded to a computerized reservation system which was not the case when I originally made my reservation. Next time I would like to rent a cottage or upgrade to a room with a little kitchen. The point of going the first time was to feel it out. Elizabeth at the front desk didn't even say thanks to us as we were leaving but I won't let her spoil it for us...it was an adorable place to vacation, with a giant pool, calm beach, pet friendly good food and good house wine at the bar.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

My best friend and I just got back...what a great place to stay. The rooms are reasonably priced, the continental breakfast is out of this world (the best fruit and pastries ever). We loved the pool, had great access to the beach...will certainly be vacationing there again! Oh, and can't forget the awesome cocktails at the pool and the hotel bar :). Great job Tween Waters!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!