We had a standard room that faced the gulf. It was a nice view and the room was nice but a little dated. There are no elevators, so if you have problems with stairs, ask to stay on the ground floor. They have a basic, free breakfast or you can pay $8 or $10 for a larger meal. The basic breakfast was enough for us and was pretty good (cereal, yogurt, fruit).
The grounds and pool area were nice and I heard good things about their spa from friends who used it. Their pool side grill had good food. My salad was really fresh. The service here was OK to good, depending upon who was helping you.
We did have some issues upon checking out. I had lost my email and called to confirm our check out date, when we booked the room we had debated staying another night. I was told my check out was for the day I wanted. When I checked out, they said they had us booked for another night and charged us half the room's cost. For full disclosure, the key card does list the dates you've booked, but I didn't think to check it since I'd confirmed my desired departure date two days prior. I was pretty frustrated since I had called to check on this and had been told otherwise AND some friends had changed their rooms last minute and fees were waived because the hotel was full. Fortunately, my husband called later and the person he spoke with waived that charge immediately. We were very appreciative.
All in all a good stay. It's not too far from the small town and they have a shuttle to get you around if you want to get a taxi and avoid renting a car.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters
- Tween Waters Inn
- Tween Waters Captiva Island
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, EasyToBook, Priceline, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.