Wow!! What a great vacation. It was my daughter's 14th birthday and the staff was amazing. They sang to her upon arrival, Doug made sure she had a special chocolate mousse cake for her birthday in addition to the huge Thanksgiving buffet, and the singer at The Crow's Nest sang to her Wed. night. Everyone made us feel welcome and special.
We reserved a one bedroom suite with two queen beds and a sleep sofa. It was a great way to travel with two teen girls. The room was spacious, clean and bright with two TVs and internet access. Our suite looked over the marina and we enjoyed the boats coming and going. It was not noisy, just fun. Everyone was super nice. The breakfast buffet was also included with the room. The continental breakfast was plentiful with lots of fresh fruit, pastry, bagels, cereal and more.
For Thanksgiving we enjoyed the buffet at The Old Captiva House. Wow! What a huge display of food. The seafood table was outstanding with large shrimp, crab claws, oysters and muscles. That was next to the cheese table that was filled with 12 different types of cheese and baked brie. We feasted on traditional turkey with all the trimmings and also pigged out of roast beef and lamb. We were all so full we could hardly move, but then came desert. With at least six different deserts to choose from, coffee and tea, our meal was perfect. The best part was the special Mousse cake Doug arranged for my daughter. The pianist played “Happy Birthday”, the entire restaurant sang and we smiled until it hurt. What an amazing meal.
We also enjoyed cocktail hour at the Oasis Pool Bar each day. Wonderful drinks and excellent food. The pool was heated and very clean with fresh towels and friendly bar staff.
One of the highlights of our trip was our kayak tour through the mangrove trees. Our guide made sure we saw several Manatee and lots of native birds. He also stopped and pulled up a live conch for the kids to hold. He was very knowledgeable, kind and experienced. I highly recommend the two hour tour. If we went by ourselves, we would have missed many cool sites that were hidden in the mangroves.
The beach was gorgeous. We came home with a full bag of shells. The fireworks on Friday night was spectacular. The Tween Waters Inn puts on an amazing display of lights and holiday festivities on the Friday after Thanksgiving. It was fun for the entire family.
Bottom line… on a scale of 1 to 10, this trip was an 11. We plan to do it again next year. Thanks Tween Waters family. We’ll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida
- Tween Waters Captiva Island