“My Wedding Day Made Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15951 Captiva Road, Captiva Island, FL 33924   |
Special Offer
Summer Rates $140/night
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Captiva Island
“My Wedding Day Made Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I chose to plan my wedding at Tween Waters Inn which is one of my favorite spots to relax but I wasn't sure how they would do with my wedding but to my suprise and joy they did a flawless job making sure every part of my wedding went perfectly. From the beach ceremony to the reception everything was wonderful. I had a small wedding of 33 and everyone loved the atmosphere that Tween Waters provided. The food was amazing and the cake to die for...we stayed for a three day weekend to enjoy the pool and beach with friends and family. It was the best experience of my life. We will be back for our anniversary. Sherry and Dan are the best and took care of every detail. Thank you Tween Waters for making my wedding day the best it could be.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager22, General Manager at Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
LM1973,
We are very honored that you choose Tween Waters Inn Resort and Spa for your Wedding and it is wonderful to hear that your event went “flawless”. Our staff, including Sherry and Dan, work very hard to ensure that your special event is just that, truly special. Executive Chef Jason Miller and Baker Paul Sauer do a wonderful job coming up with new and creative event menus and preparing deserts and cakes right on site. We do hope you will return for your anniversary and please make sure to look into our special anniversary packages designed especially for people like yourselves. Thanks again for choosing us for your special event and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

890 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Lincoln Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I've been visiting FL all my life but this was my first trip to the Gulf Coast. I booked Tween Waters via internet and I was not sure what to expect after reading some of the other reviews. I am a finicky traveler, but this place is really wonderful! The staff was pleasant and helpful. Captiva House dinner was awesome. Crab races, certainly worth-while...not to mention that some of the proceeds go to charity. The pool looked refreshing (note, a lot of kids - not that I mind that...), but with a private beach, who needs the pool! I stayed at a bayview guest room and enjoyed coffee while watching manatees beyond the dock. Bathroom looked new, flat screen tv in room (like that matters in a place like this),and painting etc on-going. The only thing I can say about the other reviews is that the air conditioner was noisy. Other than that, this place is the best and i cant wait to come back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
GeneralManager23, General Manager at Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
I’m happy to see you have discovered the West Coast of Florida. It’s a wonderful experience where the hustle and bustle of normal life can be put aside for awhile. We are especially happy you discovered Tween Waters Inn! As you found, this is a terrific, fun property to visit with a wonderful, dedicated staff. In fact, about thirty percent of the resort’s employees have been part of this team for more than ten years and many have been employed here for more than twenty years! Our Crab races are very unique if not a bit crazy and weird! But they are totally fun and have produced close to $150,000 for the United Way over the past several years! We are also very blessed with the wildlife that surrounds us. We frequently see the manatees you mentioned, in addition to dolphins, sea otters and an incredible array of birdlife. By the way, you mentioned the air conditioner in your unit was a bit noisy – we agree. To quiet things down some we have started a program of replacing the existing “through the wall” A/C units, even though they are fairly new, with whisper quite “split units” that operate similarly to central air. We are really pleased to hear you can’t wait to come back to Tween Waters Inn – we can’t wait to see you again!
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I have traveled the world and my favorite place still remains to be Tween Waters Inn on Captiva Island. It is a paradise. The cottages are beautiful and you can't lose even if you stay in the hotel because the views are amazing! You can watch the Surnrise over the bay and watch the gorgeous Sunset over the ocean. The restaurants are wonderful and the service is always great! The poolside bar has great food and great atmosphere!

Room Tip: The bay side rooms are great for Sunrise and the Beach Front rooms are great for Sunset.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Tween Waters Inn enjoys welcoming travelers who return to our resort year after year from all over the world – probably from many of the places you have visited. Our guests enjoy the “laid back” atmosphere of the property, the great facilities and the resort’s beautiful, unique location with the Gulf of Mexico on the west shore and the “back-bay” (Pine Island Sound, actually) on the east shore. Views are incredible. You simply cannot beat a Captiva sunset, or sunrise for that matter! The resort’s three food service areas provide everything from a casual sandwich or salad at the Oasis Pool Bar, to a great meal in the Crow’s Nest Pub – with entertainment most nights – to an elegant fine dining experience in the Old Captiva House Restaurant. There’s certainly a dining venue for everyone. Thank you so much for your very kind comments. We will look forward to a return visit – soon!
cleveland, ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

My husband and chose this spot for our beach wedding in May of 2009 after staying there twice before. ( and 3 times since) second marriage for us both, we brought our 5 combined children ranging from 19-25 at the time.
Everything was perfect and beautiful, including the weather. Tween waters staff were instrumental in helping with our planning since we had to arrange everything ahead of time from out of town.
My husband and I had a suite, and we booked poolside rooms next to each other for the kids so that they could go back to their rooms and continue to party when the old fogeys had had enough!
We go back every chance we get. Our only complaint is that they don't offer a rewards program for returning guests. That would be nice!

Room Tip: We prefer the gulf view rooms.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
GeneralManager22, General Manager at Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Dear Bob and Deb,
Congratulations on your marriage. Thank you for choosing us for such a special occasion and taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your insight as someone who has stayed with us many times before. Guests who have not been here before do not realize that we have 137 guest rooms and over 14 different types or styles of accommodations to choose from. I am often frustrated when I read a review by a guest who did not enjoy their experience with us because their accommodations did not meet their needs. However, once a guest has left our property it is too late for us to remedy the situation. We encourage all of our guests to consult with our vacation specialist in our reservations department so they can explain the differences in our room types and help you match your accommodations with your vacation needs. Once you are on property PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE go see our front desk personal if your accommodations do not suit your needs. We are more than glad to show you other available accommodations and adjust your reservation. Often our guests who experience a property tour book a different type of room for their next visit with us. Finally we have been discussing a rewards program to reward our returning guest. . We also encourage you to visit our facebook page and read and consult with our 10,000 fans about their experiences. It is also a great way to say connected with what’s happening at Tween Waters and take advantage of promotions and special offers. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
PS. Checkout our anniversary special which includes free room upgrades and much more.
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

We went to Captiva last May with ten couples to celebrate a 50th birthday. We thought about renting one large house or 2 smaller houses until we looked into ‘Tween Waters Inn. This was the best decision we made. Several of the rooms were connected together which made it easy to get from one to the next. All the rooms are close to the pool, beach, and restaurants. All 20 of us gathered at the restaurant on the resort property for breakfast. Some tables are inside and some are on a beautiful terrace. The food was perfect...everything you could possibly want. The breakfast is included in your room rate and absolutely worth it. We walked to the small town for dinner for a few nights and stayed at the resort for a few nights. We didn't have a bad meal. The President of the resort personally came to meet us as we were leaving and invited us to breakfast before the restaurant was open. Our flight was leaving early and he didn't want us to leave without a meal. Everyone was wonderful. We have already booked our next trip. You will love this resort!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Supermom,
Thank you for choosing Tween Waters Inn Island Resort and Spa for your 50th birthday celebration. We are glad that we could be a part of such a special event and we hope you will continue to look back at your event with fond memories. We often hear from large groups that are glad they chose to stay with us over renting a house for their vacation plans. We are perfectly situated to offer something for every type of vacationer from beach to bay, pool to tennis and water sports. Our breakfast is included with every night stay and we do not charge a resort fee. We are locally owned and operated and pride ourselves, both management and staff, in being friendly and flexible with our guests which is not always the case with larger corporate run establishments. Thank you again for choosing us and we hope you will celebrate your 51st with us.
Julington Creek Plantation
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This place offers everything from sunrises(Harbor-side) to sunsets(Gulf/Oceanside). We stayed in a beachfront room that was very clean, beautifully decorated and convenient with a small stovetop, microwave and fridge. The kitchen area gave us the opportunity to have our own coffee and snacks in the room without the space being overwhelmed by all the appliances and work of home. The bathroom was up-to-date in its marble walls, glass enclosed shower, deep tub and wide vanity. A super-bonus was a screened-in, furnished "front porch" facing the ocean. The only downside I encountered in our room was the noise caused by the opening/closing of the sliding glass door to the porch. From one room to the other it sounded like furniture was being moved.

The property was super...great pool area, tasty restaurants, live music, shopping. My husband and I explored many beaches in the Sanibel/Captiva area and loved the Tween Waters beach the best. Rustic dunes, wide beach and lots of shells. We rode bikes up Captiva (careful!) and absolutely fell in love with the island.

The staff was efficient and friendly. Recycling is encouraged in each room. Hygiene items provided are environmentally friendly. The roadway going from Tween Waters up Captiva island is "adoped for clean up" by the Tween Waters Staff. Impressive and appreciated.

The manatees were great fun to watch. The bird watching was never ending. We loved Tween Waters. It would be marvelous to rent a cottage or stay in a room for a whole week. We hope to go back and bring some more family with us.

Room Tip: Consider the options-poolside, Harborside, Gulfside, Cottages-and chose what's best for you.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager22, General Manager at Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Mary R,
Thank you for staying with us. We are so glad that you had such a fabulous time and were able to experience so many of the things we have to offer. Being on a barrier island that runs north and south our beach is perfectly situated for shelling and beautiful sunsets (our beach faces west which means the sun sets directly in front of us instead of off to the side like much of Sanibel). On your next visit we would be happy to show you some of the other types of accommodations we offer in our inventory of 137 guest rooms and cottages. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to you and your friends return.
Fort Myers, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I thought the place was a little run down but the location is perfect.
I rented a cottage and the first day the outside lanai was infested w ants, and someone came over and sprayed the area. Myself and my dog couldnt sit out there due to the oily, residue/stench from the spray. After a day it was fine.
The cottage was cute, lumpy bed and the shower trickled water and the a/c unit is loud, loud, loud..
Love the fact that the beach is across the street and the pool area is nice.
I was having a great time up until the last night when I woke up and went into the bathroom and saw roaches everywhere!
I know it's Florida and that we are on an island and to expect bugs but this just kinda freaked me out.
Overall, I would just go back and spend the day there and I probably wouldnt spend the night there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
GeneralManager23, General Manager at Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to describe your vacation experience at Tween Waters Inn.
I’m sorry you experienced difficulties with ants on the porch of the cottage you occupied. Being in the sub-tropics and with regards to the exterior of the building preventing ants from appearing is a bit of a challenge. However, I was distressed to hear you had insects on the interior of your cottage. We have a contract with a large national pest control company, which does monthly treatments throughout the property, and almost universally we do not experience any issues in any of our units – cottages, rooms or suites. We have already discussed your report with our exterminator and are looking at possible modifications to our program to prevent future occurrences.
This Fall, the resort is investing in many upgrades to our units including furniture, both inside and out, TVs and in some cases total renovations of full units – bathrooms, kitchens, flooring, furniture, etc. Also, many air conditioners in our studio apartments are being replaced with “split” units and other, central units, are replaced as needed.
Thank you very much for staying with us. We hope you will consider another trip to this little bit of paradise, Captiva Island, and to the Tween Waters Inn.

Been to Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!