Well, it's monday, the day after our trip to Captiva and our stay at Tween Waters inn. So, I'm writing this review while everything is fresh in my mind. I'll start with the room. The room size overall for a family of 4 wasn't bad, we were able to slide around each other fairly well. We had a balcony that overlooked the bay, a dock you could fish off of which was nice and walking out of the room you saw the pool. The rooms AC unit was the only bad thing about the room. It stayed one temperature and one temperature only which made sleeping almost unbearable. The pool was great and the oasis bar was what you needed for a snack or drink while swimming or chilling. The 2 restaurants on the premise's are no where near worth what you pay for. The Crow's nest has your basic burger, chicken wings kind of menu. We ate there on a thursday and never ate there again. I ordered Grouper, I didn't receive Grouper. I, being a Floridian and a fisherman know what grouper should look like and taste like, they used a substitute. You might get by with that with a group of real tourist, but not me. Plus, the guy who hosted the crab races which they have on a thursday evening is to loud and obnoxious as hell. Old Captiva house for the price's you payed wasn't worth it, not even close. When I say medium, I don't mean well done. We ate there once. Now the breakfast there was fine, really good french toast, great omelets, fresh fruit. Now another thing that is out of this world is what the charters there charge for fishing. $375 bucks for 4 hours. I know the hotel doesn't have anything to do with it, but they should find someone who for business would charge something more reasonable. I'm not making a payment on a Lexus to go fishing. Now, the beach was beautiful, the water nice. FYI, bring your own chairs. The hotel charges for their chairs which is another no-no. This should be free for anyone who stays at the hotel. Another thing that I will include is the feee wi-fi. It's very spotty at best. By that I mean you have to go outside your room, on the balcony in order to get any kind of reception at all.Would I go back and stay again? If someone else payed I would, but next time we will look to rent a home on Captiva.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Odigeo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida
- Tween Waters Captiva Island