“I drowned at Tween Waters.....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crow's Nest Beach Bar & Grille

Crow's Nest Beach Bar & Grille
15951 Sanibel-Captiva Drive, Captiva Island, FL 33957 (Formerly The Crow's Nest)
+1 239-472-5161
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Hamburgers
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Boca Raton, Florida
“I drowned at Tween Waters.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

Tonya the waitress was our disappointment. Asked for a magarita with Jose and fresh lime which was received like I was speaking in a foreign language. The minute we put her out of her comfort zone she put us out of ours. the grilled fish as ok but they served old and yellow broccolini. Carrots not cooked. Tonya forgot our bread and did not represent the restaurant well at all. The band started to play at 9:30 and being the only live band on Captiva it was a dissappointment too. We would never go back. The atmosphere and service were not worth it.

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Fort Myers, Florida
“smoked chicken---yeah right!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Just got back from a Memorial Weekend at Tween Waters. Our trip was going ok until we went to the "Holiday Picnic Buffet" at the Crows Nest. I realize that it is Captiva and that the cost of food is going to be high. My family and I just wanted a weekend away and knew we would have to pay for it. That being said, let me explain the "buffet".
It consisted of burgers, hotdogs, and Chicken thighs which was not a problem for us. The problem arose when I bit into my chicken thigh and it was raw. Not undercooked, but raw. I told our waiter Skip about the problem and he was very nice. He went and talked to the mgr and they told him it only looked raw that is was "smoked" 2 other tables other than ours had the same complaint. We finally got the chef to come out. not the mgr, but the chef.
I understand things like this can happen, but it was an insult to have them try to tell us it was smoked. I know food... it wasnt smoked it was RAW!!!
Never saw a manager, never offered so much as an apology.
$75 for a meal that we didnt eat that could have made someone ill!
Shame on you tween waters...Shame on you..

• Visited May 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sanibel Island, Florida
“Good value for Captiva Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

We love to go to Crow's nest for their specials -- like the prime rib on Tuesday nights. Those specials are delicious, and very good value. The decor is lacking in elegance, but the service is fairly friendly and attentive. Sometimes they french fries are made in a curled fashion, and when they are, they are excellent. Seating is a bit uncomfortable. Sometimes there is live entertainment, and sometimes it is quite good.

• Visited November 2010
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“My family and I have been coming to...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

My family and I have been coming to Sanibel/ Captiva Islands for over 25 years. Tween waters is an institution here however I am sad to report a very dissapointing experience at the Crows Nest tonight! The calamari was awful, chewy, undercooked and greasy but we actually didn't complain about it, knowing calamari can be tricky. The jerk shrimp was inedible... Too salty for human consumption. My father sent it back and the manager came over and without speaking a word, left the menu on the table( to make a new selection) and walked away. The food was not great by any means, but the worst part was the waitress. She was unfriendly,unresponsive, and absolutely RUDE! I can only assume that since we were a party of 10, and she was already getting a guaranteed 20% tip on a group that size, she could of cared less ! She got a $34.00 tip for horrible service. We are here every year and I can PROMISE that we will NEVER go back to Tween Waters, and not because if the food issues, but because apparently the management could care less about their customer!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saddle River NJ
“NIghtlife in Captiva Island.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

Captiva is laid back, and little to do , however, Tuesday night at this resort is the manager's welcome, the singer announced he would be continuing at the loung restaurant for music, that brought us to the Crows nest for their special rib rib dinner, which for the money was very good. I would definitely come if you are in the area .The bar was crowded and many locals came .

Monday night we came in late, and ordered their pizza special which was just cardboard pizza so it is not fresh. Has a lot of pepperoni and cheese but this is not an Italian place, they don't know how to make it.
However, the best was the last, the desert ....chocolate cup creme brulle was excellent.
Wednesday night they had a couple playing guitar music however no one was dancing to it just being entertained.
They also feature a pasta night on Thursday's so for a family in this upscale neighborhood you are getting the same kitchen that serves in the OLD Captiva house without the fanciness of fine dining. Remeber to get their early, walk out to their private beach and watch the sun do down, and look for the green flash on the crest of the sun.
Happy shelling.