We stayed at South Seas Island Resort Harborside 'Hotel" which is really a condo converted into a hotel... well, sort of. It is dated and not really that luxurious. And you can hear noises from other rooms and people talking loudly outside and doors slamming. Our room was water front which was nice but it was right above the water sport rental and right by the T Dock. All we could hear were children screaming in delight for catching fish on the dock which is nice but not if you are there for peace and quiet. To be fair, the resort does cater to kids. But the reviews of the 'hotel' were so good I thought we'd give it a try. The shelling on the beach was great! The service staff are friendly. The resort is clean. But it is a bit dated. If we go back we will stay in a cottage or Plantation cottage or look at other houses or condos on Captiva. I would recommend staying in Captiva rather than Sanibel. It is less crowded and more secluded except for all the little kids at the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes.Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida