My fiance and I have looked at tons of places to get married, and after doing a quick site tour we decided to stay over for a night to get the full experience. We were very impressed! The subtle elegance of the resort is what I liked the most. I feel like many resorts turn out to be ostentatious, but South Seas has kept to the Captiva lifestyle and really done a great job at keeping with the theme. We stayed at a waterside room and had the most incredible views from our balcony. They added a great touch to give us a bottle of wine and chocolates to celebrate our stay and out of all the places we have stayed and looked at, we really felt like they cared we were thinking about spending the most important day of our lives with them. I loved how open and spread out the resort was, but it was also a quick and pretty walk to the pool, the docks and to the beach. It really has a little bit of everything you could want, but without the crazy tourism that we can't stand over in our area in Tampa Bay. If you are looking for a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere with the island lifestyle, this is a great place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes.Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida