We stayed in a Harbor side water view room. The room was big, bright, clean with a nice view of the sound/gulf. Bathroom was huge! Great location near water sports (got to do the banana boat ride!), pools, scoops ice cream shop, and close to the beach. Our vacation was one of the most relaxing I have ever had, very laid back atmosphere. My son (14) said there wasn't much to do... until he realized that that was the point!
Our friends stayed in one of the Land's End villas - 3 bedrooms, 3 baths with views of the golf course and water. These are exceptional and well appointed. Great for large party, with wrap around porches - gorgeous!
All charges are made to the room keys - no cash. Except for the guys who set up the umbrellas and chairs on the beach where we tipped them with cash. Remember it is a resort and thus you will pay resort prices for everything. There is a "general store" which was near the Marina/Harborside and they had EVERYTHING, including some great bottles of wine! But you will pay for it. Boars Head sub for $11. But hey! it is a vacation, right?
We mostly experiences great service - the Harborside restaurant for breakfast however, was very poor. Service slow as well as very poor quality of food. Skip the buffet and go the store for a bagel.
We will be going back next year for an end of the summer getaway...booking now even! We didn't rent a golf cart, but will definitely spring for it next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes.Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida