We visited The South Seas Island Resort for nine days in February. We rented a beach villa on the south end of the resort (the north tip is where the marina, children's pool and restaurant are located). Since we were not traveling with children, we preferred the more isolated location and most often had a whole pool to ourselves as most families headed up to the larger site. We also found it very convenient to walk outside the Resort for breakfast in Captiva as well as lunch and/or dinner. That is one important thing to note. As all of the accommodations are equipped with private kitchens, there is not a lot of dining choice in the resort. Some people seemed to be irked to discover this, so I suggest either shopping ahead in Fort Myers (although there are two excellent stores in the resort where many staples can be purchased albeit at somewhat expensive prices-I paid $9 for a bottle of jam) or plan on eating outside the resort. There are many excellent restaurants in both Sanibel and Captiva, so it wasn't a problem for us. However, we did enjoy both the poolside restaurant and the Harbourside Restaurant on the north en of the island, but wanted a little more variety over the course of the nine days.
Our condo was lovely and we particularly enjoyed the screened in porch where we spent many happy mornings and evenings drinking coffee and listening to the waves. Housekeeping on the resort was excellent. They asked us what time they wanted to come each day and then arrived every morning just as we requested. It made it so easy to plan a leisurely morning followed by a trip to the pool or beach, when they would clean the room. All staff was pleasant and friendly and more than eager to help. All in all, we had a wonderful time and would eagerly return again.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Hotel
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Resort
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas, cottages and spacious private homes.Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa with two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grille and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.