We had decided that if Miami was to be our jumping off point for our trip to Europe Miami Beach was the area we wanted to start from.
We had spent some time reading reviews on hotels in Miami taking into consideration how we saw our days adventures and points we wished to see. As with all travelers there is only so much time in a day and as we were just starting our 6 week journey sticking to a budget was important.
We arrived in Miami in the morning hours having taken a night flight from western Canada, with this in mind we planned out our day to allow us to take in a few sights prior to check in.
The hotel has a shuttle service which picked us up at the airport and being the only passengers at that time of the day the driver was kind enough to give us a bit of a history to parts of Miami Beach as we headed towards the hotel (thank you much enjoyed). Upon arrival we were prepared to leave our bags and head out only to be pleasently surprised to find they had a room for us, this allowed us to freshen up for the morning start.
The hotel room was very spacious and nicly appointed, beds comfirtable with the added benefit of a generous breakfast in the morning.
The staff were very accomodating not just to us but from conversations with other travellers. They went out of their way to assist in your needs and work to insure your comfort.
The location as one can see is on the causway approximatly mid island. Looking far from South Beach, but in reality only a short bus ride away, making it not too close to the busyness of that area as South Beach can be very busy and very noisy. (We overlooked beautiful Biscayne
There is the attached pub which serves food and drinks allowing you to dine at the hotel if one wishes or venture out to experience the nightlife of the interesting and somewhat historical area.
Travel by plane or ship the hotel can accomadate your needs for transportation and make sure you get to where it is you want to be.
We enjoyed the accomidations appreciated the staffs attending to our needs as well as we had a great start on our memorable trip.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus On The Bay Inn & Marina Hotel North Bay Village
- Best Western Plus On The Bay Inn And Marina
- Best Western Plus On The Bay Inn & Marina Hotel
- Best Western North Bay Village
- North Bay Village Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our quiet bay front location on an island between Miami and Miami Beach allows quick access to South Beach, downtown Miami, Miami International Airport and the port of Miami. Rest comfortably on Simmons® Pillowtop beds, enjoy flat screen televisions with either a 32-inch or a 42-inch screen. Microwave, fridge, and coffee maker are also available in room. Enjoy the parking, wireless Internet, continental breakfast, MIA airport shuttle, all at no charge. Large pool with decks that overlook Biscayne Bay and a fitness center will make your stay enjoyable.Try our balcony rooms for some extra space with a view. Public transportation directly to South Beach stops in front of the BEST WESTERN On the Bay Inn and Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Best Western, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN On The Bay Inn & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.