“Traditional Italian Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
North Bay Village, Florida
“Traditional Italian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Wonderful traditional Italian food. We really enjoyed their signature garlic bread and the staff was attentive and offered great recommendations for new items to try. The restaurant has wonderful ambiance inside and relaxed dining outdoors. Definitely a must-try in North Bay Village.

86% Recommend
Hollywood, Florida
“Solid Italian Food At Reasonable Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I used to go here regularly, when I lived on South Beach years ago. Back then, it was a tiny hole in the wall, and it felt like you were stepping through a doorway into a small restaurant in Italy. But like many other places that are too good to be kept secret, the word got out, and the restaurant was expanded, and while it is still very good, it has lost a little of the magic it used to have.

The menu is not extensive, which is usually a good sign, since things don't sit around a long time, hoping to get ordered. The crab cake appetizer was very good, with plenty of crab and very little filler. Their cheese garlic bread is also very good, but a little pricey at over $6.00 for a small basket. We would have tried the mussels, but the waiter forgot to bring them, and by the time we got his attention, the main courses were on the way.

My friend had the Veal Parmigiana and I had the skirt steak. The veal was done very nicely, it was tender, not overly sauced or too cheesy, which can be a frequent problem. My skirt steak was done exactly to the medium rare that I ordered, and came with potatoes and some grilled onions, but seemed to be missing the Port wine sauce that was supposed to be part of the dish.

There is a nice wine list, with some very reasonable prices, and the Malbec we ordered was quite good. Neither of us had room for dessert, although the menu was tempting, and I rounded out the night with an espresso.

If our waiter had been a little more on the ball, and not missed several items, this would probably be a five star review.

HINT: The restaurant frequently participates in Groupons, Local Dines and other discount deals in the summertime, which can save you some money on the meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hallandale Beach
“Best Italian dining in Miami area, bar none!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have been a customer here since 1996 and have never had a bad experience.
Every pasta, every soup and all the fish and seafood are perfect!
If I have twenty meals here, nineteen are excellent and one is just good.
Excellent staff that has been here for a long time, a very good sign.
Prices at lunch are wonderful.
Thank you for this, as it allows me to come anytime I can.
Owned by a local couple who also happen to be wonderful people. This restaurant is great for business meetings--Channel 7 Television studio is down the street--family, dates or solo.
Mangia!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent lunch, the eggplant lunch special included soup and bread. The service was friendly and polite(rare in Miami). Had a wonderful time definitely coming back

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“So-so Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and our friends were staying nearby for a wedding, so we went here to grab a quick dinner on a Friday night. Staff was quite friendly, obviously trying very hard, which I appreciate.

Food though was, just.. "eh." We had the garlic bread that came topped with a layer of thick cheese. I liked the bruschetta they brought out as a light bite.

I had a seafood risotto with shrimp and scallops - it was okay, not extremely creamy like you'd expect risotto to be, the seafood was cooked nicely, but the dish seemed overall pretty bland.

My husband and my friend had the chicken parm and my friend's husband had the veal parm. No one was blown away, but we were all content.

Didn't choose to have dessert - though they tried to push the chocolate souffle on us. Seems odd since generally you need to put in orders for souffle before your meal so they can have it come out at just the right time for dessert. Given they didn't think this was an issue I'm curious what the "chocolate souffle" actually was. Odd thing to have in an Italian restaurant I think.

Not sure I'd go back, wasn't blown away - but it was okay for a night out. Not very many other diners were there, lots of empty tables for a Friday night at 8pm.

• Visited May 2013