“A local spot for good Italian food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Oggi Caffe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Miami, Florida
“A local spot for good Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Oggis Caffe is hidden away on the ground floor of an office building, in a strip mall on the 79th Street causeway between Miami and Miami Beach. A favorite spot for locals, it's small and quiet, and serves wonderful homemade pasta. My favorite is the crab meat ravioli. The veal dishes are also very good. The staff is friendly and attentive. It's a great place for a relaxing dinner.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Burnt Garlic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I received a $25 certificate from restaurants.com and I chose this place to come to, as I was craving a good Italian pasta dish, and I'd never been here before. My boyfriend and I arrived at Oggi at around 9:30 on a saturday night. The location is kind of bad, as it is in a bank building. The restaurants across the street (Benihana's and Trio's) have awesome views and I'd personally go there instead of this place next time.
There were 3-4 occupied tables. The restaurant was a little too bright but besides that it had a nice ambiance.
We ordered the carpaccio which was a 4/5. We ordered a bottle of wine, and they didn't have it, so they gave us another one that was $4 more expensive for the same price. It tasted bland, but there weren't many other options on the list, so we drank it.
I ordered black linguine with clams. It came out with 20-30 pieces of burnt garlic (which pretty much ruins the whole dish) but I wasn't gonna make a scene and send it back, so I stuck with it. They gave me like 10 pieces of clams (very small too) which wasn't enough for the pasta.
My BF ordered one of their specials, which was chicken and skirt steak in a port sauce with spaghetti aglio e olio. His dish was delicious, and the sauce was very good.
Everything came out to about $110 which is not bad. They add a 18% gratuity so watch out for that.
The service was pretty good.
Overall, I probably wouldn't go back here, since the burnt garlic ruined it for me, and that's a basic in Italian cooking.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Greate Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Is a nice restaurant, with excellent service, friendly and helpful staff and delicious food, I definitely recommend the site.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, New Jersey
“Go-to Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This local spot serves up the best Italian food in the area. A bit pricey but always delicious. Staff is friendly but it's best for take-out on movie night.

Visited October 2012
North Bay Village, Florida
“A Special Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

When my husband and I discovered this place, it became our special place. Birthdays, anniversary, Valentine's Day. The food is even more special, and delicious. Don't miss this one!

Visited August 2012