“pretty food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Miami Beach, Florida
“pretty food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

abundant display, food all looks pretty but has very little taste....a good value and clean. service is spotty -

Visited September 2013

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've been meaning to review this place for the past year now & I've finally had the chance to share my experience with others, and I feel it's important to protect the health of other people as well.
I happen to live right next door to Sakura, so I have witnessed some things that other customers should be very warned about. First of all, the delivery trucks that come to deliver food to Sakura, are frozen food delivery trucks. They pull up in the back of the restaurant & once the door opens, you can see clearly all of the frozen food they bring in. Secondly, and I took a picture so I can attach it here, you will see what the back of the restaurant looks like. It is a run down, extremely filthy back alley looking place where lots of vultures hang out waiting for all of the smelly, dirty, rotten remains of the frozen fish food. Being that I live next door, I'm so tired of the rotten smell that billows out form this low end, cheap restaurant. You would think they would want to clean the back, so that the smell & the bad case of flies would cease. But they obviously don't care.
I imagine this restaurant is struggling financially, pretty badly because there are hardly any cars parked in their lot....and what Sakura does is...even if there are only 5 cars in the entire lot...they have hired a tow truck company to tow cars away, if they discover you are not eating inside their restaurant, even for a few minutes. I imagine this is another way they can re-coup some money they are losing from having pretty much ZERO business. Talk about vultures!
Another sad thing about this restaurant, is that they don't care for the people that live around them, because they will selfishly tow your car away within minutes....but they also solicit their restaurant to all of us neighbors by putting these horrid flyers on all of our cars in the neighborhood. I'm not sure what type of low quality printing materials are being used, but they stick to the car windows & won't come off, leaving a terrible residue that is hard to remove from your window.
Now that we've covered the unsanitary, and bad manners they have towards their own neighbors...let's talk about the 2 different times I dines there...
The first time, I ate inside the restaurant. The service was terrible, it took a waitress about 15 minutes just to realize we were sitting at a table.....(when there was only 2 other people sitting at other tables in the restaurant. The service was pretty sad, and honestly if I worked there, I could see why it would be sad. The employees look sad. So I decided to eat at the buffet. I noticed the buffet looked like the sushi had been sitting out for a while. It makes sense, if they put out sushi, and there are hardly any customers throughout the day, the sushi starts to look brown & hard around the edges. Sadly, I paid a big price when I left there that day, I had the worst case of diarrhea I've had in years. It was debilitating to the point that the stomach cramps that ensued were some of the most painful I have ever endured. So that was my first experience!
The second experience I had there, was I decided to eat there out of desperation the second time. I was running behind & it was an easy fix to run into Sakura since I live across their parking lot. You'd think that after what I have witnessed as far as their sanitary ways, their attitude towards their neighbors, the diarrhea I had endured the first time, you'd think I had learned my lesson! But alas, sometimes we give the benefit of the doubt to some people we should not!
So my second time was less than glorious, and not only did I try the buffet again, I also endured a very bad case of diarrhea that really put me out of commission for a good 2 days. After the extreme stomach cramps, and nauseating walks to my bathroom, and the endless time I spent sitting on the toilet, literally draining my insides out, I had finally learned my lesson, that if a restaurant billows out a dead, stinky smell out of the back of the restaurant, you should really pay attention to that. It;s really something you shouldn't overlook. And the fact that they have hardly any business, (I imagine they'll go under eventually), because they rely on the tow truck money to help keep them financially afloat, their frozen food delivery trucks & the vultures that loom over their dirty alley way, is a pretty sure sign that: YOU PROBABLY SHOULD NOT EAT HERE!
I'm honestly sorry I had to write this review. I had been holding off for about a year now, because I honestly didn't want to just come out & tell the truth about this restaurant. Who really wishes bad things on poor struggling companies in this economy? But sadly, I felt compelled to come out & share what I have been through, what I have witnessed, because I really don't want to hear about a child eating there, and struggling with a health issue, because Sakura really doesn't care about it's customers. They are really just fighting to survive this terrible economy, while serving less than edible food.
So take my warning, if you care about you & your families health.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
2 Thank Amy G
Miami Beach, Florida
“Edible, but barely.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I tried Sakura despite the presence of some negative reviews. I probably should have listened.

Some others have described the food as tasting like it was "thawed from frozen" (watery, tasteless). That would sum it up for me. A few items on the much smaller Chinese menu were adequate, but not great. I tried to sample everything I could to find a winner. None to be found.

I felt a little ill afterward, but obviously not poisoned.

It is true that this newly renovated restaurant was clean and, well, newly renovated. A little tacky, but I'll take clean over tasteful any day.

The price was reasonable for an all-you-can-eat. You get what you pay for. I won't return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
2 Thank Spencer D
Rio de Janeiro
“Not "the best" but very far from "the worst"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was our second time at Sakura. As a friend of ours live at North Bay Village this is a convenient place to have lunch or dinner. It isn't the best oriental buffet you will find but it isn't a bad one. There are to strong reasons to go there: there are plenty of variety of diferent dishes AND the price. It goes from 11 to 16 dollars, per person. Very cheap !! and more: we you leave they give you vouchers, tickets for a next visit, ranging from 5 to 8 dollars and you can use more then one at next visit. So, you can make a big deal. Last time we were there the check was 62 dollars, for four people and we paid U$ 52, using two U$ 5 tickets. Good !!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Avoid directly if you want quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

All the food taste the same, maybe something is not fresh there.;It is not high end restaurant at all;..its more like a chinese japanese frozen buffet..

• Visited June 2013