Having lived in the area 79-89, this was our first return in 23 years. Avid lovers of the Florida Coast, we prefer small, less populated locales over high rises and crowded beaches. My research indicated that The BC might be a good choice. We chose the North Villa, preferring the usually quieter aspects of a bay or sound location over beachside.
Every single aspect of our stay was effortless, from reservation to our leave. Tekla and Robert could not have been more accommodating. And, this leads to one of the best things about the BC, personal attention. We always choose to patronize smaller properties with this level of attention. What a comfort, especially when traveling, to know that should you need help or information, it's just a phone call away. BC staff was such a presence on the property it felt like staying with a good friend that kept an eye out for you. This level of service is what makes the difference between a nice property and an exceptional property.
The unit was impeccably clean, the welcome placard and fresh flowers a wonderful gesture. The bed was comfortable, the kitchen well equipped.
We spend the majority of our vacation time out of doors and we so enjoyed our meals on the patio (There is a shared gas grill on the pier) and fishing from the dock outside the unit. We had old friends over for a much anticipated reunion and Tekla and Robert provided extra parking passes and made sure our guests found us and helped carry in the BBQ! It was all enjoyed under the gorgeous Tropical Foliage, accompanied by a refreshing afternoon breeze in the front courtyard of the Villa.
Hat's off and many thanks to Tekla and Robert and the staff of the Beachcomber. We hope to return to our newest home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beachcomber consists of twelve apartments & cottages located on the beach on Casey Key We are an intimate friendly place where you can enjoy a quiet bit of "Old Florida". Our units are exceptionally clean and fully furnished. It's the kind of place where guests return year after year and bring their friends. Give us a call and we will save a sunset for you! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Beachcomber Hotel Nokomis
- Beachcomber Hotel Nokomis
- Beachcomber Motel Nokomis