“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Suntan Terrace Resort Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nokomis
Suntan Terrace Resort Motel
You added Suntan Terrace Resort Motel to your Saves list
117 Casey Key Road, Nokomis, FL 34275   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Nokomis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Palmetto
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Very nice casual resort with friendly staff. We stayed in Room #8 (1 bedroom apartment) which had a direct Gulf view. Unit is small but adequate and was very clean and well decorated. Causal restaurants nearby and reasonable in cost. If fancy is what you want fo to Marriott or Hilton. This is a "Keys" type atmosphere - great!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Steps from the white sand beach, and fabulous sunsets. We've stayed here several times and loved every visit. The first time, we opened out door one early morning to be greeted by a woodstork standing on the walk, waiting to be invited in! Great beach, great location on both the Gulf side and ICW side of the key. Book early and book often. One of the best values on the Gulf coast. Don't miss the drum circle on Wednesday and Saturday nights a quarter mile north at the state park beach -- great entertainment!

Room Tip: Ocean side is better than the ICW side.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This would be our 3rd time staying at Suntan Terrace and I am always happy with our choice! Love the city of Nokomis, FL and Casey Key/Nokomis Beach are absolutely beautiful! Suntan Terrace is a great place to stay at reasonable prices....right on the beach! The kitchenette rooms make it very convenient for "eating in" or there are several fantastic restaurants in the area, such as Pelican Alley. The atmosphere is always welcoming and inviting. We have met several great people while enjoying our stay. Would highly recommend Suntan Terrace for couples and families!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The room was very clean and cool when we got there. Great location and beautiful beach. Parking was very tight and when full made it difficult to get in your assigned spot. We would for sure return again!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Katy, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed again at Suntan Terrace on our recent visit to Florida. To be honest, I usually prefer the hotel atmosphere, impersonal interactions with other guests and daily housekeeping but the husband LOVES to come here for the ambiance. With the kids, it was great to be this close to the beach. The staff was absolutely phenomenal- they answered all my questions, gave my change for the laundry, and even fetched the Frisbee off the roof with a smile. The lady who does housekeeping (I'm sorry but I can't remember her name!) was extremely friendly and never got exasperated with all my questions. The room was clean and neat. We switched our own towels and sheets when needed. The husband likes to sit out at the tiki bar with all the vacationers and talk to them. Personally, I find drunk people annoying so I spent most of my evening in our room. I know that it says that the tiki bar is only open until 11 pm but people stay out there drinking, being loud, and playing music until the wee hours. We will definitely be coming back when we are in the area but I don't recommend staying on the beach side with small children that need it quiet at night. Stay on the pool side instead. There was an issue with a visitor being aggressive with a guest. Immediately upon being called, the issue was handled by the manager. Then she sent an employee back up to the motel to check on the situation and make sure it was resolved. That's service!!

Room Tip: If you have small children, choose a room by the pool. There is a lot of drinking and loud behavior...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I am partial to mom and pop businesses as I have owned and ran a very popular quaint little inn in the past. So supporting the "little man" is important to me. I have stayed here a few times over the past few years and I have yet had a reason to try a different place. Everything you need for food and entertainment is pretty much in walking distance if you are looking just to relax. The owners are very nice and obviously work very hard to keep the place cozy and relaxed. I do prefer the bayside rooms as they are more private and quiet since they are larger (suite /studio apt type). I stayed in room 9 on the ocean side this last time since we only needed a smaller room for hubby and me. Hubby complained of noisy talkers since the tiki is right outside this room. Me? I could care less bc I was out on the beach and in the water for most of the time and slept like a baby at night from wearing myself out. ;-) Nokomis is one of my most favorite places in the USA so far. I plan to return and stay at Suntan Terrace many more times in the years to come. It is truly a treasure of the heart.

• Stayed July 2014
Dunnellon, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed only one night so hard to really give a good review.
It was not very private for couples, people walking by our room all day and night, more family oriented. They had a lot of amenities and right on the Gulf of Mexico.
The neighbor resident was not very kind and yelled at us, I think he thought HE owned the beach, not the hotels fault. But the man was very rude.
They have a tiki bar between the buildings and the night we stayed, some of the other guests thought the whole place belonged to them, having others visit you at a hotel they should have respect for the other guests staying there too. From taking our parking spot and drinking party very late at night/early morning hours and very loud.
Our room was clean and comfortable and the view was awesome and pet friendly, kind of. There were no real walking areas for the dogs to go potty and were not allowed in the beach or pool areas. We had stayed in Ft Myers Beach the week before and liked that better, closer to entertainment, food, shopping.

Room Tip: We had the Gulf front view suite with a bedroom and it was a nice room. But people were walking by...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Suntan Terrace Resort Motel? Share your experiences!