“How dissapointing...” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Romford, United Kingdom
“How dissapointing...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was planning to visit them even before I left the UK. Put the address in the sat nav... took me to a place which did not exist. Don't use the address from the internet or presaved in your sat navs. The restaurant is lacking the atmosphere and is really pricey. Food is very good, but I would not call it restaurant food. It is more of a comfort, home cooked Greek food. The tzatziki was to die for though. I'm afraid I will not be returning. There was no Greek décor, no Greek music. Nice staff though.

Visited July 2013

71% Recommend
Sarasot
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Based on this review I dined at Ilia's tonight. Being Greek I was so excited about this. We ordered dolmades, spanokopita, & fried calamari for appetizers. The domades were the ones that come out of a can. The spanokopita was microwaved! Who does this? The phyllo dough was now mush with no crunchiness that it should have. I asked the waitress about the microwaved dish and she said they don't like to run the oven in the summer. Then close down or take it off the menu! I won't even go into detail on the main course because it will be negative. From a Greek that cooks Greek Ilia's was a huge disappointment and I felt like I threw my money out in the street.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Failed Mediterranean Specialties”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The proprietors make it a point to say "no". This facility is an embarrassment to an otherwise welcoming resort community.
Inflexibility is their motto. We have tried it twice. That was enough.
Expensive and uncomfortable.

Visited April 2013
Nokomis, Florida
“Real Greek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Probably one of the best greek restaurants I have ate at. Small family jewel that is easily missed. Food and service unsurpassed. If you are lucky Illia will come out and visit with you--a treat in itself.

Visited May 2013
Albany, New York
“Excellent Greek Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We took our neighbor here for dinner Tuesday night. We both had avgolemono soup which was excellent as was the spanokopta, chicken lemonato, and the eggplant salad. Great choice for Greek food. Quiet atmosphere makes it possible to have conversations.

• Visited May 2013