“Great hotel and great value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great hotel and great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Great Holiday Inn Express. Bedrooms large with huge beds, large TV microwave and coffee maker. Free wifi is a bonus and good reliable connection. Location is good and the Big Fish Grill is 500 yards away which is superb. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HIExpressEglin, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Niceville - Eglin AFB, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are lucky to be centrally located to many things including the very popular Big Fish Grill. We are delighted that you found great value and hope that we will see you the next time you visit the Niceville area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for four nights, and everything was great! The staff is fantastic, so helpful and probably the friendliest and most accommodating that we've experienced in our many years of traveling. I would absolutely reccomend staying here, it's a great calm location but so close to Destin beach, Ft. Walton and Others. WONDERFUL!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are always happy when we can make our guests feel welcomed and appreciated. We enjoyed your visit and hope that we can see you on your next trip to the Niceville area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn-Express Niceville for about a week in the beginning of May, I was doing work up in Crestview so I tried to book a hotel relatively close to the airport and where I was working. The hotel is literally only a few miles from the airport but it was still a drive to Crestview. Anyway, the hotel is located on a Bayou and upon arrival, it had the standard Holiday Inn Express features. The room was clean, the bathroom was stocked and the water was hot in the shower. As a runner, there are a lot of place to run around the bayou. The fitness center was also very clean and had more than the normal Holiday Inn Express fitness centers. Normally, I would try to stay on the beach when doing work in the Fort Walton Beach area. However, while staying here, I didnt think twice about switching.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HIExpressEglin, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Niceville - Eglin AFB, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. Your observations are much appreciated and we are glad you were able to take advantage of the area for your business trip. The beach is always beautiful, but it is truly nice in Niceville! We look forward to your next visit.
Savoy, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Niceville, FL and it just keeps getting better. Upon check-in, I was offered a choice of water, soda, or a cold beer. Very nice touch indeed. The service staff is excellent and I want to especially commend Dwight for helping me with some field equipment problems. The breakfast is top notch; the dining room is very clean and the hostess is really a joy. One evening, the hotel sponsored a manager's reception which included a nice variety of cold beers, wines, cheeses, vegetables, and meats. Paul, the general manager, was really a nice guy and very engaging. What a great treat this was and everyone seemed to really enjoy this function. I stay at a lot of Holiday Inn properties for business and this one is indeed among the cream of the crop. I am anxiously awaiting a return visit. Thanks for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HIExpressEglin, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Niceville - Eglin AFB, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are always excited when our guests take advantage of the little extras we try to provide to make a memorable stay. We enjoy having you here and look forward to your next visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here on way back from a Florida trip. Comfortable room and bed. All the staff we met were really pleasant. Breakfast fine. Nice location. Could walk to several restaurants. Nice spot off parking lot with tables, chairs and grills (grill supplies available from the desk) that would be great if we had been there longer. Would stay again

• Stayed May 2014
HIExpressEglin, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Niceville - Eglin AFB, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted that you found us on your way home and enjoyed your brief stay. Many of our guests appreciate and enjoy the outdoor grilling area and make it part of their summer activities. Hopefully next trip through we can look forward to seeing you out there!
Sanford, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have stayed in a lot of Holiday Inn properties over the last few years racking up a lot of points and becoming a Platinum member along the way. But this hotel will not be in my rotation to stay at again.

I did not book this hotel my cousin did for a Funeral and I checked in with my uncle who is 82 and the reservations were in his name.

The hotel is clean but oddly laid out in the rooms. The desk in our two bed room was right up against the air conditioner unit and I was constantly cold and the fan was blowing right in my ear quite uncomfortably. This room could have been laid out comfortably as a King room with the desk away from the AC unit but they stuck two beds in here anyway.

Also the walls are very thin and my uncle who often asked me to repeat myself because he could not hear me say something stated quite obvious wow those people in the hall sure are loud. I am not sure what rooms the guests who stayed in quiet rooms were at but they were not staying in my room.

The room prices were very expensive and if I was not staying there for my uncle I would have moved to the Quality Suits as some of the other family members were staying there and their rooms were almost half as much per night. It’s not like this hotel is near the beach or anything so I don’t understand the price.

The property has two buildings as well so be aware you may not be located in the main building where they serve breakfast and have the coffee pots, if this matters to you.

The breakfast is standard HI food. Same here in Niceville as it was in Olive Branch, MS and in Jacksonville, FL, and in Grenville, SC and Charlotte, NC. You get warm tasty food that is a good start to the day. Same complaint here, that I have about all HI everywhere, their coffee stinks. It is only colored hot water with very little coffee flavor.

So to sum up, expensive, noisy, strange room lay outs that are uncomfortable to use the desk from and nice staff, Similar options for less in town.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HIExpressEglin, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Niceville - Eglin AFB, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for your feedback; we appreciate your platinum status and we hold your opinions in high regard. I am sorry that you did not feel comfortable in your room and that you did not see a value for the property. You will be glad to know that we are planning a renovation this fall to address some of your concerns and hope that you will consider putting us back into your rotation should you return to the Niceville area. Again, we appreciate your comments and value any opportunity to improve our guest experience.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We have stayed here many times over the last several years, having been previously been stationed at Eglin Air Force Base. Whether just passing through, or visiting for a long weekend, this property is consistently comfortable. Our last visit was mid-March for our son's spring break. As always, it was clean, quiet and comfortable. This last trip was especially delightful when early in on in our stay we met our housekeeper "Mardi." While most of the staff are helpful & friendly, Ms. Mardi really stood out. She was friendly, professional, always tried to do more than we needed as we stayed in one of the newer suites. You are fortunate to have her on your team. Please pass on our gratitude to Ms. Mardi!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HIExpressEglin, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Niceville - Eglin AFB, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are delighted that you choose the Holiday Inn Express when you visit the area. Mardi is indeed one of our valued team members and I will gladly pass along your kind words. I certainly hope we can look forward to seeing you here again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niceville
Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base
Quality Inn At Eglin AFB
#5 of 6 in Niceville
3.0 of 5 stars 55 reviews
TownePlace Suites Fort Walton Beach -  Eglin AFB
TownePlace Suites Fort Walton Be...
#1 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 45 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Niceville - Eglin AFB? Share your experiences!