“Great hotel, but for a different reason” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Niceville
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great hotel, but for a different reason”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is an unusual reason to review a hotel. I had a room booked through Priceline and showed up to check in. The desk staff informed me that a computer problem caused them to overbook and they had no room available for me. BUT they immediately called another nearby hotel and arranged for a room there. That room was significantly costlier but they guaranteed they would work it out with Priceline and that they would pay whatever the difference on my behalf. They kept their promise and made sure there was no trouble for me. Our stay at the other hotel was outstanding, and I'm sure we would have enjoyed the same experience had we been able to stay at Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Niceville - Eglin AFB, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
First let me say I am sorry we did not get the opportunity to accommodate you. We look forward to your return to Niceville. However, I am happy to hear we were able to secure your stay at another location and keep the stay trouble free. We take great pride in making sure our guests have a great experience. We hope to see you back soon.

Jennifer Crook

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there 3 weeks TDY in the kitchenette room. It was a nice place and the staff and employees go out of their way to make your stay excellent. The breakfasts were good. Loved the automatic pancake conveyor.
Clean & Fresh, well kept. Really good caring and respectful people.

Top rated in my book. I will send others there!

• Stayed February 2013
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was a one night stay for my husband and I both bound back to Canada. He had stayed at this HIE before and spoke well of it. Although there was a mix up with our booking i.e. the person who had booked this hotel for us got the dates wrong, they were very willing and helpful to accommodate us.
One other thing that impressed us was that we had mentioned we had a very early morning flight to catch at 6.15am and they gave us a room on the ground floor that made our departure so much easier. Also the night staff ensured that there was some of the breakfast stuff available that we could take before we left to catch our flight.
Overall a good experience and good service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I am very impressed. We were welcomed with a beverage of our choice. Of course we chose wine. They have an "Ice Cream Social" in the evening for the children, free wifi and of course warm cookies. They have a great breakfast as well. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. They provide a mini fridge and microwave. The hotel is located across the street from the bay so you can view the water from some of the rooms. It is also located next to a Ruby Tuesday Restaurant. If you show your card you get 10% off. It's is about 10 minutes from Destin and it is a straight shot. Keep in mind you need to have $3.00 to acess the Toll if you plan to visit Destin. I am pleased to have all this for an affordable price!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We got to the hotel in the late afternoon and my husband checked in. He came out to the car with a smile on his face. "I just had a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie and was given my choice of a free drink for staying here!" (he had a bottled Bud-light in his hand) Needless to say, that was a good start to the stay. Check-in was quick and efficient, and the receptionist was very nice. There was a nice coffee-bar right next to the check in area as well.

We went up to our room on the second floor (close to both the elevator and ice machine) and found a nice, clean room with a king-size bed. The air conditioner/heating system worked just fine, the filtering curtains were clean and worked just right. There was a microwave and refrigerator and both were clean and in good order. The wood furnishings were fairly new and clean. The room looked well-cared for. The bathroom was fully stocked with shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. The wall hair dryer was clean and worked at full power, not something you see in many hotels.

We went out to eat and found several restaurants within 1-2 miles of the hotel. There is a Ruby Tuesday's right in front of the hotel, an easy 2 minute walk from the front door. After coming home that evening, we watched a movie (TV worked just fine) and then retired for the night. All in all, just what you would expect from a well-run Holiday Inn Express. There were other visitors spending the night, but the rooms seem to be well-insulated and there was little or no noise.

The next day was even better. After a good, hot breakfast down in the dining area (5:30-9:30) which was staffed by a friendly, attentive person, my husband left to go to a business meeting. I stayed behind in the room to finish getting ready to leave after going to the gym. It was easy to get a late check out, so I had time for a good workout.

The gym was just great. I walked in and found brand-new equipment: a treadmill, elliptical, and bike. There was an adjustable bench with a full set of dumb-bell weights and a multi-station exercise platform.

Now, I've never seen this before anywhere. There was a full coffee bar setup (and all the containers were full of either regular or decaf coffee) and it included the sugar, non-sugar sweeteners and creamers, and there was a table beyond the exercise area that had bananas available for an after-exercise snack. The large water bottle was full and ready for use. The water was very good. In a separate area, there were the washer and dryer systems. You could exercise and wash/dry a load of clothes at the same time. Truly efficient.

While I was exercising, the owner performed a walk-through of the facility with the head manager in attendance. It was obvious the hotel was well-maintained and the entire management staff was proud of the facility. They even asked for any inputs I might have.

When my husband came back and got ready to leave, we asked the front desk for directions and received all the help we needed and more. We left knowing that this was the one hotel we would stay in if we drove back through Niceville anytime soon. Top ratings all around.

(There is an outdoor pool, but we didn't use it since it was early late January/early February and fairly cold.)

Room Tip: We were on the second floor close to the elevator and enjoyed the location.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stopped by The Holiday Inn Express a few days prior to our return trip home to Canada as we were taking a side trip to Houston to visit friends and didn't want to take both large suitcases. We were delighted that the hotel could accommodate this request. From the moment we were greeted the first day and then upon our return, we were very impressed by Jennifer, Grace and Lanette. Grace remembered me as I had phoned several days before to confirm our reservations and driving directions from our condo in Panama City Beach. Everyone on their staff were cheerful and helpful. For example, we needed transportation from and to the airport as we had returned our rental car. Jennifer recommended Scotty who was excellent, his limo was lovely and the rate was reasonable. We felt so welcomed and truly appreciated everyone's effort to make our stay comfortable. Traveling is tiring for senior seniors and so this made our trip home easier to handle. Thank you to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Well, after my flight was cancelled and I'd already turned in my rental car, I was disparate to find a nearby hotel room. The airline staff recommended this hotel and I'm glad I took their advice! Check in was a breeze, including the free welcome beverage offer (which I was really happy for after the previous few hours experience at the airport!). Room was clean and spacious. My only issue With the room was that the air fresher or whatever they use was overpowering. Maybe I just have a sensitive nose... And the mini fridge was noisy. But all in all I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Niceville - Eglin AFB? Share your experiences!