“What a nice place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Niceville
Clearwater, Florida, United States
“What a nice place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We got to the hotel in the late afternoon and my husband checked in. He came out to the car with a smile on his face. "I just had a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie and was given my choice of a free drink for staying here!" (he had a bottled Bud-light in his hand) Needless to say, that was a good start to the stay. Check-in was quick and efficient, and the receptionist was very nice. There was a nice coffee-bar right next to the check in area as well.

We went up to our room on the second floor (close to both the elevator and ice machine) and found a nice, clean room with a king-size bed. The air conditioner/heating system worked just fine, the filtering curtains were clean and worked just right. There was a microwave and refrigerator and both were clean and in good order. The wood furnishings were fairly new and clean. The room looked well-cared for. The bathroom was fully stocked with shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. The wall hair dryer was clean and worked at full power, not something you see in many hotels.

We went out to eat and found several restaurants within 1-2 miles of the hotel. There is a Ruby Tuesday's right in front of the hotel, an easy 2 minute walk from the front door. After coming home that evening, we watched a movie (TV worked just fine) and then retired for the night. All in all, just what you would expect from a well-run Holiday Inn Express. There were other visitors spending the night, but the rooms seem to be well-insulated and there was little or no noise.

The next day was even better. After a good, hot breakfast down in the dining area (5:30-9:30) which was staffed by a friendly, attentive person, my husband left to go to a business meeting. I stayed behind in the room to finish getting ready to leave after going to the gym. It was easy to get a late check out, so I had time for a good workout.

The gym was just great. I walked in and found brand-new equipment: a treadmill, elliptical, and bike. There was an adjustable bench with a full set of dumb-bell weights and a multi-station exercise platform.

Now, I've never seen this before anywhere. There was a full coffee bar setup (and all the containers were full of either regular or decaf coffee) and it included the sugar, non-sugar sweeteners and creamers, and there was a table beyond the exercise area that had bananas available for an after-exercise snack. The large water bottle was full and ready for use. The water was very good. In a separate area, there were the washer and dryer systems. You could exercise and wash/dry a load of clothes at the same time. Truly efficient.

While I was exercising, the owner performed a walk-through of the facility with the head manager in attendance. It was obvious the hotel was well-maintained and the entire management staff was proud of the facility. They even asked for any inputs I might have.

When my husband came back and got ready to leave, we asked the front desk for directions and received all the help we needed and more. We left knowing that this was the one hotel we would stay in if we drove back through Niceville anytime soon. Top ratings all around.

(There is an outdoor pool, but we didn't use it since it was early late January/early February and fairly cold.)

Room Tip: We were on the second floor close to the elevator and enjoyed the location.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stopped by The Holiday Inn Express a few days prior to our return trip home to Canada as we were taking a side trip to Houston to visit friends and didn't want to take both large suitcases. We were delighted that the hotel could accommodate this request. From the moment we were greeted the first day and then upon our return, we were very impressed by Jennifer, Grace and Lanette. Grace remembered me as I had phoned several days before to confirm our reservations and driving directions from our condo in Panama City Beach. Everyone on their staff were cheerful and helpful. For example, we needed transportation from and to the airport as we had returned our rental car. Jennifer recommended Scotty who was excellent, his limo was lovely and the rate was reasonable. We felt so welcomed and truly appreciated everyone's effort to make our stay comfortable. Traveling is tiring for senior seniors and so this made our trip home easier to handle. Thank you to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Well, after my flight was cancelled and I'd already turned in my rental car, I was disparate to find a nearby hotel room. The airline staff recommended this hotel and I'm glad I took their advice! Check in was a breeze, including the free welcome beverage offer (which I was really happy for after the previous few hours experience at the airport!). Room was clean and spacious. My only issue With the room was that the air fresher or whatever they use was overpowering. Maybe I just have a sensitive nose... And the mini fridge was noisy. But all in all I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Was not in a good mood when I left the airport - my flight had been cancelled & I had to spend another day in Florida. But when I walked into the HOliday Inn Express, my mood brightened. The lobby was clean, sparkling, and filled with a wonderful floral fragrance. The counter person was engaging, helpful, and quickly assigned us to a king room on the first floor. Grabbing a free hot cookie, my wife and I made our way down the inviting hallway to a wonderfully clean and inviting room.
We used our hotel's 10% discount at the Ruby Tuesday's next door for dinner & after a little TV we retired to a great night's sleep on our crisp linens.
Breakfast in the morning was terrific - I had the biscuits & gravy, 2 pork sausages, and a hot cinnamaon roll. Orange juice and hot chocolate completed my meal. My wife went for the cheeses omelet with her roll and banana. There were also plenty of bagels, fresh pancakes,cereal, muffins, etc.
I then used the hotel's free computers and printers to check in for our flights.
Great experience after our unfortunate delays on Delta.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Niceville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

William, at the front desk, and Amy graciously and competently assisted me with a reservation glitch from my sponsoring agency. The 2nd floor room was so clean-even the shower curtain was not mildewed! The mattress was firm and supportive. The hot breakfast was diverse, tasty, and extended from 5:30-9:30AM. For the winter, there were cookies for the guests. It was a quiet hotel for quiet guests, easily within walking distance of Ruby Tuesday's restaurant, and a short drive to the airport. My only complaint is that the elevator needed labeling, since it blends in so well.

Room Tip: I was in the front building on the 2nd floor (there is another building); my room was clean and quie...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Niceville - Eglin AFB, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Our main goal is to make our guest happy and for them to enjoy a comfortable, clean room. Thank you for the advice on the elevator, I will speak to our engineering dept. about that issue. We look forward to your return!

Jennifer Crook
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

You have to go eat at the Dockside cafe down the street and enjoy the hotels ice cream social. They give out a free beer when you check in... how cool! You will enjoy the clean rooms and big screen tvs!

• Stayed October 2012
CGestring, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Niceville - Eglin AFB, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your review. We love when our guests take advantage of our amenities!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is by far one of the best I have stayed in. Very clean and comfortable. The staff is helpful and friendly. I was actually able to sleep because of the comfort of the bed and pillows. That is a rare find in most hotels. I will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012
We love being a Great Hotel Guests Love. Stay in Niceville anytime you would like to "Stay Smart" with a great night's sleep.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Niceville - Eglin AFB? Share your experiences!