“Nice one night stop” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Georgetown, Kentucky
“Nice one night stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed at the Quality Inn as a one night stay over before reaching our destination in Destin. The price for the room was a little more than I wanted to pay, but it was on par with the other hotels in the area. It was very conveniently located to Destin and only took about 20-25 minutes to reach Destin. The hotel could use some updates as it was a little outdated. The property has outside entrances to the rooms, which I would not prefer. We stayed in the king room and it was large and very clean. The shower was nice and did the job. We did not use the pool, but it appeared clean and was large enough to have fun if you decide to go swimming. The breakfast was nice, it had waffles, sausage and egg biscuits, cereal, etc. If we come back to Destin again I would stay at this hotel as a one night stay over again.

Room Tip: We booked early through Quality Inn's website and got a discount.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I was traveling to Destin for our honeymoon and decided to a day early so we stayed in Niceville. However, starting at checking the gentlemen attitude was very uninviting. He couldn't provide any information as to what was in the area. He would provide us with a ground floor room though I have knee issues. The room that was given was fair. The pool was ok, but the hottub needed to be repaied the jets wasn't working so we couldn't enjoy that. Breakfast was ok. Check out just as worst as checking in. I'll make sure to bypass them next visit.

• Stayed June 2013
Daleville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed there because we had an early morning flight to the airport and it was very convenient. The hotel was a little dated and for the price they charged I would have thought it would be a little better. The lock on our door did not work, but the staff manager got us another room pretty quickly. I think one would probably get a little better value on a place up the road in Crestview.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Charles, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

First of all, the check in staff was very friendly. The property was older but it was very clean and well maintained. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. I found the breakfast to be great. I asked for more shampoo bottles and the cleaning lady handed them to me with a smile. The friendliest staff!!! I will be back!

Room Tip: Definitely consider this hotel!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here last weekend and it couldn't have been better. We chose this hotel because it is one of the few in the area that will take a pet. The pet rooms are on one side of the building and they have a large Pet Walk area, complete with baggies for deposits. It seems that most people pick up after because I saw very few piles there. The pet room was very clean and smelled good. The breakfast is pretty good--cereal & milk, coffee & juice, donuts, bagels, waffles, biscuits, eggs and sausage.

We will definitely stay here again with our doggy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Locust Grove, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Booked this hotel based on reviews, for the price I paid I need 50% of my cost back. I arrived late at night and was very surprised to have to check-in through a window outside. Room had a strong mildew/musty smell to it. I was too tired to go down and change room. I was a priority member and was told check out was not until 2pm, someone from house keeping woke me up at 12 noon to ask when I was checking out. Staff was very unprofessional. I won't stay here again, nor will I recommend it. I was sure the website said Hotel and not motel. If you make us check in from the outside security should be somewhere for our safety.

Room Tip: If you must stay here check in before they close the lobby.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I booked this motel using Rewards Points. We thought it was a hotel with inside rooms which we prefer but it was not. Check in was fast. The girl at the front desk was very helpful. The room was clean. That is what is most important to us. The bed was very comfortable. The room was average size. It had a refrigerator, microwave, a flat screen tv and a coffee maker The wifi was free and worked well.
Breakfast was good. Eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, make your own waffles, bagels, toast, cereal, coffee, juice. Your usual free breakfast.
We did not use the pool but it looked nice and clean.
We would stay there again and and recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn At Eglin AFB? Share your experiences!