“Lots of great things to say” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Lots of great things to say”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

First of all, the check in staff was very friendly. The property was older but it was very clean and well maintained. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. I found the breakfast to be great. I asked for more shampoo bottles and the cleaning lady handed them to me with a smile. The friendliest staff!!! I will be back!

Room Tip: Definitely consider this hotel!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here last weekend and it couldn't have been better. We chose this hotel because it is one of the few in the area that will take a pet. The pet rooms are on one side of the building and they have a large Pet Walk area, complete with baggies for deposits. It seems that most people pick up after because I saw very few piles there. The pet room was very clean and smelled good. The breakfast is pretty good--cereal & milk, coffee & juice, donuts, bagels, waffles, biscuits, eggs and sausage.

We will definitely stay here again with our doggy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Locust Grove, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Booked this hotel based on reviews, for the price I paid I need 50% of my cost back. I arrived late at night and was very surprised to have to check-in through a window outside. Room had a strong mildew/musty smell to it. I was too tired to go down and change room. I was a priority member and was told check out was not until 2pm, someone from house keeping woke me up at 12 noon to ask when I was checking out. Staff was very unprofessional. I won't stay here again, nor will I recommend it. I was sure the website said Hotel and not motel. If you make us check in from the outside security should be somewhere for our safety.

Room Tip: If you must stay here check in before they close the lobby.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I booked this motel using Rewards Points. We thought it was a hotel with inside rooms which we prefer but it was not. Check in was fast. The girl at the front desk was very helpful. The room was clean. That is what is most important to us. The bed was very comfortable. The room was average size. It had a refrigerator, microwave, a flat screen tv and a coffee maker The wifi was free and worked well.
Breakfast was good. Eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, make your own waffles, bagels, toast, cereal, coffee, juice. Your usual free breakfast.
We did not use the pool but it looked nice and clean.
We would stay there again and and recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Effingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at this motel. From making the reservation with Bruce, checking in with Pam and checking out with Kelly the service was perfectly helpful and friendly. It was a pleasure to deal with the staff. In addition I was a few minutes late for breakfast the first morning and Shelby helped me find what I needed, retrieved a couple items that had been put up, and was much like a helpful waitress. In 5 minutes I was on my way to my room with breakfast.

I enjoyed the setting of this motel. It was surrounded by several large old trees and more grass than any motel I stayed at on this 2 week trip. The first night I stood outside a few minutes and enjoyed the stars. On one side is a park.

The room covered the basics very well. Everything I touched or looked at closely was clean, the bed was comfortable, hot water was always available, the shower head had a good spray, the shower had a grab bar which I find handy even though I do not require one, the lavatory / dressing area was spacious, the desk work area had a convenient electrical plug-in on the base of the desk lamp, the desk was large enough, the wifi worked perfectly, there was a frig and microwave. While I was there the weather was cool and the heater kept the temp where I wanted and the fan was quiet.

This building is an older style with the room doors opening to the outside. I've come to prefer this style to the newer standard of an inside hallway. The location of the stairway was convenient to where I parked so going from the 2nd floor room to the car was quick and easy.

There were a couple minor imperfections. The tub/shower drained slowly so water backed up onto the tops of my feet even though I turned off the shower while soaping and scrubbing. The bathroom light and fan are on the same switch, which was the norm for many years. Many newer rooms now have them on separate switches, which I've come to prefer as it is quieter when there is no need for the fan.

My stay was quite enjoyable and the price made it an excellent value. I did not feel I gave up anything I wanted to stay here as opposed to a more expensive motel. The variety for breakfast is less at motels in this price range but I’m willing to make that trade-off.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Panama City Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Hotel was clean and confortable. It is the location closest to the airport and that we really liked shower was good and the beds comfortable.It is good for an overnite stay on way to the airport. We were on the second floor and it was quiet and clean.

Room Tip: Closet hotel to airport. Better more high class hotels are farther away. This met our needs for the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Have stayed at this location quite a few times and i was blown away with the service and the comfort of the room. The queen pillowtops are extremely comfortable and the front desk staff goes above and beyond to grant whatever request you have. The housekeepers are very friendly, even had a housekeeper leave us a note thanking us for staying with them and if we needed anything to let her know. Will continue to stay here and will recommand ANYONE to stay here.
The room was beyond perfect, ice cold a/c, clean towels, smelled and looked wonderful when you first open that door.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn At Eglin AFB? Share your experiences!