“EXCELLENT” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Destin, Florida
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Have stayed at this location quite a few times and i was blown away with the service and the comfort of the room. The queen pillowtops are extremely comfortable and the front desk staff goes above and beyond to grant whatever request you have. The housekeepers are very friendly, even had a housekeeper leave us a note thanking us for staying with them and if we needed anything to let her know. Will continue to stay here and will recommand ANYONE to stay here.
The room was beyond perfect, ice cold a/c, clean towels, smelled and looked wonderful when you first open that door.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
granbury, tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed here overnight after getting bumped from the last flight of the day out of the Ft. Walton Airport. The best thing about it is that it is easy to get to from the airport. Check in was easy; the gentleman at the front desk was new on the job, but friendly and efficient. The room was quite and comfortable, but had a slight musty smell. I would go back for just an overnight stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Gaylordsville, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Having stayed here before, I was not disappointed this trip. The room was spotlessly clean and well appointed. The staff was friendly and helpful. The price was considerably less than another chain around the corner and had everything I needed. Easy entrance and exit and near enough to everything.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
North Royalton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The room stunk like cat pee,it was dirty,old....The free breakfast not worth staing here!!!!! Could not sleep the room felt so dirty! Bathroom gross!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have no complaints about this motel itself. It's in pretty good shape, clean, with microwave and mini refrigerator. The pool area is clean, with fresh towels by the pool.It was very convenient to my son's graduation ceremony from the EOD school on the base. As another reviewer said, it's a bit far from the beach, but far less expensive. Easy to find, convenient to grocery stores and restaurants, and easy to get in and out of.
However, we did have one significant problem. We arose early and went to breakfast, putting up the "do not disturb" sign when we left the room. We came back and took our showers, taking down the sign before we left, before 10 am. When we returned late that afternoon, wanting a shower and expecting to find a clean room and fresh towels, we found...nothing. The room had not been touched. When I called the front desk, they told me it was because I had asked not to be disturbed. When I told them that I had removed the sign before 10 am, they told me that I should have called the front desk to report that the sign had been removed; the cleaners check only once. I protested such a policy--it wasn't like I'd stayed in the room for the majority of the day--and they did discount my bill--but I do think that the cleaners should be able to check the room again in the late morning to see if the status of the rooms has changed.There are many reasons that one would ask early in the morning not to be disturbed, and would leave early enough to facilitate a room cleaning.
I would stay here again, but I would definitely call the front desk if I changed the status of my do not disturb sign. I do think the cleaners opted out of their duties a bit early, and I don't think it's unreasonable to ask them to re-check those rooms later on their shift. I'm one of the few people who leaves a tip for the chambermaids...too bad!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

This hotel was a nice surprise. It was clean, quiet, and comfortable. We had a king bed with a microwave and mini fridge. The a/c worked well, plenty of hot water, and towels were ok too. The staff was very friendly. Everyone we passed greeted us morning and night. The size of the room was nice and I was able to work at night at the desk without repositioning all of our belongings. There were plenty of restaraunts on the main street across from the hotel. I thought the rate was a tad high for a Sunday night in a small town but I needed a place to stay and was treated very nice. No regrets.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Booked this place based on Trip Advisor reviews. Was in town visiting my son at one of the local Air Force bases and found the inn to be as advertised. Sure it is a little far from the beach (about 40 minutes) but considering the prices for closer places - this was by far a better all around choice.

Staff was helpful and friendly with eating out suggestions, directions and arranging transportation to the local airport (no free shuttle service).

Pool was clean and inviting. Rooms were clean, linens fresh and rooms quiet with no problems getting sleep. Only comments are the room could use a fresh coat of paint and had troubles with the shower curtain allowing excessive water on the floor.

Breakfast was typical for this type of place which was fine for me.

Overall, a good place for the price and I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn At Eglin AFB? Share your experiences!