“DO NOT STAY THERE!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bluewater Bay Resort

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Niceville
Bluewater Bay Resort
You added Bluewater Bay Resort to your Saves list
2000 Bluewater Boulevard, Niceville, FL 32578   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Franklin, North Carolina
“DO NOT STAY THERE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed one night at Bluewater Bay…when I called and made reservations, I asked if they had a kitchen. They told me that the unit (a one bedroom one bath unit golf villa), had one. The price was right, so I made a reservation. I checked in, went to the villa, put my bags in, then went to visit my friend. Came back that night, realized, there was a kitchen, with no stove! Only a microwave, refrigerator, and toaster. There was a sign in the unit, that no foreman grills, crock pots, toaster ovens were allowed in the units due to insurance reasons.

In the bathroom, there were plenty of dead bugs on the floor, as well as a few live ones. The furniture in the unit looked ok, it was old, but went I sat on the couch in the living room, it smelled as if someone had vomited! Also, there were bugs biting my legs! The TV was so old, the remote didn’t work my stay was becoming miserable. Ok, went to the bedroom, which was nice sized, had 2 double beds, got in the first bed, sunk right down into the middle of the bed, realized, no way could I sleep in this, got into the 2nd bed, thank goodness it was old, but in better condition. Woke up the next morning, complained to the nice front desk clerk that the room was very old, had bugs, no kitchen, he informed me that they have been talking to the developers that they need to upgrade the villas.

DO NOT STAY THERE! I went to the Regency Inn, a fine place, ultra clean, very nice people, nice pool, refrigerator, microwave in each room, clean, small continental adequate breakfast…

I informed both owners of Regency and Bluewater Bay I would be posting reviews…The front desk clerk at the bluewater bay said they didn’t care.

PS There was also mold creeping up the walls in the bathroom!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay There!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Families
Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Have you ever gone new home shopping, found an unappealing one in a great neighborhood and thought as you drove away, “hmm, with a little paint here, a new driveway, a new fence and some shrubbery that place would be awesome”.

That’s the impression I got of Bluewater Bay Golf Resort.

Google Earth location, N30 28 55,W86 25 47.

Desperately wanted to go to Destin, but the hotels were full. So I had to look at alternate cities. Niceville was the closest town with a bridge carrying straight into Destin at the part of the beach I like the most.

With Destin hotels running $140 and above, Nicevill hotels weren't much cheaper.

So I searched for a non-traditional choice like Bluewater Bay Resort because I had seen signs for it when I have passed this way in the past.

Location:
It is literally across the bay from Destin Central Shopping District. It takes about 10 minutes or less over the long mid-bay bridge (when there is no backup). The fee for the bridge is about $3 each way unfortunately, unless you have a Sun Pass.

The resort is large and you primarily see nice homes when you drive into it. Got the registration building, which houses the rental units and had to pause outside and contemplate. Roof tiles were dislodged with some appearing gone, the pop-corn texture type paint was way too old and unappealing, the parking lot was not well maintained and was relatively empty. That's a little uncomfortable on a holiday weekend. There was damage to one of the columns that should have been repaired a long time ago.

Trying not to prejudge everything, the desk clerk was very nice and told me about the property. The property had a marine on the bay, but you have to ask for access to it from the marine officials, it is not automatically included. There are lots of home in the complex with very nice landscaping.

The Room:
Well, the room was huge, in fact the proper word is ‘suite’. There was a kitchen with microwave, refrigerator and a double/deck washer and dryer. The dining/living room was very large and spacious. The couch in particular looks dated and well worn, but not torn. There were crumbs left in one of the seats at the table and each chair had a least one of two spots. The solid carpet, well, it could use a little updating.
The bedroom came out much better though. Although definitely not modern, it was basic and clean with simple furnishings. A quick look under the sheets showed no tearing, no stains and no other interesting spots. The beds themselves were decent, but I would not expect plush at this pricepoint. It is my favorite room.

The bathroom is another story. Although very large, the sink was chipped, there were scratches on the bottom of the tub and most annoying was the wallpaper peeling away from the top of the shower splashplate

The last irritant, which is hard to control is the fact that I was in a non-smoking room, but I could smell the residue of smoke in it. I never fault management, unless it is real bad and no effort was made to subdue it.

Ultimate Opinion: This place would be a fantastic bargain for a small family of four even if it cost 20% more. Everything that you need would be right there in the unit and you would be only about 10 minutes from the beach. The words ‘maintenance, slight renovation, some painting, new furnishings and upkeep’ come continuously in my mind.

On a 1 to 5 scale for basic accommodations, this place with a little TLC would easily be a 5+. Right now, I would give it a 2.33 and would stay again with the recommended improvements

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Des Moines, Ia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2005

Where do I start?! The room was horrible, smelled like old cigarette butts, mold and mildew. With in an hour of being there cockroaches were greeting us in the bathroom and kitchen area. We arrived late and checked out early the next day. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!

Stayed June 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2004

I had a great experience at the Golf Resort. Everything was in excellent condition and the staff was very courteous. The Clubhouse restaurant serves great dinners!

Been to Bluewater Bay Resort? Share your experiences!