“Wonderful, unassuming lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Panama City, Florida
“Wonderful, unassuming lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

It doesn't look like much on the outside but the food is tremendous. We stopped in for lunch and the po' boys are a tremendous value. The special with shrimp and fish was an excellent sandwich with great dirty rice as a side. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Just reading the descriptions of the larger entrees definitely makes me want to return for dinner. Kids would be okay. The also have a separated bar area in the back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Niceville, Florida
“Good food, good service modest atmosphere, no scenery.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I like this place for the food quality and value. And the service is always good. The New York Strip is a very good meal and a good value.

The restaurant is clean, and you can sometimes find a Groupon for it. Parking is okay...not great.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eighty four, PA
“add to my list of repeats!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We are in the Ft Walton Beach area every other year or so and are always looking for new places to eat. My husband is always on the search of the best gumbo and I think we found it at FQG. The decor is a little quirky but has that New Orleans feel. I had the corn & crawfish bisque and it left me speechless. So rich that I don't think you would want a big bowl of it but a cup was great. Then we tried to boudin for something different and it was also very good....especially the spread they serve with it. Then I had a shrimp poboy that was fantastic. Hard to believe a sandwich could be so satisfying but they grill the inside and outside of the freshes homemade roll ve ever had. Then they pile on jumbo shrimp topped with lettuce and a really great sauce. I just want this everyday!!! My husband had the shrimp &grits and said it was the best he'd everhad. We've been on vacation now for almost a week and wish we would have found this place earlier. Easy to find and less than 30mins from FWB. Bar is seperate from the restaurant so it is family friendly. Can't wait to try more from their menu. And...the service was great.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
niceville
“Wonderfully surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place is a hidden away jewel. I went there with my family and everyone's selection was fantastic. Generous portions and great atmosphere. I will go back often.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Niceville, Florida
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the decor of the restuarant but that's more personal taste. That said, I was probably more inclined to dislike the food, but I didn't. The food was FANTASTIC. Now it's my friend and my regular meet up spot. Would definetly recommend.

• Visited June 2013