“Great burgers” 4 of 5 stars

73 S John Sims Pkwy, Niceville, FL 32580
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 75 Restaurants in Niceville
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Description: Fairly new business which is tucked (hidden) behind McDonald's, off of Highway 20 and Juniper Avenue, in Niceville, Florida. The chef/owner is Brian Cartenuto, a young chef who cooks very tasty, and well seasoned, food in a casual environment. He claims to cook and serve the BEST HAMBURGER IN TOWN, and my son who considers himself a burger connoisseur (and tastes burgers in EVERY town we visit) says it is THE BEST hamburger he has EVER eaten. And, it is HUGE. In fact, all of Brian's portions are very large. I can never finish my plate of food, and take some home every time. In addition to his menu, he offers Blue Plate Specials from Monday through Friday. His "Red Beans and Rice" on Monday are the BEST I've ever had. As Niceville, Fl has so few delicious, affordable and local restaurants, I am reallly wanting to place Tucker Duke's Lunchbox on the map. In fact, I plan to contact that show Diners, Dives, and Drive-Ins. :-)
“Great burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

This food is amazing. One of the best burgers I have ever eaten. Just remember to hit the gym once you come out of your food coma.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Niceville, Florida
“Treat their workers really bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Okay the is okay but do you want yo support a company that is abusive to its employees? I can't. I am a local and won't eat here.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
floridia
“Weekly lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stop by once a week for a Sophia (turkey burger) sans the bun and change the cheese and the staff is always very accommodating in making those changes for me. My service has always been friendly and my food very good, I'm a fan. But don't go if you're uptight, stuffy or in a hurry cause it's not that kind of place. Good food in a funky atmosphere.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Choice for Lunch....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Saw a crowd eating there one Saturday and had to give them a try. You can sit inside or out lunch seems to be pretty busy. They only had counter seating when we arrived, I'm not a fan of country seating. When a table became vacant the table was cleaned off for us. I wasn't impressed with the decor, probably could have been a little cleaner, the best thing to me was the music! I didn't have a clue on what it order decided in the General Tso Hoagie: Tso chicken tangy/spicy, scallions, carrots, radish, and cilantro, it was very good very filling. My husband had a turkey sandwich don't remember the exact name. Plenty of turkey, toasted bread, condiments and a special sauce. We also ordered a side of sweet potatoes fries, they were served hot and crispy...the service was good, refills were given as needed, and table cleared. For the record, it's in Valparaiso not Niceville. Don't let the appearance fool you, they have good food. Hidden jewel. Look forward to going back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eglin Air Force Base, Florida, United States
“OVER RATED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Went for lunch on a weekend. Service was just ok. The Restaurant is filthy, way way overpriced food. You can see the cooks and grill, and the were wiping sweat of their foreheads.

• Visited October 2013