“Exceptional Stay..Home away from Home.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Niceville, Florida
“Exceptional Stay..Home away from Home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

As a Government Project Officer that travels for a living, I constantly battle with finding hotel properties to house my team and I for periods of 1 to 3 weeks..at government Per Diem. My team and I have stayed several times, for several weeks at a time, at this hotel, and have always been treated not as patrons, but as family. Michele Hartley (GM), Tannia, Caroline, Kim, Andria, Luann, and the entire staff have always treated my team and I with huge smiles, personable conversation, laughter, and attention even to the smallest details (remembering family members names, children, and etc..). They have opened their house to us, and many of our clients, and genuinely taken care of my teams.
There are many very nice places to stay in the Niceville area, but my team personally requestes this location each time, and in their words, "it's like coming home" away from home.
Thank you Michele (and staff) for all you do for others, and my team. The accommodations are excellent, the people fantastic, the location is close to everything, and it's always a pleasure to stay at "Our home away from home".

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
mlhartley, General Manager at Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Truly the best news is hearing you and your crew are returning. We love being your support will in the area and are eager to handle any and all requests.Your magnificent team makes it equally enjoyable. We think of you all as part of our family and we enjoy seeing yours grow. Thank you Butch.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We wanted to escape the UK and its weather to have one last sunny long weekend. We have been to the Emerald Coast before and have stayed at other establishments. This location was picked for:
- Strategy location, good connections to the coast, NW Florida airport and about 1 hour drive to
the west to Pensacola (Westward) and Panama City (Eastward).
- Driving from ATL (5.5Hours).
- A competitive price to stay.
- A peaceful location, although there is no on site bar or restaurant. There are plenty within a 5 to 10 minutes drive, we would recommend either The Boat House or The Harbour Dock.

On arrival we were made welcome by Audrey and was promptly checked in, the hotel was completely full for the first nights of our stay. The hotel facilities were clean, tidy and light. This also featured in our assigned rooms which were located at the back of the hotel. The beds were very comfortable.

We would definitely at the Hampton Inn Niceville in future!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Frankfort, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Everything from the lobby to the rooms are kept very clean and tidy. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. It's only an easy 20 - 25 minute drive to Fort Walton Beach. We would definitely stay at this Hampton again!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Navarre, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel was a great stay for the price. I don't have much to complain. The only bad thing was the pool was freezing cold. The breakfast that is provided is great and a very healthy choice. The beds were extremely comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Horseshoe Bay, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hampton Inn-Niceville is the best motel I've stayed at in a long,long time. Tops in all respects. Each & every employee, front desk, breakfast room attendent,the maintainence gal & the manager were friendly,professional and eager to please. The motel's location is convenient and quiet, the landscaping attractive and litter-free. The breakfast room was well attended. The food selection way above average. Best of all the rooms sparkled, the linens clean and white and the mattress super comfy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Lakeland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great folks at Hampton Inn in Niceville Fl. Great place to stay. The people were friendly and genuinely concerned about providing great service to their customer. I would stay there again if I'm ever in that area. They are conveniently located, and the prices were in line with their market area. I would strongly suggest this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The best thing I can say about this hotel was that the front desk manager was beyond nice and professional. The worst thing I can say about this hotel is some of the front desk staff are beyond rude and unprofessional. Upon arrival, at 245pm, they did not have a room ready for us. Granted, check-in time is 3pm but when I asked how long we would have to wait I was told buy the front desk clerk that she wasn't sure, she couldn't even tell me that it would be at 3pm! That was a bit frustrating after traveling so far and long to be denied check-in right off the bat. We were finally checked in at 3pm. The room was acceptable. We payed extra for a bay view but it wasn't worth it, we could really only see a bit of the bay. We did have a nice view of the American Flag though, I liked that. We stayed for three days/nights and intended on being gone all day, each day. Little did we know that after being at the beach and on the water for the entire day we would return to the hotel to find absolutely NO parking available anywhere. When we went in to ask about it I was told that we had to park down the entry road. It was really dark, and there were weeds on the side of the road where we were suppose to park (undeveloped property/road). Then we would have to walk down the road and back to the hotel with our things in tow. The gentleman working the front desk was less than apologetic about it. He was very matter of fact and acted like I was ridiculous to expect to actually have a parking spot at the hotel I was paying a pretty penny to stay at. He said this always happens when they are busy and it is to be expected. I asked him where he parked and he told me in a parking spot because he got there before I did! What the heck? Every customer service based business I know has their employees park further away so their guests and customers can have better parking. If the hotel knows they will be full, have the employees park down the road those days! Problem solved, and if it is not solved, at least the employees can say they park down there too! I was not happy. The front desk manager, Tonya Collins, did catch my husband the next morning on his way out and apologized very sincerely. Then, she left us a card at check out. I appreciated this personal touch and her sincerity and it is the only reason I am not leaving a one star review for this property. The room and breakfast are on par with other hotels in this price range, adequate and satisfactory. It really is the customer service that can make or break an experience though. So, if you are booking here, be aware of the parking situation and the chance of rude front desk employees. Other than that, we didn't have an issue.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base? Share your experiences!