“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Niceville
Fort Worth, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Very nice Hampton Inn. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The property is in a quiet location but the entrance/exit is a little tight and easy to miss the first time there. There is really nothing within walking distance, but I prefer the quietness over convenience. The only complaint was the a/c thermostat on the wall had been disconnected and you had to use the one on the unit. This made keeping the room at a constant temp throughout challenging as the afternoon sun heated. At night I would wake up freezing and have to adjust again. When they get the wall thermostats reconnected this will be alleviated and it was not a huge problem given everything else was excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I often find my self forgetting to say thank you but I usually have a smile for all Our stay was loaded with smiles before me (vary rare) and not only face to face thank you but little notes as well!!! Who has time for that and cleaning up hotel rooms!?!?! Blew me away,

Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel was perfectly placed near the beach and Eglin AFB. VERY clean and the nicest most helpful staff ever. We will definitely stay here again when we visit our family next year. We can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: We had to call direct to get connecting rooms, but the front desk staff was very accomodating. They...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Great staff, great hotel.
The location is great if you prefer seclusion- it's about 15 minutes from Eglin but is in a great spot on the bayou.
At the front desk Karolin was outstanding- very helpful and accommodating.
Michelle in housekeeping was also excellent and does a great job.

• Stayed July 2013
Uxbridge, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The next morning when I went down for breakfast, the young lady behind the check-in counter said "Good morning Mr. Kalinoski" I was surprised that she remembered my name among all the guests that arrived the previous night. I wish I remember her name! Now that's how you treat guests that will keep them coming back..first class staff throughout this whole hotel!!

Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I recently lived here for my third time, this time for three weeks. I say lived and not stayed because the entire staff made me feel right at home. Whether it was Karolin greeting me when I arrived at midnight and taking care of my every little need like allowing me to find just the right room for perfect WI-FI connectivity, Audrey wishing me a good day every morning when I headed out to the work place, or Amy (and all the cleaning staff) leaving me pleasantries each day to ensure my day always ended on a happy note, these three ladies and the entire staff made me feel like family. And when things did not go so perfectly in every department, someone was always there, typically before I was even aware of the issue, informing me of status and when things would be perfect again. Frankly, the entire staff made me feel like I was the only guest when in reality the hotel was full for the entire three weeks. Further, as others have pointed out, the location of this hotel provided me quick access to wherever I needed to get to each day; whether it was Fort Walton Beach, Egln AFB, Destin, Bluewater, or Shalamar; I enjoyed an easy commute. Due to the hours I worked while there, I did not get an opportunity to partake in the morning breakfast, although the staff did provide nice carry-out bagged snacks at the reception counter each morning. Another nice touch that I did not get to take advantage of was the Wednesday night mini-buffet where each week a different restaurant would cater. This attribute may or may not still be in affect; might want to ask about this one prior to booking. If I had to point to any issue I had during my stay it would be that of one that most visitors should not encounter. Because I often worked late into the night while there, sometimes arriving back at the hotel near midnight, I would sometimes often get the very last parking space, leaving me a bit anxious. I expect this was due to it being over Memorial Day weekend and the hotel being completely full at the time. All, said, you just cannot go wrong with this choice; best value I've encountered in some time. I will definitely return when back in town.

Room Tip: If you are staying over a weekend and you need absolute quiet, choose a room on the opposite side of...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Greensboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Neat and clean as a pin- a bit out of town but quiet and very well run property. Would stay again. We booked this hotel as a transition to a much more expensive hotel on the beach as we were scheduled to get in late. Had some concern about it being a USAF base hotel but that was totally unfounded. Hotel was like new.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base? Share your experiences!