“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Niceville
Hayden, Alabama
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

From the time you entire this hotel, you are made to feel like family, and treated wih special care! This staff went above and beyond their jobs to make my stay much more relaxing and enjoyable!!! I've stayed in many places both in and out of the country and this place was by far the most welcoming and comfortable stays I've had!
One thing the corporate office could change is the time breakfast ends--since so many people stay in hotels/motels for vacation purposes, sleeping in is one of the best "luxuries" you get. By ending breakfast at 9, you miss the quality breakfasts you serve. One extra hour to extend that breakfast sure makes a HUGE difference!!!
I WILL be returning again in the Fall, and will be staying with this wonderful place again!!! The staff deserves MANY bravo's and pats on the back for their outstanding service!!!!!!

Room Tip: If debating where to stay, you CAN'T go wrong staying here! Packed beaches are just a few minut...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was in the area to attend my best friend's wedding. I had actually reserved a prepaid room at another nearby hotel, but due to computer problems, the hotel was overbooked and they had to send me to Comfort Suites. When I arrived in the lobby, they said I was expected and they placed me in a very nice room for two nights. They also cooperated with the agency who I had booked the original room with and negotiated my stay. The counter personnel were pleasant, friendly, helpful, patient and kind. After we'd been in the room for about a half hour, they called to ask if everything in the room was to our liking, and it absolutely was. The room was a good size, and the bathroom was very roomy. Internet access was as easy as it could be. They also serve a full hot breakfast, as well as some tasty appetizers on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. When I return to the area again, this is where I'll stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Woodstock, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Quick and swift check-in process. Very friendly and courteous staff. Clean & quiet. Price little bit steep especially off season but I guess location is in high demand. The only real down side was a breakfast...lukewarm (really on the colder side) eggs and bacon. Run down, and barely warm coffee didn't taste too good...But who needs breakfast? Right? I'd stay again here anyways because I've received one of the best customer service. Manager's reception with food, beer, wine from 4:30 to 6:30pm was a nice touch as well. Thanks you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel really surpassed our expectations. The hotel is very inviting, clean; the staff was wonderful from Jane and Mary at breakfast to Adrianna at the reception desk. We stayed here for the first time and met friends there. We plan to return in the summer and are happy to do so. The rooms were very comfortable with a sofa bed, refrigerator, coffeemaker, lap desk and welcoming package for rewards members. The breakfast was excellent and the hot items varied each day from biscuits and gravy to cheese omelets and bacon (my son's favorite). There is a manager's reception on Tuesdays and Thursdays featuring a local restaurant and wine, beer and snacks, and fresh cookies every evening. Great for all-purpose visit, business and pleasure, close to tourist destinations, restaurants, Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Eglin Ari Force Base and Armament Museum, and places like Wal-Mart. The bed was comfortable, spacious bathrooms, many amenities for a good price on the room. We even took over the lobby one afternoon and played cards with our friends. We even went down to the lobby, heated up leftovers, and ate watching TV in the breakfast area. It was all very comfortable and cozy - definitely a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

From the moment I made the reservation they were very pleasant. The hotel is only a 20 minute drive to Destin and Ft. Walton Beach. This was the best customer service we have received at a hotel and the price is good. One of the many examples of the great customer service that we received was, once my family and I arrived, Adreanna was so very helpful. We arrived in Niceville at 9:30 A.M.. She recommened a place for my family to eat breakfast while waiting for our room to be finish for early check in. We had got lost and she called to make sure we arrived ok and then called when the room was ready. The customer service that she showed was great. The whole entire staff at this hotel is very kind and super friendly. They really go out of the way to make sure that every guest is happy. Also, their is a U.S. Air Force Armament Museum with free admision that is about 5 minutes away from the hotel on your way to Ft. Walton Beach. I would definitaly recommend this hotel to anyone. We will be using this location again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Warm welcome, comfy-soft bed, clean, good breakfast. They go far to make sure you are happy. If you are there on Tue or Thr early evening, there is a manager's reception with food, beer, wine from 4:30 to 6:30P. We had our 13 yr old w/us who was happy to have the sofa bed in the rm (we got a king!). Not far to Destin at almost half the cost! Met friends here and we all enjoyed this new hotel (4 yrs old) and the friendly staff. The elevator was a welcomed convenience, too! Local restaurants and Air Force/armament museum close by... Lovely 20-30 min drive to Destin. Breakfast included coffee, tea, milk, juices, eggs, sausages, breads, bagels, muffins, pastries, yogurt, fruit, flavored creams, cereal, waffles, toaster... Self-serve and there was an attendant to make sure buffet was well supplied (Jane was friendly, welcoming, and made sure our table was well-supplied and even came around to take away our plates when we were done w/them). The women at the front desk were also very friendly (cannot remember their names, sorry). If you need a good place to stay,this is it!

• Stayed April 2013
Selma, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites at Eglin AFB in Niceville, FL. There was a total of 14 people in our group from Alabama. We received excellent "care" from the minute we walked through the door. The young lady at the front desk was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. My family and I will be using this location again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites at Eglin AFB? Share your experiences!